Neo's RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Neo's RP

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Checking this out

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TheBleachDoctor

TheBleachDoctor

Checking this out Empty
PostSubject: Checking this out   Checking this out EmptyMon May 12, 2014 5:03 pm

Hey. This seems like an interesting forum. Some of the old BF crowd is here... BF is back up, but I'm doubtful about the possibility of their RPG section being revived...

So, hey, I recognize some old faces here. Tsukoyomi?
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Unyielding Force of Thoroughbred Penis
Neo Bahamut

Checking this out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking this out   Checking this out EmptyMon May 12, 2014 5:38 pm

No way, I thought that place was dead & gone forever. Did you all have to re-register?
Back to top Go down
https://neon.rpg-board.net
TheBleachDoctor

TheBleachDoctor

Checking this out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking this out   Checking this out EmptyMon May 12, 2014 8:20 pm

No, it got restored from the backup. A lot of the old members, like Bacon, have been trickling back, testing the waters to see if the forum will really revive or not. We've been having great fun necroing threads from 2011, haha.

Turns out a few months after it went down, the Halcyon Days crowd set themselves up again on another forum using the old backup data. They just got BF running again.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

Checking this out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking this out   Checking this out EmptyMon May 12, 2014 9:03 pm

Then it's quite possible that I was on the wrong site, as I did not appear in the member list.

That makes sense. Frankly, they were bigger than the rest of the forum combined.
Back to top Go down
TheBleachDoctor

TheBleachDoctor

Checking this out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking this out   Checking this out EmptyMon May 12, 2014 9:15 pm

Well, you might not have appeared on the member's list because, well, you're still banned.

The user "Neo Bahamut" is still on the ban list.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

Checking this out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking this out   Checking this out EmptyMon May 12, 2014 9:27 pm

I'd think I would still show up. Also, I couldn't log in, & usually when you're banned, you just log into a screen that tells you that you're banned. ByakuyaMayuri shows up in searches. I don't know how anyone else's names were spelled.
Back to top Go down
TheBleachDoctor

TheBleachDoctor

Checking this out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking this out   Checking this out EmptyMon May 12, 2014 9:56 pm

Well that's odd. You should be on the member's list, then. Huh.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

Checking this out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking this out   Checking this out EmptyMon May 12, 2014 10:03 pm

I'm still not even sure if I was on the right website. Not that it matters much, as I don't have a reason to come back until some wiseass tempts fate again.
Back to top Go down
Tsukuyomi

Tsukuyomi

Quote : I screwed myself with a screwdriver in the thumb.

Checking this out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking this out   Checking this out EmptyMon May 12, 2014 10:08 pm

TheBleachDoctor wrote:
So, hey, I recognize some old faces here. Tsukoyomi?
Hello dude, I never thought I would see you again! How have you been all this time?

TheBleachDoctor wrote:
No, it got restored from the backup. A lot of the old members, like Bacon, have been trickling back, testing the waters to see if the forum will really revive or not. We've been having great fun necroing threads from 2011, haha.
Is the Misty Moon Inn there? I need to go through it and get all the posts I made for my character. Got a 46 pages word document containing some of it and would like to complete it.
Back to top Go down
TheBleachDoctor

TheBleachDoctor

Checking this out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking this out   Checking this out EmptyMon May 12, 2014 10:29 pm

Tsukuyomi wrote:

Hello dude, I never thought I would see you again! How have you been all this time?
I've been doing pretty good. I'm in college now, so that's a thing.
Tsukuyomi wrote:

Is the Misty Moon Inn there? I need to go through it and get all the posts I made for my character. Got a 46 pages word document containing some of it and would like to complete it.
It is. All the old threads are there! In fact, I'm waiting to see who returns. We never did get to finish MMI. I know that most people don't care enough anymore to finish it, but we were so close, it seems a shame to leave it like that.
I'm not sure how much of Kari I can dredge up, though. Her character hasn't exactly been very... active for three years.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

Checking this out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking this out   Checking this out EmptyTue May 13, 2014 12:26 am

Disappointing anticlimaxes never, ever happen in RPs.
Back to top Go down
TheBleachDoctor

TheBleachDoctor

Checking this out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking this out   Checking this out EmptyTue May 13, 2014 12:34 am

I don't know what that means, but okay.
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

Quote : My dreams are higher than the fucking sky!

Checking this out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking this out   Checking this out EmptyTue May 13, 2014 12:45 am

It means RP's almost never go unfinished.
Back to top Go down
TheBleachDoctor

TheBleachDoctor

Checking this out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking this out   Checking this out EmptyTue May 13, 2014 12:53 am

Even if they go dead for over three years?

Edit: I'm getting a 403 error from the site now. Guess their server couldn't handle so many people returning.
Back to top Go down
Tsukuyomi

Tsukuyomi

Quote : I screwed myself with a screwdriver in the thumb.

Checking this out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking this out   Checking this out EmptyTue May 13, 2014 1:14 pm

TheBleachDoctor wrote:
Turns out a few months after it went down, the Halcyon Days crowd set themselves up again on another forum using the old backup data. They just got BF running again.
Actually I knew Halycon Days were up again, but lacked the RP section and I'm not really interested in Halycon Days for some reason.

