Neo's RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Neo's RP

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Glossary

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

Quote : My dreams are higher than the fucking sky!

Glossary Empty
PostSubject: Glossary   Glossary EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 1:01 am

Episode One: Going Digital

The introductory video comes from Serial Experiments Lain which was featured at the start of every episode.

The title is taken from the song title "I'm Going Digital" by Jasan Radford from the soundtrack of Digimon: The Movie.

The apparitions were meant to be reminiscent of the Digimon that appeared in the Material World in episode twenty of Digimon Adventure "Home Away from Home/Koromon, the Great Clash in Tokyo" with the Hyogamon that was actually visible to everyone and wreaking havoc on the city being a stand in for Ogremon.

Episode Two: The Point of Absolute Zero

Opening video "Butterfly" is the opening theme from the Japanese dub of Digimon Adventure performed by Kōji Wada.

The whopping two Fire attributed Digimon feeling ill comes from the effect Freezeland has on such Digimon in the Digimon World game.

The pitifully small snowman is a throwback to the original Digimon: Data Distortion where the character Tae Harvey decided to make a snowman for some obscure reason.

The tracks they followed to the cave were also left behind by the cast of the original D3.

Inside the cave was the remains of a campfire and an apple core also left by the original cast. The apple nearly getting Tae's face eaten.

The beach is Naked Beach as called in Digimon World and unnamed in Digimon Adventure when the DigiDestined wound up there in episode two "The Birth of Greymon/Explosive Evolution! Greymon" and later in episode forty-one "Sea-Sick and Tired/The Hardened King of the Seas! MetalSeadramon."

Would've been a much more appropriate location for Euryale & Taiyo's first time, but I goofed on the geography.

The symbol Hibiki's body was impossibly contorted into comes from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Lovecraftian bestiary.

The Coronamon & Betamon found on page thirty-eight belonged to Jin something or other no one remembers Paul's character or Paul and Tsune who even in BDM will never be united with her Cyber Syphilis infected partner.

The BlackAgumon & BlackGabumon seen on page thirty-nine belonged to Euryale & Taiyo respectively from the original D3.

"Ye light fayles, ye shadows gather. There is no god but evil; no lite but darkness; no hope but doom." spoken by IceDevimon before its transformation and later written on a card in Episode Eight comes from Robert E. Howard's "Dig Me No Grave."

The shooting star was the Digimental of Reliability going to Hitomi's D-Terminal as opposed to her Digivice like in the original.

Episode Three: Beneath the Deep

Opening video is the Tamers opening theme from the Japanese dub.

The DigiCode Hitomi sees prior to falling asleep translates to "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn." which means "In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming".

The image was taken from episode thirteen of Digimon Adventure 02 "His Master's Voice/The Call of Dagomon." It would be the first of three images from that episode to be used.

"Zurr En Arrh," the words spoken by Myotismon to free its Devidramon from their trance come from Grant Morrison's Batman having been used as part of a mental attack on Batman.

SkullGreymon appearing in the Grey Lord's Manor alludes to the SkullGreymon fought as a boss in Digimon World where it dwells in the basement laboratory of the manor.

Myotismon uploading a virus to SkullGreymon in the event it was defeated and its data loaded comes from Piedmon doing the same thing to its minions in the Digimon fanfic "Tamers Forever."

"Where the bad folks go when they die," spoken by Zarek on page twenty-seven comes from the song "Lake of Fire" by the Meat Puppets.

The Misty Trees being referred to as The Dark Wood of Error (and any other time I have referred to a forest as such) comes from an Alesana song by the same name.

Magnamon being referred to as the Magna of Miracles comes from the manga Digimon: D-Cyber.

Sorcerymon's musings about the elements granted to the Celestials on page thirty-five refers to the Digi-Spirit things possessed by the Celestials in Digimon Frontier.

MarineDevimon, the Marine Devil is pretty much as described in V-Tamers 01, title and all.

"Beneath the world where the soulless dwell. A place that the damned call home. A place where the virtuous hide in fear. A place we see only in our nightmares. A place where the sun is silent." first said by Dark!Hitomi on page forty and repeated multiple times in Episode Five comes from the closing lines in Alesana's "And Now for the Final Illusion."

Hitomi's line about man fearing the darkness and carving away at it with fire is spoken by Rei Ayanami in episode eleven "In the Still Darkness/The Day Tokyo-3 Stood Still" of Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Episode Four: Moment, Heart, Together

Opening video is "Brave Heart", the Digivolution theme from the Japanese dub of Digimon Adventure.

The arc title comes from episode nine of Neon Genesis Evangelion "Moment, Heart, Together/Both of You, Dance Like You Want to Win!"

Acquiring the Digimental of Hope from MarineDevimon occurred like in the original.

Shouldn't have to explain who or what the Daemon Corps that LadyDevimon mentioned.

Episode Five: The Call

The opening video is the Overdell Cemetery theme from Digimon World.

The arc title comes from the title of H.P Lovecraft's "The Call of Cthulhu" as well being more closely related to a Digimon fanfic of the same name.

The form the Shademon took when conversing with Eve is based off of Nene!Shademon from the Digimon Xros Wars manga.

The black obelisks are pretty much the Dark Spires from Digimon Adventure 02.

Throughout the arc starting with the last line in episode four the Five Basic Colors in Taoism are frequently alluded to.

The term "Failures of Infinity" is taken from Evangelion 3.33: You Can (Not) Redo.

The Tsuchidarumon symbolized the Three Wise Monkeys. Targetmon would've made more sense being a primate, but given the location being akin to a nuclear wasteland, Mutant-type Digimon like Tsuchidarumon made more sense from a location standpoint.

The Greek letters present during Eve's segment translate to "Know Thyself" or "Discover Thyself."

The lighthouse acts as a stand in for The Tower in tarot. Would've liked to incorporate more tarot motifs, but one can look at four sources about tarot symbolism and each one will say something different.

The Porcupamon on page five saying."Hope dies last," and "Dreams die first," is something I saw on a YouTube comment for a Hopes Die Last video.

The words spoken by the Wendigomon on the same page were taken from the first Digimon Adventure 02 movie "Digimon Hurricane Landing!!/Transcendent Evolution!! The Golden Digimentals."

The line "Gunfire builds close relations," spoken by Azuma on page six comes from a novel in Stephen King's Dark Tower series. I believe it was "Wizard And Glass."

Another line spoken by Azuma on the same page "This is me at my darkest," comes from the opening line in As Cities Burn "Love Jealous One, Love."

Episode Six: Absolute Territory

Opening video is Watashinokoko's "Complex."

Arc title comes from the concept of the A.T Field from Neon Genesis Evangelion as well as the English translation for Zettai Ryouiki.

On page three the last time LadyDevimon mentions refers to Hitomi in the original who didn't scream during her session with LadyDevimon.

The words "Anger is a gift," spoken by Daemon on the third page is a quote from Aristotle that were also used in Rage Against the Machine's "Freedom," which is where I had first heard the quote.

On page five, the words spoken by LadyDevimon in the first post come from "Colossus: The Forbin Project."

On page six, Zarek concludes a lecture with the words "Find your light in a new dawn." This line comes from Crown the Empire's "Memories of A Broken Heart." The first of likely many references to that band.

Eve's several page long introspective piece was heavily inspired by such scenes from Neon Genesis Evangelion starting with Shinji being absorbed by Leiliel to Asuka's Mind Rape to both the televised and theatrical ending.

"You can escape anything, even the punishing hand of the Inquisitor...but you can't escape yourself." the line DarkKnightmon recites before its death on page eight comes from the Russian Survival Horror "Pathologic."

Lilithmon's words to Taiyo on page ten "How can you see with all that lust in your eyes?" comes from the title of a For All Those Sleeping song.

"Alone we may be lost, but together we stand tall,' spoken by Azuma on page eleven comes from the For All Those Sleeping song "Follow My Voice."

The angel shaped scorch mark left on the ground after LadyDevimon's death on page eleven is meant to allude to "Supernatural" where angels in earlier seasons left enormous scorch marks in the rare instance they were slain.

This arc wasn't meant to end how it did. LadyDevimon and MetalPhantomon were to be defeated in the seventh arc that would've been called In the Still Darkness, but I was unsure of where to end it, so I scrapped it.

Episode Seven: Our War Game

Opening video is "Let's Kick It Up" by Paul Gordon from the Digimon: The Movie soundtrack.

Arc title and most of the arc is based heavily on the second Digimon Adventure movie "Our War Game."

Tsumemon's line "Can you count backwards from ten?" is a direct quote from the movie.

Diaboromon is exceptionally fond of the word 'Hello' much like its movie counterpart.

For a brief moment at the end of page six, Taiyo channeled Ruki Mikano/Rika Nonaka.

The cast get their first chance to be Genre Savvy by attacking a Digimon in the middle of Digivolving in the same manner Gulfmon was defeated in the first Digimon Tamers movie "Battle for Adventure."

Episode Eight: Home

Opening video is the same from the first arc.

The line "What a fart-blasting scrotum this guy is," said to Roatha on page three comes from the obscure ero-game "Divi-Dead." The line likely a result of Blind Idiot Translation.

Kentaro's line "Never let life kill your spark," said on page five comes from Crown the Empire's "The One You Feed."

The answer to the mystery of how Armageddemon and any other Digimon they have felled since then is they all died like Wizardmon. Outside of the Digital World. There's probably a Jokermon haunting a television station at this point.

The line 'DEVIL WENT THROUGH HERE' written in the card Cameron & Kylie got on page twelve comes from the Horror game "Downfall."

On page sixteen, I decided to recite lines from Green Day's "Boulevard of Broken Dreams," but couldn't remember squat. Although post-Dookie Green Day is awful anyways.

I See Stars "End of the World Party." Originally I was going to use Attack Attack's "Stick Stickly" as the opening track because the idea of KingEtemon running in spot, practically kicking itself in the ass while the Etemon on bass & guitar being hunkered down like crabs while they play seemed hilarious. But this track was more appropriate as it's an introductory track as well the end of the world so to speak is the overall goal.

Capture the Crown's "You Call That A Knife? This is a Knife!" as a means of taunting Euryale as Neon gets quite salty if her promiscuity is ever called into question. This time around, taking it a bit further.

Nirvana's "You Know You're Right." Taiyo isn't feeling hopeful at all about Aroma reconsidering Euryale & Her's proposal and another time Taiyo was turned down by a love interest she distanced herself from them.

Once spent a better part of four years listening to this track more times than likely considered healthy due to similar reasons.

The use of Attack Attack's "Interlude" was merely filler. Rather than one song over a series of posts, I've been doing one song per post. Throwing in an interlude meant there'd be music playing in universe while KingEtemon dropkicked WarGrowlmon.

Crown the Empire's "Voices" should one have read the lyrics foreshadows its demise while demonstrating an unwillingness to.

The line "Okay, time for Plan B. This means war!" spoken before the Yatagaramon attack comes from Enter Shikari's "Time For Plan B."

Picture Me Broken's "Dearest, I'm So Sorry." I want to see if you people can figure out why I chose this track.

Devo's "Whip It." I'm not gonna get bored with bringing up LadyDevimon's treatment of Kylie for awhile. One could look at the lyrics and interpret them as her being told to move on.

The Smashing Pumpkins "Bullet With Butterfly Wings" being dedicated to someone who's been quite gloomy and at least angry at themself for things they believe cannot be changed on top of the cast being rats in a cage in a manner of speaking came off as quite fitting.

And much like Attack Attack's "Interlude," Rings of Saturn's "Utopia" is just another filler piece for the sake of their being a performance still going on in-universe.

I See Stars "Filth Friends Unite." Lovely choice for a final track. Spreading out the vocals this time around as having the entire track in one post won't exactly make a whole lot of sense with how it'll end not that anyone will actually listen to the track in its entirety to guess how that'll go.

Episode Nine: The Beast

Arc title is taken from episode two of Neon Genesis Evangelion "Unfamiliar Ceiling/The Beast."

Opening video is "The Beast" composed by Shiro Sagisu and is used in that same episode.

Piedmon's observation and conversation with the Dark Masters comes from episode forty of Digimon Adventure "Enter the Dark Masters/The Four Divine Generals of the Devil's Mountain! The Dark Masters" although the mention of Spiral Mountain was removed and the DigiDestined changed to Chosen Children.

Another throwback to the original D3. The corrupted Last Knight being BlackOmnimon which had defeated MetalSeadramon.

"Save your prayers for when we're really gonna need'em," spoken introvertedly by Azuma comes from Smashing Pumpkins "Zero."

Dark!Azuma's line "I've seen your future and it's not too bright," comes from I See Stars "Big Bad Wolf." Speaking in song lyrics is an incredibly common thing in this work apparently.

Two more lines spoken by Dark!Azuma, " You have dug your own grave, now lay the fuck down. Your name's a bitter taste in my mouth." comes from Tear Out the Heart's "Infamous Last Words," and the line " No mistakes, only choices. No regrets, only voices." comes from "Undead Anthem" by the same band.

Azuma's introspective line "For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in Blackest Night," while Patamon Armor Digivolved is taken from the Violet Lantern's oath. His other line "In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite. When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright," is the entirety of the Blue Lantern oath.

The exchange between Azuma & Hitomi as Nefertimom flies away from the pyramid is mostly taken from an exchange between Reid & Prentiss in the Criminal Minds episode "Sense Memory." Although Reid said "Aw, thanks. I don't know how to be anyone else."

The mushrooms are the ones from episode twenty-two of Digimon Adventure "Forget About It!/The Whispering Small Devil, PicoDevimon!" that result in memory loss.

Gallantmon's title "Duke of Courage" comes from the one-shot Digimon manga "D-Cyber."

The appearance of a Mega-level having an affect on the Digital World comes from V-Tamers when UlForceVeedramon first appeared, kicking up a storm that was felt in a town half a continent away or so by Jijimon.

"Never send a Rookie to do a Mega's work!" spoken introspectively by MetalSeadramon comes from the first episode of its arc in Digimon Adventure "Sea-Sick and Tired/The Hardened King of the Seas! MetalSeadramon."

MetalSeadramon's referring to itself as the Hardened Metal King of the Sea comes from the Japanese title for episode forty-one. Its boast "I rule this ocean with an iron hand, an iron tail, and an iron everything for that matter," comes from episode forty                              -two "Under Pressure/Silent Whamon on the Bottom of the Sea"

"This is my moment to shine! ...Does my hair look all right?" MetalSeadramon showing a vain side to its personality is yet another quotation from episode forty-two of Digimon Adventure.

Besides Chosen Children being used rather than DigiDestined, MetalSeadramon's line "Farewell, Chosen Children! It was a rare pleasure knowing you....medium rare!" comes from episode fourty-one of Digimon Adventure.

Episode Ten: Play Time

Opening video is "Haguruma Jikake no Mori~Pinocchimon no Theme~" or "The Forest with Gear Mechanisms ~Pinocchimon's Theme~ or "The Gear-trapped Forest," performed by Etsuko Kozakura, Puppetmon's voice actor in the Japanese dub. Puppetmon is one of the few villains to have a theme (the others being Devimon and Etemon) as well as the only Dark Master to have one.

Not a pop culture reference perse, but the mist being produced by Cherrymon causes symptoms similar to LSD.

The line "White and yellow, kill a fellow. Purple and blue, good for you," comes from an awful Lifetime movie "Blue Lagoon: The Awakening." The 2012 remake of a remake of a...likely another remake.

The Lunamon and Coronamon kitties come from the Digimon Xros Wars manga. As does UlForceVeedramon being blind albeit for reasons different than the miasma from Tactimon's sword.

The line spoken by the illusory Euryale & Taiyo is paraphrased from a line spoken in episode twenty of Neon Genesis Evangelion "Form of The Mind Form of The Man/ Weaving a Story 2: Oral Stage." The original line being "Tell me Shinji, do you want to become one with me? To be of one mind and body? It could be very, very nice. Ask me anytime, I'm ready."

The Have You Seen Me? posters allude to the season three episode six of Criminal Minds "About Face," in which the unsubs victims found posters showing their faces with those words on them before disappearing to be murdered.

Karatenmon's line "Empty words from empty heads," comes from the song "Empty Words" by Stick To Your Guns.

Taiyo and Renamon's Friend To All Living Things moment comes from the same experience shared by Rika/Ruki in episode thirty-nine of Digimon Tamers "Song of Sakuyamon/Whirling Ultimate Flower! Sakuyamon Evolves."

Renamon's line to Euryale on page fifteen comes from episode thirty-nine of Digimon Tamers although saying Euryale instead of Rika. The original line being "We cannot alter the past Rika, but we can choose to accept it and let it make us stronger."

And on the same page, I once again quote a Crown the Empire song and again it is "The One You Feed."

The image of Puppetmon that appeared on page nineteen alludes to a similar image from "Jurrassic Park" when Mr. Arnold attempts to access Denis Nedry's computer after shit hits the fan.

Cutemon & Chuumon's dialogue come from "American McGee's Alice." Cutemon standing in for the March Hare & Chuumon for Dormouse.

Original dialogue as follows:

HARE: Dormy, wake up.  Someone's come to release us.
DORMOUSE: It's just a human.  Probably useless.
HARE: Undo us, please, from this contraption.
DORMOUSE: Or you can give us tea, if you prefer.

Episode Eleven: War

Introductory video is the Machinedramon battle theme from Digimon World.

Machinedramon's opening statement is a call back to the previous D3 that died part way through the Machinedramon arc. Expect a few more call backs.

The posters on the Arche de Triomph allude to the billboards scattered around Arkham City that read the same thing albeit no mention of TYGER.

HiAndromon's email address alludes to Andromon's email address in the Digimon Adventure novelization. Although I don't remember if it was .net or .com.

The words spoken over the city's PA system addressing the city's citizens comees from Crown the Empire's "Call to Arms (Act I)."

The first two posters "Could You Spot A Consporator?" and "Your nation. Your Sacrifice." come from posters visible throughout the video for Attack Attack's "The Wretched."

Other posters from that music video include "Your silence. Our strength." "Unity. The people's strength." "Is Your Nation Strong?"

The Black Gears present inside the Commandramon & Sealsdramon are those that appeared in Digimon Adventure although they're more like the Dark Rings/Spirals used by the Digimon Kaiser in Adventure 02.

The out of place house is the final home of H.P Lovecraft from May 1933 to March 1937.

The skeletons in the upstairs room of the house belong to the cast of the original D3. Some liberties were taken as no one can remember the color of Euryale & Tsune's Digivice or the appearance of Allina & Razz.

The announcement given by Machinedramon on page three is a line from "Collossus: The Forbin Project."

Protocol 10 comes from "Batman: Arkham City," initially being a big mystery and part of why Batmam is in Arkham City. The end result is a swarm of TYGER choppers fire bomb the titular prison.

The broadcast "Cut down the tall trees," was the Hutu slogan broadcasted by Rwandan radio station Radio Télévision Libre des Mille Collines, playing a part in inciting the Rwandan Genocide.

The code word "Elimin-8," comes from Machinedramon's scorched earth strategy employed in episode forty-eight "My Sister's Keeper/Bombing Mission! Mugendramon!"

The line "The powers that be will get to us in the end," comes from Raymond Briggs 1982 comic "Where the Wind Blows."

Commandramon's identifying itself comes from the season nine episode of Criminal Minds "The Return." The original quote being "My name is Daniel James Morrison. I'm a soldier. 53699."

The poster with the words "War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength," comes from George Orwell's "1984."

Machinedramon's line "We are coming for you. Run, and we will catch you. Hide, and we will find you. No matter what you do, you are all going to die," comes from an audio tape found in "Fallout: New Vegas," the full line being "This is a message to the NCR from the Legion. We are coming for you. Run, and we will catch you. Hide, and we will find you. No matter what you do, you are all going to die. We took one of the women alive."

The Bo-1170 on the cryostasis chamber is the number on the first Darkdramon Digimon trading card.

The line "We do not merely destroy our enemies; we change them," is another reference to George Orwell's "1984."

Also not a pop culture reference, but the symbols seen on the way to the factory generator room were all symbols for measuring electricity. Watts, amps, volts, joules, and ohms.

The same Greek that was used earlier meaning Know Thyself/Discover Thyself being on the outside of a room where electricity is used to a greater degree than elsewhere alludes to the electroshock treatment room Maxie Zeus hung around in in Grant Morrison's "Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth," which the Thunderballmon's dialogue was based off of including a direct quote.

The password HiAndrmon used to enter the command center Bo-55 is the number printed on the first Machinedramon trading card.

The line "If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose," is a line from Sun Tzu's "The Art of War."

Machinedramon's voiceover "If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face — forever," comes from George Orwell's "1984."

And Machinedramon's statement at the end of the video, "He sees nothing but what the party wants him to see, says nothing but what the party wants him to say, and he does no more than the party wants him to do," comes from the 1943 wartime cartoon "Education for Death."

The passwords for the various files come from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] which pertains to the unsolved Taman Shud Case.

Password for Royal Knight Data: WRGOABABD
Password for VR Data: MLIADL (is unable to be opened)
Password for Raijin Data: WTBIMPANETP
Password for D-Brigade Data: MLIABOAIAQC
Password for Crack Team Data: TTMTSAMSTGAB

The password Bo-300 HiAndromon gives the cast to access the generator room comes from the number on the first Magnamon Digimon card.

HiAndromon's line about vengenace comes from "Andromon will exact his vengeance!" said by Andromon in the English dub of Digimon Adventure episode five "Kabuterimon's Electro Shocker!/Electric Shock! Kabuterimon!"

Machinedramon's line "Oh good, just what I was looking for. Victims!" comes from episode forty-nine "The Crest of Light/Goodbye Numemon."

The exchange: "How does one man assert his power over another?"

"By making him suffer."

"Exactly. By making him suffer. Obedience is not enough. Unless he is suffering, how can you be sure that he is obeying your will and not his own? Power is in inflicting pain and humiliation. Power is in tearing human minds to pieces and putting them together again in new shapes of your own choosing. Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating?

A world of fear and treachery is torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but MORE merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress towards more pain. The old civilizations claimed that they were founded on love or justice. Ours is founded upon hatred. In our world there will be no emotions except fear, rage, triumph, and self-abasement. Everything else we shall destroy – everything."

Comes from George Orwell's "1984."

Episode Twelve: The Man Who Laughs

Introductory video is "Walking Into Darkness" by Mindustries which I decided to use instead of "The Nightmare Begins."

Arc title comes from the 1928 movie of the same name.

The line from the Wendigomon once again comes from "Digimon Hurricane Landing!!/Transcendent Evolution!! The Golden Digimentals."

The opening statement of Jokermon's monologue comes from the Alesana song "Curse of the Virgin Canvas," the original dialogue being:

"I am here to tell you a story.
A story that will torture your thoughts by day and poison your dreams by night.
And though I will do my best, there are no words
That can be written nor brush strokes laid on canvas
That can describe the stark and utter horror of the night that Annabel died.
The emptiness will haunt you."

Piedmon's "Life is but a walking shadow," line comes from act five, scene five of "Macbeth," omitting the "Told by an idiot," part.

Piedmon's lines before departing come from the song "Tomorrow," from the 1982 version of "Annie." May have been present in the 2014 version, but I never saw it nor do I plan to.

The line "Darkness comes out anytime here," comes from Lars Von Trier's "Antichrist." That line of dialogue also being sampled in the song posted in the opening post.

The rocks found outside the cave allude to a scene in "The Blair Witch Project," where the group found odd piles of rocks outside their tent. The in-universe child murderer Rustin Parr marked the graves of his victims with rock piles. Slightly more elaborate here as the piles represent each group and where they are in the cave.

The HAHA HAHA being scattered about the cave alludes to the director's cut version of "Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker."

The word "zugzwang" is a chess term of German origin as well as an Arc Word during season eight of "Criminal Minds," as well as the title of the twelfth episode of that season.

The words "House of the Screaming Child," written on the sign a Jokermon was holding refers to a 1975 Giallo film "Deep Red."

The screech heard by the cast was a soundclip of an alerted Feral Ghoul from "Fallout 3."

The blue mist is another reference to "Fallout 3," being the psychiatric drugs pumped into the ventilation system in Vault 106.

SkullSatamon's line "This is me. This is where I live. I will not allow violence against this house," comes from the 1971 "Straw Dogs."

Episode Thirteen: Last Laugh

Introductory video is Hamunaptra's "Stalked By Death.

Title comes from a 2001 Joker centric comic of the same name.

Quotation spoken by the voices comes from a "Game of Thrones" episode. Not idea which one as I had first heard that speech from Ophidian's "The Realm," and never watched "Games of Thrones."

The first of many allusions this arc will have starts with the maze, the camera, and the fountain. It's all one big allusion to the Batman storyline "Court of the Owls," with the Owlmon being a stand-in for a regular owl. The pictures being taken will come to light in due time.

Piedmon's? Appearance comes from the Joker's appearance near the end of the "Death of the Family" storyline, the appearance he took on earlier in that storyline will sure to be referenced later in the arc. The song being sung was Roy Brown's 1950 piece "Butcher Pete."

The words "What's your favorite scary movie?" That Cameron sees is the tagline for the "Scream" franchise.

The words "YoU'D DO BetTEr StAYiNg PUt..." that Roatha sees comes from "Penumbra: Black Plague."

The Piedmon-looking thing that Azuma sees is based off the Joker's appearance as he was shown during most of the "Death of the Family," storyline. The line "You won't get away from me! I'll kill you sooner or later!" Was spoken by the killer is the Italian Horror "Deep Red," which had been referenced in the previous arc.

And another "Court of the Owls," reference is the images Azuma sees (and the others will see) of himself, gradually decaying.

Cameron's every looks and tastes blue experience is once again the same "Fallout 3" reference I made in the previous arc. I said it wouldn't be the last time they experienced that stuff.

Taiyo's experience with the words "When darkness doesn't equal safety, it equals madness," being spoken with the words "Stay alive," and "Suffer the trial," appearing refers to "Amnesia: Justine."

The words "Do you know what the scariest thing is? To not know your place in this world, to not know why you're here. That's - that's just an awful feeling," spoken by Mime!Azuma come from Samuel L. Jackson's character Elijah Price from the 2000 film "Unbreakable."

The Scenery Gorn depicted after Gallantmon was dropped through the floor is based off of the Otherworld featured in the "Silent Hill," franchise.

The dialogue "Keep it up, you're almost there....wherever 'there' may be....probably nowhere," spoken by the Piedmon-looking thing comes from the "Fallout 3" DLC "Point Lookout," found on the base of a fake endurance bobblehead while the Lone Wanderer is hallucinating.

The Piedmon-looking thing that spoke directly to Roatha, referring to him as a boy blunder and offering to brain him with a crowbar refers to the character Robin who has likely been referred as the Boy Blunder at least once during any of their careers although only Jason Todd was ever beaten to death with a crowbar.

The dialogue "This doesn't look right, not at all," spoken to Taiyo by the Piedmon-looking thing above her again comes from the "Point Lookout," DLC. This time from a fake perception bobblehead.

Azuma's line to Dagomon is based off of Batman's line to Bane in "Arkham Asylum," prior to Batman calling the Batmobile to crash into Bane.

The line "My love is winter. My love is lost," comes from the Smashing Pumpkins song "My Love Is Winter."

The posters Cameron sees are based off of posters from the "Fallout" games. Specifically the third numbered installment and the fourth installment. The first poster, "Coruage Today. Victory Tomorrow," is based off of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] poster while the other two, "What I know..." is based off of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] poster which in turn is based off of a British WWII propaganda poster. And lastly the "This is your friend," poster is based off of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] poster which is based off of a American WWII propaganda poster.

The Not!Euryale referring to Taiyo as "Kitty Cat," is a throwback to the original D3 where Euryale gave Taiyo that nickname. The origin of when and how being known only to myself and Neon.

The dialogue "Behind this doorway, lies the terrifying and unspeakable secrets of Hell. No one who sees it, lives to describe it. And you shall live in darkness for all eternity," spoken by a disembodied voice comes from a poster of the Italian horror "Deep Red."

Piedmon's spell “Tlön, Uqbar, Orbis Tertius!" Comes from the "Digimon Adventure," novelization when Vamdemon opens the door to the Material World in Vamdemon chapter 5.5 OPERATION INVADE THE REAL WORLD.

The words spoken by the Mirror!Rosemon come from Alesana's "Curse of the Virgin Canvas." Where the first lines of that song appeared in the previous arc, the last lines appear in this arc.

The words that appeared on the mirror refers to the video for Watashinokoko's "Like You."

The words spoken by Machinedramon over the television come from a speech given by Mutank in "Tiny Tank," the word humans having been replaced with organic life.

The words spoken by the Sealsdramon come from Aim For the Sunrise "Rebirth."

The Greek or whatever girl encountering a minotaur in a maze? That can't possibly refer to the "Labyrinth of Crete."

The words "In Heaven, everything's fine," pertains to the Lady In the Radiator from the 1977 film "Eraserhead."

The words "Ideas are more powerful than guns. If we would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas," spoken by Machinedramon is a Joseph Stalin quote.

Piedmon's dialogue on the balcony:

Which roughly translates to:

Comes from "The Divine Comedy," when Dante is entering the forest at the edge of Purgatory known as The Dark Wood of Error demonstrating that my repeated use of the title was going somewhere.

The concept of VR Digimon comes from the Wonderswan game "Digimon Tamers: Brave Tamers."

