Neo's RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Neo's RP

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Soulcalibur: Another Tale

Go down 
+2
Azena
Seraph
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Seraph

Seraph

Soulcalibur: Another Tale Empty
PostSubject: Soulcalibur: Another Tale   Soulcalibur: Another Tale EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 4:07 pm

Transcending history and the world; a tale of swords and souls eternally retold

~The Mantis War~

Once, there existed on a great continent, three countries: the Grandall Empire, the Kingdom of Dalkia, and the Halteese Republic. The Kingdom of Dalkia and the Halteese Republic waged a great war against one another for countless years. The Grandall Empire stayed out of the conflict, amassing their army quietly. However Grandall struck with a might that far made up for the time it took for them to enter the war. Their king, Strife Astlar Grandall had used a mere cadet in his army to lead a campaign of destruction across the land. The king was fueled by the madness brought on by possessing the wicked sword known as Soul Edge.

One of his generals rebelled. The king sent the cadet to silence this general, Giradot. At the battle's end Strife himself appeared on the field and slew Giradot causing the Cadet to realize the true nature of his king. Taking command of the rebellion the Cadet turned his strategic prowess against his former king. Rallying the shattered empires that had fallen under Grandall's heel, the Cadet received aid from a young woman, and former enemy, from the Kingdom of Dalkia. The Cadet received the opposite sword to the wicked Soul Edge. The sword known as Soulcalibur was the pivotal item that allowed the Cadet to strike down the evil King Strife and put an end to the war.

Both the evil blade and the holy blade disappeared into darkness after the battle. The empire collapsed, and the people were left only with devastated lands and the memories of the terrible war. The people, however, eventually forgot the hardships. They rebuilt the razed villages and sowed new seeds upon the destroyed fields.

~Remnants~

With Grandall gone, and the lessons that the war taught them, the Halteese Republic and the Kingdom of Dalkia put an end to their long conflict. Peace was established between the two and a the remnants of the Grandall empire rallied under the banner of the Cadet. The Cadet allowed himself to slip into obscurity and raised one of his own soldiers, Abelia Schillfelt, to the forefront. Her job was to usher in a new kingdom for the refugees of the war. It was atonement for the scars Grandall left upon the world. Abelia was crowned the first queen of the new kingdom. They named it Argezas after their fallen mentor, General Giradot Argezas. After that the Cadet disappeared totally. He slipped into the night, boarded a ship headed east, and vanished from history.

~Looming Darkness~

Twenty years have passed since the end of the war. Queen Abelia has passed away leaving the Argezas Kingdom in the hands of her fourteen year old son. The kingdom has entered a period of mourning for their late ruler while her son, Matthew, makes preparations for the attacks he knows will come. A young ruler he is, a foolish one he is not. Worse yet he hears tales of strange rumblings in the south. A wicked cult claiming themselves being chosen of god to purge the land. They rally around a dark power that the young king fears may be the wicked sword Soul Edge.

A call goes out across the land,

"Find Soulcailbur, find the holy sword, for a dark force rises in the south. Rally to the Kingdom of Argezas for war may loom on the horizon once more."

~Sign Ups~
Name: First and Last
Age Your character's age. Be reasonable here.
Appearance: Description of how your character looks. Using a picture is allowed.
Spoiler:
Kingdom: Halteese, Dalkia, Argezas, or are you unaffilated?
Weapon of Choice/Fighting Style: The weapon your character wields and a description of the fighting style involved.
Biography: A short summary of their history up until now. Include some personality details.
Other: Extra stuff I may have missed.
Code:
[u][b]~Sign Ups~[/b][/u]
[b]Name:[/b] First and Last
[b]Gender:[/b] Male or Female
[b]Age[/b] Your character's age. Be reasonable here.
[b]Appearance:[/b] Description of how your character looks. Using a picture is allowed.
[spoiler][img*][*/img][/spoiler]
[b]Kingdom:[/b] Halteese, Dalkia, Argezas, or are you unaffilated?
[b]Weapon of Choice/Fighting Style:[/b] The weapon your character wields and a description of the fighting style involved.
[b]Biography:[/b] A short summary of their history up until now. Include some personality details.
[b]Other:[/b] Extra stuff I may have missed.

~The Kingdoms and Geography~

Argezas is a mountainous kingdom with a temperate climate. It is mostly comprised of hilly meadows, pastoral land, and vast mountain ranges.

Halteese is a snow swept nation that is mostly cold year round with the snow melting in the mild summer. It has a similar terrain to Argezas but is comprised more of pastoral land and meadows with very few mountains.

Dalkia is isolated from the rest of the continent by a vast desert followed by bandit laden badlands and valleys. The scars of war are more prominent here as its where the heaviest of the fighting in the Mantis war occurred. Dalkia is home to the five shrines, The Shrine of Fire, The Shrine of Earth, the Shrine of Lightning, The Shrine of Water, and the Shrine of the Moon.

The Southlands are swampy and forest covered making them ill suited for establishing a kingdom. Thus they have remain unexplored and largely uninhabited by decent folk. Many criminals, psychopaths, and other unsavory types have congregated here under the banner of "The Order of Dark Purging."

If you have questions feel free to ask before you sign up.
Back to top Go down
Azena

Azena

Quote : The next time I want to kill someone, how about you just let me

PostSubject: Re: Soulcalibur: Another Tale   Soulcalibur: Another Tale EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 6:49 pm

~Sign Ups~
Name: Anabelle Henatira
Age 22
Appearance:
Spoiler:
Kingdom: Argezas
Weapon of Choice/Fighting Style: Gold-hued Longsword named Golden Bell. Very agile combat, relying more on her ability to avoid and deceive enemies rather than going toe to toe in a competition of strength.
Biography: Anabelle is the granddaughter of a Grandall veteran of the Mantis War. Growing up, she was trained to see the world in combat. However, it wasn't fight everyone, it was watch everyone. See how they move and act, spot their weaknesses. Thus, she had trouble making friends. She never let it bother her. When she saw the notice from the young King, she stole her grandfather's sword, Golden Bell, much to her parent's distaste, and has set out to find the dark sword Soul Edge and destroy it.

~Sign Ups~
Name: Ryan Holder
Age 16
Appearance:
Spoiler:
Kingdom: Dalkia
Weapon of Choice/Fighting Style: Large Scimitar (in his pic). He's a defensive fight that waits for the right moment to attack his opponent, often getting them as they tire out. His offense is rather clumsy, but surprisingly strong.
Biography: Ryan's family lost everything at the end of the Mantis War. Before it, the Holder family was very wealthy with a mansion. The mansion was destoyed and Ryan's grandfather donated their fortune to help rebuild Dalkia. Ryan scavenged old ruins for treasures and supplies to make ends meet. When he heard about the search for Soul Calibur, he knew it was his chance to claim a reward for it and get his family's status back. He immediately set out with some gear he had scavenged over the years.

Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/mynameisgarrus
Seraph

Seraph

PostSubject: Re: Soulcalibur: Another Tale   Soulcalibur: Another Tale EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 6:54 pm

Approved. Use my name well.
Back to top Go down
Azena

Azena

Quote : The next time I want to kill someone, how about you just let me

PostSubject: Re: Soulcalibur: Another Tale   Soulcalibur: Another Tale EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 6:56 pm

Ryan?
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/mynameisgarrus
Seraph

Seraph

PostSubject: Re: Soulcalibur: Another Tale   Soulcalibur: Another Tale EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 7:09 pm

Indeed.
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Soulcalibur: Another Tale   Soulcalibur: Another Tale EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 12:07 am

Wondering if this is still open.
Back to top Go down
http://script-z.deviantart.com
Seraph

Seraph

PostSubject: Re: Soulcalibur: Another Tale   Soulcalibur: Another Tale EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 12:22 am

unfortunately not. How ever Tales of Balance is.
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Soulcalibur: Another Tale   Soulcalibur: Another Tale EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 12:39 am

Lol, but that has nothing to do with Soul Calibur. That is like offering me an apple after I ask if the orange stand is closed.

If you have an interest in reopening this I wouldn't mind joining. The story mode in SC3 was interesting, so I wouldn't mind RPing about it.
Back to top Go down
Seraph

Seraph

PostSubject: Re: Soulcalibur: Another Tale   Soulcalibur: Another Tale EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 1:19 am

If anyone besides you and Azena showed interest this would indeed open again however.
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

Quote : My dreams are higher than the fucking sky!

PostSubject: Re: Soulcalibur: Another Tale   Soulcalibur: Another Tale EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 1:22 am

But Azena is never around so...
Back to top Go down
Seraph

Seraph

PostSubject: Re: Soulcalibur: Another Tale   Soulcalibur: Another Tale EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 1:25 am

Azena is gone but I need two actives.
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Soulcalibur: Another Tale   Soulcalibur: Another Tale EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 1:29 am

You and I are two active people.
Back to top Go down
Seraph

Seraph

PostSubject: Re: Soulcalibur: Another Tale   Soulcalibur: Another Tale EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 1:31 am

Game needs three active people, creator + two and its really hit or miss on what games Harley or Neo will join while Tae is open to anything outside of a few things of which this is one (as I had asked before).
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Soulcalibur: Another Tale   Soulcalibur: Another Tale EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 1:35 am

That is dumb. If Azena was still here he would be playing 2 guys. I was planning to make one. I'll play three characters, boom, we've met quota.
Back to top Go down
Seraph

Seraph

PostSubject: Re: Soulcalibur: Another Tale   Soulcalibur: Another Tale EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 1:36 am

xD oh how I wish it were that simple.
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Soulcalibur: Another Tale   Soulcalibur: Another Tale EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 1:38 am

Gah, it should be. How does one expect anything to lift off the ground with so few members, and members that don't stick around?
Back to top Go down
Seraph

Seraph

PostSubject: Re: Soulcalibur: Another Tale   Soulcalibur: Another Tale EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 1:39 am

I have no idea :U
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Soulcalibur: Another Tale   Soulcalibur: Another Tale EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 1:43 am

XP I'm going to write someone a stern letter about this.
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

Quote : My dreams are higher than the fucking sky!

PostSubject: Re: Soulcalibur: Another Tale   Soulcalibur: Another Tale EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 1:51 am

Complain to Neon. Or Dego.

I'm not sure whose idea it was originally.
Back to top Go down
Seraph

Seraph

PostSubject: Re: Soulcalibur: Another Tale   Soulcalibur: Another Tale EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 1:54 am

Dego's it was originally, Neo modified it to "active" members which made the idea make more sense.
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Soulcalibur: Another Tale   Soulcalibur: Another Tale EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 2:01 am

I was just joking. I'm much to apathetic to make a complaint about it. I might bring it up to Neo in a passing conversation later, but that is about it.
Back to top Go down
Seraph

Seraph

PostSubject: Re: Soulcalibur: Another Tale   Soulcalibur: Another Tale EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 2:06 am

Script-z's calm, rational, and logical attitude is setting off my chickdar...

Are you a girl?
Back to top Go down
Taegan

PostSubject: Re: Soulcalibur: Another Tale   Soulcalibur: Another Tale EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 7:56 am

S/he also probably posted in Bleach, which means I'm the only one left and Neon is gonna be mad tonight.
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Soulcalibur: Another Tale   Soulcalibur: Another Tale EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 8:51 am

-Shit, people are calling my masculinity into question, I have to do something manly to affirm my status as a manly man of manliness!-

Lol, I won't be doing that. My calmness comes from the fact that I'm an oldfag /b/tard. I've seen just about everything the internet can offer, and just don't see the need in flipping out about things anymore. Still, fix this rule or I'll crash this bitch with a Low Orbit Ion Cannon.
Back to top Go down
Taegan

PostSubject: Re: Soulcalibur: Another Tale   Soulcalibur: Another Tale EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 9:12 am

It's a good rule. Also, stop talking like you're 90. That's Neon's thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soulcalibur: Another Tale   Soulcalibur: Another Tale Empty

Back to top Go down

Soulcalibur: Another Tale
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next