Neo's RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Neo's RP

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

United Galactic Alliance News

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Azena

Azena

Quote : The next time I want to kill someone, how about you just let me

United Galactic Alliance News Empty
PostSubject: United Galactic Alliance News   United Galactic Alliance News EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 8:54 am

Forwarding United Galactic Alliance News Reports...

Filter(s) enabled: Rexil, Zermic, Council, Mercenaries...

Prioritizing...

Processing...

Downloading to network...

Accessing...

Last edited by Azena on Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/mynameisgarrus
Azena

Azena

PostSubject: Alliance News Report -- "Dark Side of the Colony"   United Galactic Alliance News EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 8:54 am

The UGA Council is facing a terrible crisis as a colony that is the forefront of galactic unity has gone dark. The intra-species colony of Rexil, founded 161 N.F. as the first colony with the intended purpose of promoting cooperation and support between the multiple species of the galaxy, has recently stopped all communication. Officials report that there was no communication before the event that would have sparked concern. This, however, leaves more worries than relief.

Instead of facing possible aggression between the species, the colonists of Rexil may be dealing with a different threat. Being near the heart of Council space, it is anyone’s guess as to what may or may not be attacking Rexil and not the nearby systems. Of course, every species is concerned that the attempts at peace during day to day affairs may have failed. Homeworlds of the species found on Rexil have deployed search and rescue teams to investigate the cause of the blackout and assist the colonists however possible. Our thoughts and prayers are with the colonists and we hope to see them emerge safely.

This is Terina Raghi-lo with Alliance News, signing off.
Back to top Go down
Azena

Azena

PostSubject: Alliance News Report -- "Rexil Follow-Up"   United Galactic Alliance News EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 8:56 am

More ominous news from the intra-species colony of Rexil. All attempts at a rescue mission from homeworlds of the planet’s citizens have failed. Rescue teams have gone dark upon arrival at Rexil and all political stress is now high. Amongst the rumors of war brewing between the species with less than sturdy relationships, the UGA Council is currently in talks about last resorts for the colony. The greatest concern is the Unity Mass Relay no longer responding, making it impossible to travel to the planet by means of a Relay.

The Council has scrounged up a last ditch effort to rescue the colonists and determine the cause of the blackout. The UGAF Zermic will be leaving from the nearest system to Rexil to make the month long trip to the colony. This will give the Council plenty of time to develop a plan of action should the Zermic suffer the same fate as the other rescue attempts. Given the severity of the mission, the Council has authorized the Zermic to operate with a volunteer crew. While mostly military, the Zermic has employed crew members through mercenary organizations such as the Blue Suns and Aether.

We wish them well on their trip and pray they do not meet the same fate as the other crews. Hopefully, we will soon find the light in this dark time. This is Terina Raghi-lo for Alliance News, signing off.
Back to top Go down
Azena

Azena

PostSubject: Alliance News Report -- "Rexil's Fate?"   United Galactic Alliance News EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 8:57 am

Yesterday the UGAF Zermic, which was en route to the Rexil colony that has gone dark, arrived to its destination only to go dark within minutes. This tragic news could not come at a worse time. The nearly two hundred members of the Zermic were the last hope for the colonists. The UGA Council has agreed that the best course of action is to contain whatever is plaguing the planet. Out of pure fear, the Council has authorized a bombing mission to destroy the planet.

Fortunately, political pressure has forced the Council to stay their hand and give the Zermic some time to finish the mission. This reporter sincerely hopes the crew is still capable and carrying out their mission under dark as we speak. The Council has allotted a three days to await contact from the rescue team or the colony before the bombing team, which was sent shortly after the Zermic as a planned pre-caution and is waiting just outside of Rexil space, is ordered to conduct the destruction of an entire colony. There is still no way of knowing what has become of the colony and how many lives will be lost to such actions.

We can only hope that the Council has weighed all options and has decided upon the best outcome. This is Terina Raghi-lo for Alliance News, signing off.
Back to top Go down
Azena

Azena

PostSubject: Alliance News Report -- "Behind the Mind"   United Galactic Alliance News EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 3:58 pm

With the recent publications about the Council's decisions regarding the situation on Rexil, there has been an increase in distrust and aggression towards the Council. Many are calling them heartless, ruthless, and impulsive to launch a global attack to contain a threat that may or may not exsist on the planet. Councilor Terrik requested an interview to help clear the air about these concerns.

Terina Raghi-lo: Councilor Terrik, thank you for speaking with me, today.
Councilor Terrik: No, thank you, Ms. Raghi-lo. These past few days have been straining on myself and the other Council members.
TR: Let's dig into that, shall we? The Council has faced extreme scrutiny for the decisions made for the situation on Rexil. What has been going on behind those closed doors?
CT: We have been debating the situation amongst ourselves since the colony first went dark. Not a single decision we have made has come easily nor been taken lightly. We are constantly thinking about the well-being of the colonists and all parties involved.
TR: And yet, we have hundreds of colonists M.I.A. as well as hundreds of rescue crews missing as well.
CT: Unfortunate outcomes to an unprecidented situation. We've had colonies go dark before, but never has a Mass Relay simply stopped operating. That alone is cause for concern.
TR: Is that why the Council went ahead with the bombardment operation?
CT: The short answer is yes. We have done all we can to keep this as a last resort. We have exhausted all options, including multiple rescue operations, sending the Zermic (one of our best ships and with a crew with all intel available), as well as sending our own Agents to investigate. Not only have we not had any progress with all of these options, we have lost all communication with each of them.
TR: So, is it fair to say that the Council is operating out of fear at this point? As many have accused you of.
CT: Anyone that says they are not concerned or afraid of what is happening around the Unity Relay is kidding themselves and lying to everyone else. This is an extremely serious matter and we are making each step lightly.
TR: Currently, the bombing fleets are on stand-by just outside of the area. How long is the Council willing to keep them there and are there any concerns that they too may fall victim.
CT: The fleets have been unable to confirm what has happened to the system, so yes there is some concern. We still have no idea what we're up against. I can't comment on the duration of the operation.
TR: I see. Councilor, one last question. With all of this said, I still have to agree with the people. Isn't the Council acting pre-maturely with this operation? Isn't possible this a natural phenomenon that could be causing the failures in the region? In which case, the fleets (and therefore the Council) would be killing thousands of citizens that are simply trapped by our own reliance on technology.
Councilor Rekou: I think that is enough. This interview is over.

It seems that Head Councilor Rekou was not willing to let the most difficult question on everyone's mind be answered. Which leads the interview to have far more questions than answers. I promise that this will not be the last we hear about Rexil and any knowledge the Council has of the situation. This is Terina Raghi-lo for Alliance News, signing off.
Back to top Go down
Azena

Azena

PostSubject: Rexil Colonist Fund -- "About Us"   United Galactic Alliance News EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 4:10 pm

The recent situation on Rexil has caused a great deal of worry for the families of the residents that have disappeared. They have lost faith in the Council to deal with the situation and are turning to private ship crews for assistance. However, due to the dangers revolving around the area, the cost of hiring these crews is out of reach for these simple people looking for loved ones.

Together we must raise the money so that we can see our friends and family again. We are hoping to reach our goal of 5,000,000 credits to hire a crew. Anything above that will go towards hiring another crew and another until the people of Rexil are safe. Please, any donation will help. Ship captains may also volunteer their crew and services for the expedition, for a small fee so we can procure everything needed for your support.

Do the right thing and help us. You would want others to help you!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System Warning: Site has been flagged for spam/fraud/illegal activities. Credit transfers frozen.
Credit Transfer System: Offline.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: United Galactic Alliance News   United Galactic Alliance News Empty

Back to top Go down

United Galactic Alliance News
Page 1 of 1