Neo's RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Neo's RP

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sword Art Online

Go down 
+2
Seraph
Script-Z
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Script-Z

Script-Z

Sword Art Online - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sword Art Online   Sword Art Online - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 8:13 pm

Seraph wrote:
You aren't a good judge on what's awful or not Neo.

Seraph wrote:
And I do mean for yourself because just because you think something is shitty/good doesn't means others have the same opinion.

Lolololololol.
Back to top Go down
http://script-z.deviantart.com
Seraph

Seraph

PostSubject: Re: Sword Art Online   Sword Art Online - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 8:27 pm

Whatever.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Unyielding Force of Thoroughbred Penis
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Sword Art Online   Sword Art Online - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 12:46 am

Holy shit, I forgot this was here.

So, as some of you might know, I have indeed watched SAO, & can confirm that it's fucking terrible.

Also, Dark was wrong, unsurprisingly. The first SAO novel was written in 2009. .hack//SIGN premiered in 2002. SAO came long after .hack//SIGN, & in all honesty, probably plagiarized the tits right off of it.
Back to top Go down
https://neon.rpg-board.net
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

Quote : My dreams are higher than the fucking sky!

PostSubject: Re: Sword Art Online   Sword Art Online - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 1:29 am

A shitty thread forgotten by time?

Of course it couldn't be left to rot, Neon had to necrobump it to show he was right.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Sword Art Online   Sword Art Online - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 1:35 am

Everyone must know what a shitty .hack ripoff this anime is. Everyone.
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: Sword Art Online   Sword Art Online - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 1:40 am

I never even heard of it.

The title made me believe it was a shitty web based MMO.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Sword Art Online   Sword Art Online - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 1:45 am

It's a shitty anime about a shitty web based MMO.

It really enjoys explaining the minutiae of the rules to you, much of the action AND characterization happens completely offscreen during months-long timeskips between episodes, the main character is a complete Gary Stu, there's a decidedly sexist portrayal involving all female characters falling madly in love with him & gradually losing their ability to do anything without him, they decide to keep coming up with excuses to recycle the "trapped within a game" plot for 3 different games & counting, & I hear tell that there's also a forced romance, which you would probably like, because it's textbook tsundere bullshit, even though Asuna was not a tsundere when she was introduced.
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Sword Art Online   Sword Art Online - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 3:52 am

Well, look at that.
Back to top Go down
Tsukuyomi

Tsukuyomi

Quote : I screwed myself with a screwdriver in the thumb.

PostSubject: Re: Sword Art Online   Sword Art Online - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 8:14 am

Oh, peculiar that I haven't seen this before. Anyway, I would agree that SAO isn't the best anime out there. It's good enough to pass time by watching anime but it's not deep like NGE or Ghost in the Shell (first movie). When my mother paid me a visit we would watch the first episode of an anime since she isn't patient enough to put that time into watching a series and I think an anime only got an episode to hook its veiwers. One of them was SAO, she said things I can't translate but it meant it wasn't good. Kind of peculiar how it managed to get big, or maybe that's just my impression.

She did like Ghost in the Shell, Samurai 7 and Basilisk. She has also seen many of the movies from Studio Ghibli.

Now, speaking of Ghost in the Shell, I ponder when the library will tell me to pick it up that manga I requested. The last library I looked for it had lost its copy. ._.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Sword Art Online   Sword Art Online - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 10:44 am

It's supposedly very popular right now, & mostly I'm just angry, & will jump to any opportunity to defend & glorify the old .hack series when others won't.

In fairness, SAO started out mildly interesting, but quickly degenerated to the point where I only watch it when I have nothing better to do, & even then, just to make fun of it.
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: Sword Art Online   Sword Art Online - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 2:45 am

Of course mommy dearest would enjoy movies churned out by Studio Ghibli.

Everything they produce is gold.
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Sword Art Online   Sword Art Online - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 2:48 am

Not sure if that is sarcasm, but most everything Ghibli produced HAS been gold.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Sword Art Online   Sword Art Online - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 2:50 am

Fuck Ghost in the Shell.
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: Sword Art Online   Sword Art Online - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 2:53 am

I was being sincere.

And fuck your shit, Ghost in the Shell is pretty rad.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Sword Art Online   Sword Art Online - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 3:03 am

All I know is that it has an anime that's largely incomprehensible, with a lot of extreme close ups on the characters not moving their lips.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Sword Art Online   Sword Art Online - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 3:20 am

Double posting to inform you all that I missed an episode & Kirito is now married & owns a house. In the episode before the one I missed, he was just about to duel a guy & they were still limiting themselves to ship teasing.
Back to top Go down
Tsukuyomi

Tsukuyomi

PostSubject: Re: Sword Art Online   Sword Art Online - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 9:30 am

Neo Bahamut wrote:
All I know is that it has an anime that's largely incomprehensible, with a lot of extreme close ups on the characters not moving their lips.
I have no idea which of the Ghost in the Shell you watched, but I watched the first movie from 1995.

Oh, and the library had lost its copy of the manga so now I have requested it from yet another library. Yes, I know I could just read it on the internet, and I have tried, but always gets lost somewhere after the first few chapters because I forget where I left off. Oh well.

Neo Bahamut wrote:
It's supposedly very popular right now, & mostly I'm just angry, & will jump to any opportunity to defend & glorify the old .hack series when others won't.
Then I wasn't totally misstaken. And I haven't seen/read the .hack but maybe I'll look into it at some point in the future.

Neo Bahamut wrote:
In fairness, SAO started out mildly interesting, but quickly degenerated to the point where I only watch it when I have nothing better to do, & even then, just to make fun of it.
It started with potential but it just scratched the surface in the end. If you want an actionfilled anime with some lovestuff in it, then sure. But it's not deep like NGE.
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: Sword Art Online   Sword Art Online - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 9:50 am

Bookmark the page you leave off on, holmes.

Also...

>Evangelion
>Deep

Pick one.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Sword Art Online   Sword Art Online - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 1:57 pm

.hack//SIGN is anime-only. It leads into the first 4 games, & also has some prequel novels, OVAs, & a sequel manga/anime that has a different plot depending on the version, neither one that great. Then it timeskips & reboots, & that's the point where I stop caring entirely.

I don't even like the action or romance in the show. And I was never that keen on it, because like I said, it was a blatantly obvious ripoff of .hack. But I gave it a chance, & it failed.
Back to top Go down
Tsukuyomi

Tsukuyomi

PostSubject: Re: Sword Art Online   Sword Art Online - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 10:45 am

HarleyThomas wrote:
Bookmark the page you leave off on, holmes.
I'm on the library computer, dude.

Neo Bahamut wrote:
.hack//SIGN is anime-only. It leads into the first 4 games, & also has some prequel novels, OVAs, & a sequel manga/anime that has a different plot depending on the version, neither one that great. Then it timeskips & reboots, & that's the point where I stop caring entirely.
If I'm still around these parts of the internet by the time I decide to look into the .hack series I'll be sure to talk to you in which order I should watch it and stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Sword Art Online   Sword Art Online - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 1:59 pm

SIGN is pretty much going to be your only option. Novels are not common place on the internet. I guess you could also check out a Let's Play of the original games, if such a thing exists, but I don't know why you would. It ruins the whole atmosphere.

Also, don't read mangaz on the library computer. Or, if you insist on it, E-mail yourself the link to the chapter you left off on.
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: Sword Art Online   Sword Art Online - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 2:11 am

Why wouldn't he read mango on the library computer?

It's so people don't see him as some kind of no life degenerate, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Astarte

Astarte

Quote : I'm not the necrophiliac Arthur Chase - That's a different Arthur Chase.

PostSubject: Re: Sword Art Online   Sword Art Online - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 9:49 am

HarleyThomas wrote:
>Evangelion
>Deep

Pick one.
The only people who bug me more than the people who insist NGE is the deepest and intellectually greatest series of all time are the ones who like to say it is not deep at all. I don't think it holds the meaning of life or anything, and the term 'deep' is kind of vague (to me at least), but it has some merit there.
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Sword Art Online   Sword Art Online - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 6:18 pm

Sword Art Online - Page 2 367psx
Back to top Go down
Astarte

Astarte

Quote : I'm not the necrophiliac Arthur Chase - That's a different Arthur Chase.

PostSubject: Re: Sword Art Online   Sword Art Online - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:31 am

No hate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sword Art Online   Sword Art Online - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sword Art Online
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Neo's RP :: Other Stuff :: General Discussion-
Jump to: