Neo's RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Neo's RP

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Prologue - Dark Dawn

Go down 
+2
Leafy
WolfSmasher
6 posters
AuthorMessage
WolfSmasher

WolfSmasher

Quote : The Defender of Justice!

Prologue - Dark Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Prologue - Dark Dawn   Prologue - Dark Dawn EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 9:30 pm

Alrighty, so a few things before I begin this... well, wouldn't really call it a story. More like a short story since I intend for it to just be a 1 chapter thing. The reason I'm doing this? Well, me and Tae have been making an RP for the past few days and plan on posting it very, very soon. This is just a small story of an event that happened prior to the RP that I felt like making because I'm just that hyped for it. This is my first time making a... well, I guess you could call it a fanfic; so try not to criticize TOO harshly, please. Well, without further ado, here we go.

=====

The wind was whistling in the quiet of the night, the rain pouring in a slight, subtle manner, and the various wildlife scurrying to find places to cuddle up for the night. In the magical academy of Schola Valhalla, all of the students were asleep in their respective dorms separated by gender. On one such night, an old man sat in his desk in the main office of this school. He had long, grey hair stretching down to his waist, and a snow white beard and sideburns. His long, blue and white robe that stretched to his knees, and the ordinary brown boots. This was the current principal, going by the name of Odin. He has been known as the strongest, most intelligent wizard to come out of the academy since it began, basically revered as a god in human form in terms of strength. On such a night, he felt that something was not quite right. Suddenly, a young mage walked into his office, her face covered by a hood, and walked up to his desk. The old man lifted his gaze from the book he was reading to look up at the young woman. "Sir... I've finished my report. Lysero and his army are going off to the western regions, towards one of the princesses... should we act on this?" the girl finally spoke, tossing a written report on Odin's desk and taking off her hood, revealing bright green hair and matching eyes, a serious expression on her face. "No, don't bother. There are multiple outposts along the way that they will not manage to get past. Varakane is leading them, after all. I imagine he could take Lysero head on if he so willed it." Odin replied calmly, going back to reading his book, titled "The girl of 1000 volcanoes", where the blonde-haired female protagonist had just beaten the crap out of the antagonist with a punch that would break mountains in two.

"Haha, this is an entertaining read. You like to read, don't you? You should take this with you when you head back." the old man said with a kindhearted smile. "Sir! Pardon me for speaking out of turn, but have you gone mad?!! Varakane couldn't possibly handle it alone! He's strong, I know, but-" "I realize that, and you two were supposed to get engaged when he got back in a month, weren't you? I can understand you being concerned, but if I were to die one day, he is a top contender for my spot. He can handle himself, trust me." Odin interrupted, comforting her. "You need to realize this eventually, Maria." he finished, getting up to hug her, to which she gladly accepts, crying a little bit as she does so. "Now, go back to bed and forget about it. When morning comes, you'll hear all about how wonderfully the situation was handled. Alright?" he broke the hug and said while smiling. Maria simply nodded, wiping her tears, and walked out of his office.

~~~~2 hours later~~~~

Odin was still in his office, finishing up and stretching. "I guess it's about time I went and joined everyone in the world of dreams, as well." he muttered, getting up off his chair and walking out of his office. Along the long corridors and halls he walked, and walked, and walked, until eventually he stopped dead. He could've sworn he heard something, but ignored it as he continued walking until he was right outside his bedroom. Getting his key from his robe, he twists it inside the door and opens it. Inside, however, he is greeted with a shadowy figure standing on his bed. The old man is shocked to see this, and backs away a bit. "No... it's you!" he shouts out loud, getting into a battle stance. "Why are you here?! HOW are you here?! You should be leading your army west!" he continues in an angry tone. "Oh, come now, you didn't honestly BELIEVE that, did you? That was all misinformation, for the purpose of tricking you. And who did I get to do it?" the man raised a body that he held in his right hand, raising it into the moonlight that shined in from the window. "Maria?!! What did you do to her?!!" the old man was now glowing a bit red. "I just... convinced her was all. Y'know, the usual "Threaten to kill your lover" deal! And MAN was it ever fun to watch it play out. I've really outdone myself with this one, if I do say so myself." he said, throwing her unconscious body out the window, which fell down the building about 15 feet. All Odin could do was stand and watch in anger. "Age is catching up with you, old man. And I'm going to prove this to you right now." he said, digging a book out of his left pocket and placing it in his right hand, open to the first page. "That book... WHERE DID YOU GET THAT!!!" Odin shouted in anger, pulling a wand out of his pocket and fired lightning at the figure faster than the eye can see. However, he was no longer there, and all Odin could see was a shadowy hand raising out of the ground in front of him and grab him by the throat.

"You really wanna know?" the man's voice could be heard a little bit away, near the light switch. He flicked it on to reveal himself. Dressed in an open black coat that stretched to his knees, long sleeves on said coat that go down past his hands so that they can barely be seen, a fancy looking dress shirt underneath the coat, black dress pants, and black dancing shoes. On the back of his coat was a red symbol of an eye. He also wore a hood that hid his face, the only thing able to be seen being his sinister smile. In a flash, he appeared right behind Odin, his left hand on the old man's shoulder. "Let's take this... up to the top, shall we? Otherwise this entire building would collapse from what will inevitably happen. You can't go all out while you're worried about killing everyone, after all." he says, pausing and giving a small chuckle. "Like the weakling you are." he finished, releasing the shadow hand and punching Odin in the gut so hard that it sent him flying through the ceiling, and all other 10 ceilings above it until he flew up to the roof, smashing hard onto the ground at the top, the man appearing up there almost as fast.

Odin struggled to his feet, breathing and sweating heavily. "Oh please, old man. I knew you were overcome by age, but you can't seriously be THIS weak?! I only put half my physical power and NO magical power into that punch, after all." he gloats. "Heh... this old man's got a long way to go yet. You've improved, I'll admit, but you're not up to the standards of my other pupils." Odin retorts. "Other pupils? You mean like Varakane? Maria? Gahahaha! LOOK at the situation old man! Maria betrayed you so that her weakling fiance would live! Both Varakane AND Maria are total fools! Nothing can stop me. Just stay..." the man starts, again appearing right in front of Odin, bitch slapping him with his back hand to the ground. "The fuck..." he continues, stomping on Odin's body. "DOWN already, old man! Give in to your old age and rot away on this rooftop!" he says, laughing afterwards and beating the crap out of his downed body. Odin grabbed his foot as it was stomping him and pushed him back, knocking him to the ground and making a crater. Odin's eyes were glowing red as an aura of crimson flowed around his body. "I wanted to give you a chance to redeem yourself, but I see that will not be the case... I'll dispose of you right here." the old man said. "And with you out of the way... well, perhaps I can retire and pass my legacy on to someone more capable than I ever will be. From now on, I'll give this fight my all. No holding back." Odin said, his wounds seemingly disappearing and his robe fixing itself.

"Then come at me, and let's end this duel we started all those years ago..." he retorts. "Lysero, I do believe is what I was known by back then? Yes, I remember those times quite fondly..." the man revealed to be the Lysero spoken of earlier said, reminiscing. "But enough of that." Lysero said, ending on that note. For a brief moment, nothing could be seen, but then, sparks of light were seen all over the sky. Yellow and blue to be precise, from Odin and Lysero respectively. In midair, they were punching and kicking each other DBZ-style, with Odin seemingly being able to keep up despite his age. The midair scuffle ended when Odin countered Lysero's kick and punched him right in the jaw, sending him back down to the roof of the school, making a crater as he landed. Odin landed nearby on his feet, crushing the ground around him as he did so. "This is my home... and the home of every young and aspiring magician in this world. I won't let you have your way, nor will I tolerate what danger you're putting this world in. I will end it right here and now." Odin said angrily, pulling out his electric wand again and pointing it at Lysero's grounded body. Lysero gritted his teeth for a moment, but then relaxed and smiled a confident smile. Just as he did this, however, his whole body was vaporized into ash, leaving nothing behind.

*And so it comes to an end..." Odin mutters to himself, wiping a single tear from his eye. "I wish it could have been on better terms.... I'm sorry that I couldn't save you in the end." Odin bows respectfully to the remaining ashes before he puts his wand away and makes his way towards the nearby staircase. "Don't be. I'm not dead yet." a familiar voice rose from behind him. Odin's eyes widened in shock and he didn't even have time to react before he got lunged through with an arm. The arm wasn't human, however. It was black and demonic, covered in spikes and claws. The hand exited his chest and a foot kicked him to the ground, covering him in his own puddle of blood. It was Lysero again. Exactly the same, albeit with a demonic right arm that morphed back into a human arm seconds later. "You... what are you..." Odin said weakly, rising to his feet and grasping at the hole in his chest. "That isn't for you to know. It's for you to figure out after you're dead, up in the heavens." he stated coldly and in a murderous tone. "But how did you... live..." Odin replied, looking over at the pile of ashes. "Ah, that? I transformed one of my higher ups to look like me, and have access to at least my base physical abilities. What you fought was merely a clone. A damn shame he's dead, but what can I say, eh? I can always just conjure up another one any time. You know how it is, right? Oh right, you don't. You rely on those weak mages down below." he says, pointing at the ground. As he does this, he spits on the ground and crushes Odin's magic wand in two with his foot.

He looks up and grins. "You'd might as well see the face of the one who killed you before you die. After all, as your former student you deserve that much." he calmly lifts his hood in a casual fashion, revealing short black hair, red eyes, and a scar slashed horizontally across his forehead. "You... have barely changed a bit since that day. I'm surprised how well you can maintain your youth among all that has happened." Odin says, struggling to stay standing, and even more so to breathe. "...Hmph. Even if my appearance hasn't changed, my strength has by a large dose. Allow me to demonstrate to you for a second... what I can do when I'm actually TRYING to kill you!" he says, then immediately jumps into the air, pulling out the book he had earlier. "Oh roaring flames of the dragon, sneaking winds of the great eagle, tranquil waters of the shark, surging electricity of the skies, light of the gods, darkness of the devil himself! LEND ME ALL OF YOUR POWERS! End of the world... RAGNAROK!!!" he shouts as enormous power surrounds him. A large sphere of fire, wind, water, lightning, light and darkness all gathered into one in the palm of his hand. "Goodbye... to you, AND your school!" he shouts one final time, soaring into the air a few kilometers up. He throws the sphere, which expands to the size of a meteor as it starts to come crashing down on the school. Odin's eyes grow calm, almost as if he was staring death in the face, which he technically was. "So... my time has come, then...?" he thought in his head, picking up the two broken pieces of his wand, a glowing, almost god-like aura of white light surrounding him.

"I wish I could see my pupils grow up to be mature adults. But if I don't use this now, nothing will ever exist; I'll leave the rest to this school... this Valhalla." he finished thinking. "Now, then. Even though I said I wouldn't pull any stops... I'll admit I have. But for this one last time, I'll put my all into it." he says, the light surrounding him bending into the wand, then exploding outward, pushing back the energy ball of death a little bit as it does. When he emerges, he's in white and golden armor from head to toe, his head being the only thing not protected by said armor. "This... is my wand's true form. And when I accelerate it to ITS full potential as well...." he started, a golden spear appearing in his left hand. The ground around him started to crumble, and it felt as if time itself slowed down for a second. "The result can be deadly... but pushing myself this far at this age will kill me.... and take you down as well!!!" he shouts one final time before throwing his spear straight at the ball, which eventually disintegrates into a lightning bolt that rockets right through the ball of Ragnarok, splitting it into two which fly in the opposite direction of the school towards two mountains which are instantly destroyed. The lightning bolt, however, continues to go and pierces itself right through the still airborne Lysero in an instant, then disappearing. "Ha... at least in my last few breaths... I was able to do one last thing for this school. Much better than retirement... I just wish I could have seen the ones who will protect us from now on..." he thinks as he falls to the ground, images of the students of the school flashing through his head, and then, for some reason, images of strange looking places flash through his head. "Oh...? Heh, this is unexpected after all... much more potential than I could have imagined... I guess I really can rest in peace... knowing... this...." as he finishes his thoughts, his armor disappears from his body and returns to the same old robes, tattered and worn out now, his wand returning to his side, snapped in half as it was before, the aura of strength that surrounded his body now fading. All was quiet as the sun rose and birds started to wake up and chirp as they always did.

His sacrifice would not be in vain, as this sacrifice gave not just despair, but also hope to the students of the academy that they would win this war, and that they would one day bring peace to this land again. Maria lived through her fall, though in critical condition, and it is still unknown what happened to Varakane. Also unkown is what happened to Lysero's body, as he was nowhere to be seen the next day. Most say there was no way he could have lived through such an attack, but others say he may have lived. Perhaps no one will ever know for sure, but as the war still draws on, the mages of this world are more motivated than ever to forever put an end to the conflict. Such as the story begins.

~~~~Meanwhile, on Earth at the exact same time as Odin's death.~~~~

"Whe...where am I?!!" a girl walking down the streets mutters to herself. She looks around, but all that can be seen is black and white with no color. "What the fuck is this?!" she continues, starting to break out into a run. However, she stops when she sees some sort of apparition appear in front of her. "Uhhh... uhhh...." she mutters, starting to have a heart attack. "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!" she screams the next second, and then silence.

~~~~End~~~~

Weeeell, this was pretty much just an intro I made for the RP just because. Not really mandatory to read, but will fill you in on a few things when the RP begins, so it's recommended but not necessary. Anyway, that's that. If you're going to criticize, please make it constructive and not just telling me about how terrible it is.

Last edited by WolfSmasher on Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: Prologue - Dark Dawn   Prologue - Dark Dawn EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 9:36 pm

You did good Brendan.
Edit: Except, more Bob next time. You know the story needs him.

Last edited by Leafy on Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Seraph

Seraph

PostSubject: Re: Prologue - Dark Dawn   Prologue - Dark Dawn EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 9:36 pm

inb4 sarcasm from Harley and Neo.
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Prologue - Dark Dawn   Prologue - Dark Dawn EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 9:58 pm

I DON'T GET A MENTION, WHAT IS THIS BULLSHIT?!
Back to top Go down
http://script-z.deviantart.com
Neo Bahamut
Unyielding Force of Thoroughbred Penis
Unyielding Force of Thoroughbred Penis
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Prologue - Dark Dawn   Prologue - Dark Dawn EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 10:26 pm

Who the Hell is this new person?
Back to top Go down
https://neon.rpg-board.net
Seraph

Seraph

PostSubject: Re: Prologue - Dark Dawn   Prologue - Dark Dawn EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 10:30 pm

Someone Tae and Brendan invited.
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Prologue - Dark Dawn   Prologue - Dark Dawn EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 10:47 pm

Obviously.
Back to top Go down
Taegan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue - Dark Dawn   Prologue - Dark Dawn EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 12:25 am

o_o What the.
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: Prologue - Dark Dawn   Prologue - Dark Dawn EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 8:27 am

Seraph wrote:
Someone Tae and Brendan invited.
Yep.

It's very nice to meet you all.
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Prologue - Dark Dawn   Prologue - Dark Dawn EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 8:32 am

You wouldn't say that if you really knew us. Still, welcome to the forum.
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: Prologue - Dark Dawn   Prologue - Dark Dawn EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 8:41 am

Script-Z wrote:
You wouldn't say that if you really knew us. Still, welcome to the forum.
Thanks for the warning and the welcome.
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Prologue - Dark Dawn   Prologue - Dark Dawn EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 8:44 am

Don't mention it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prologue - Dark Dawn   Prologue - Dark Dawn Empty

Back to top Go down

Prologue - Dark Dawn
Page 1 of 1