The words "The depths of a man's soul can not be measured in a manor of meters and fathoms; but rather, it is in my opinion, only quantified by his proximity to Heaven and Hell," spoken by Mime!Roatha comes from the Alesana song "A Lunatic's Lament."

The use of ivy during Roatha's segment is due to ivy being a symbol of friendship.

The orchard made of broken portraits refers to the Abandon All Ships song "Ahmed," while the family goretrait refers to the song "Family Goretrait," from the same band.

The ambient music that played in the orchard was the ambient version of "Begin Again," from "Fallout: New Vegas - Dead Money."

When Piedmon becomes ChaosPiedmon, he paraphrases J. Robert Oppenheimer's quote "A few people laughed. A few people cried Most people were silent. We knew the world would not be the same. Now I have become death, the destroyer of worlds."

The first part of the ChaosPiedmon fight was based off the fight with Ra's Al Ghul in "Batman: Arkham City."

Piedmon's last words was a quotation from Lewis Carol's "Alice in Wonderland."

Allusions that did not get used include the line "Don't trust the tap water," which would have been said by a disembodied voice should someone drink from the fountain which no one did comes from the Silent Hill PT.

At some point, Roatha was to come across an impossibly tall staircase with a Frogmon (Hopping Purity) that says "This is the Stairway to Heaven," which references to the Cowboy Bebop episode Mushroom Samba. I went with him as he would have been among the last if not last to leave the maze, but that didn't go as desired.

Episode Fourteen: Rain, After the Escape/Data Distortion

Title comes from episode four of "Neon Genesis Evangelion," "Rain, After the Escape/Hedgehog's Dilemma." And this works subtitle. Was meant to be two separate arcs, but I couldn't come up with a way to conclude the fourteenth arc, so the two are one.

Video is Kaki King's "So Much For So Little."

The yellow brick road of course alludes to "The Wizard of Oz."

Episode Fifteen: The Value of a Miracle Is...

Song in the OP is "The Wrath of God In All Its Fury," from the soundtrack "Evangelion 3.33: You Can (Not) Redo," composed by Shiro Sagisu. Initially I was going to use the instrumental version of Alesana's "And Now For the Final Illusion."

Arc title comes from episode twelve of "Neon Genesis Evangelion" "The Value of a Miracle Is.../She said, "Don't Make Others Suffer For Your Personal Hatred."

Millenniummon's opening dialogue comes from "Jade Empire," which I never played having only heard the line sampled in Ruffneck & Enzyme X's "Ghosts Nor Gods."

Millenniummmon's line before using Time Distortion on Gallantmon Crimson Mode, "It would have been quick, but now, I'm gonna make you suffer!" comes from "Prototype." I don't know what that is, but it was sampled in AK-Industry & Billy S. "Monster."

Song for Alphamon's appearance is "It Will Mean Victory," from the soundtrack "Evangelion 3.33: You Can (Not) Redo," composed by Shiro Sagisu. Intended on having the scene occur at the start of the second page, but we can't always get what we want.

Millenniummon saying "This world is mine," is because I've envisioned it sounding like Darkseid as voiced by Steve Blum in "Justice League: War."

Final song is "Standing the Pain," from the Tales of Symphonia OST.

The human appearance of ENIAC is Norn from the manga "Digimon Next," not that I'm referring to her as such I just liked her bound appearance.

The line "A Luta Continua..." was used at the end of "The Silence of the Lambs," being Portuguese for "The struggle continues."

Last edited by HarleyThomas on Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:48 am; edited 80 times in total

HarleyThomas likes this post

Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Unyielding Force of Thoroughbred Penis
Neo Bahamut

Glossary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glossary   Glossary EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 9:23 am

Because it's not a reference until you have to explain it.
Back to top Go down
https://neon.rpg-board.net
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

Glossary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glossary   Glossary EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 7:38 pm

Not my fault if you philistines don't pick up on it.

Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

Glossary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glossary   Glossary EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 2:08 am

I'm saying that explaining it defeats the whole purpose of a reference. Also, not our fault that you referenced things the videogames, which few people have even heard of, let alone played.
Back to top Go down
https://neon.rpg-board.net
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

Glossary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glossary   Glossary EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 11:14 pm

No one can accuse me of having a Small Reference Pool.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Glossary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glossary   Glossary Empty

Back to top Go down

Glossary
Page 1 of 1