TheBleachDoctor wrote:
It is. All the old threads are there! In fact, I'm waiting to see who returns. We never did get to finish MMI. I know that most people don't care enough anymore to finish it, but we were so close, it seems a shame to leave it like that.
I'm not sure how much of Kari I can dredge up, though. Her character hasn't exactly been very... active for three years.
Well, I have planned out the mainframe of Tsukuyomi's story so it would be fun to play it out. It will end with a MEGA POST OF DOOM! But it takes around three arcs to complete, though...

TheBleachDoctor wrote:
I'm getting a 403 error from the site now. Guess their server couldn't handle so many people returning.
Is it still bleachforums.com? Because that adress gives me a 403 error as well.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

Checking this out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking this out   Checking this out EmptyTue May 13, 2014 2:30 pm

That sounds about par for the course.

Also, "RPs almost never go unfinished" was sarcasm.
Back to top Go down
TheBleachDoctor

TheBleachDoctor

Checking this out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking this out   Checking this out EmptyTue May 13, 2014 5:34 pm

Tsukuyomi wrote:

Actually I knew Halycon Days were up again, but lacked the RP section and I'm not really interested in Halycon Days for some reason.
Oh, okay. I was unaware of this until... two years later.
Tsukuyomi wrote:

Well, I have planned out the mainframe of Tsukuyomi's story so it would be fun to play it out. It will end with a MEGA POST OF DOOM! But it takes around three arcs to complete, though...
We could reboot MMI. I know I need to ungodmod by characters.
Tsukuyomi wrote:

Is it still bleachforums.com? Because that adress gives me a 403 error as well.
It is. The 403 error occurred sometime yesterday. I'm talking with the admins right now to see what went wrong.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

Checking this out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking this out   Checking this out EmptyTue May 13, 2014 6:59 pm

I was on the wrong site the entire time.
Back to top Go down
TheBleachDoctor

TheBleachDoctor

Checking this out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking this out   Checking this out EmptyTue May 13, 2014 9:50 pm

Neo Bahamut wrote:
I was on the wrong site the entire time.
Oh, well, do you want me to ask the admins if you can be unbanned?

BTW, the site is back up. They were doing server maintenance.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

Checking this out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking this out   Checking this out EmptyTue May 13, 2014 10:10 pm

No thanks. If I feel like coming back, I'll find a way to message this Will dude, but I don't feel any urgent need. Also, ByakuyaMayuri might come back, & while it's an improvement that I won't have to act like I like him, the bruises from where I kept slamming my head into my desk have only recently healed.
Back to top Go down
TheBleachDoctor

TheBleachDoctor

Checking this out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking this out   Checking this out EmptyTue May 13, 2014 10:11 pm

Neo Bahamut wrote:
No thanks. If I feel like coming back, I'll find a way to message this Will dude, but I don't feel any urgent need. Also, ByakuyaMayuri might come back, & while it's an improvement that I won't have to act like I like him, the bruises from where I kept slamming my head into my desk have only recently healed.
Ah, yes. I vaguely remember that there was a huge flame war...
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

Checking this out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking this out   Checking this out EmptyTue May 13, 2014 10:23 pm

Personally, I don't think that it's really a "flame war" until at least 2 people just lose control & start hurling insults at each other.

My problem was very simple: The forum prioritized superficial politeness over actually knowing what the fuck you were talking about. This crossed over into the territory of completely unacceptable when that idiot started handing out computer & medical advice. Because telling someone to go off of their meds is A-OK, but Ereshkigal forbid that you start a thread making fun of someone, that shit got ya permabanned.

Incidentally, I did that to demonstrate my other complaint, that the mod team was not equipped to handle trolls.
Back to top Go down
TheBleachDoctor

TheBleachDoctor

Checking this out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking this out   Checking this out EmptyTue May 13, 2014 11:36 pm

Neo Bahamut wrote:
Personally, I don't think that it's really a "flame war" until at least 2 people just lose control & start hurling insults at each other.

My problem was very simple: The forum prioritized superficial politeness over actually knowing what the fuck you were talking about. This crossed over into the territory of completely unacceptable when that idiot started handing out computer & medical advice. Because telling someone to go off of their meds is A-OK, but Ereshkigal forbid that you start a thread making fun of someone, that shit got ya permabanned.

Incidentally, I did that to demonstrate my other complaint, that the mod team was not equipped to handle trolls.

Hm, well, I don't remember it too well, so it really doesn't matter to me anymore. I remember that I was pissed that it happened, but I don't think I had a very good grasp of what was going on.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

Checking this out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking this out   Checking this out EmptyTue May 13, 2014 11:51 pm

The important thing is that I was clearly wrong about the mod team being unequipped to handle trolling of that magnitude.
Back to top Go down
TheBleachDoctor

TheBleachDoctor

Checking this out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking this out   Checking this out EmptyWed May 14, 2014 12:18 am

So many people got banned that day...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Checking this out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking this out   Checking this out Empty

Back to top Go down

Checking this out
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Neo's RP :: Other Stuff :: Meet & Greet-
Jump to: