Neo's RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Neo's RP

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

War On Crime

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Leafy

Leafy

War On Crime - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: War On Crime   War On Crime - Page 36 EmptyThu May 11, 2017 9:03 pm

Amanda:<What about them?>
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Unyielding Force of Thoroughbred Penis
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: War On Crime   War On Crime - Page 36 EmptyThu May 11, 2017 11:31 pm

"Hello--umm--may I please speak to Taiyo? I promise I'll be quick!"
===========================
Art"What kind of equipment I should get, routes I should take, if I should go out tonight, that sort of thing."
===========================
"From what we saw, they easily have the power to do it. I recommend getting the Mutant Busters to guard him."
Back to top Go down
https://neon.rpg-board.net
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: War On Crime   War On Crime - Page 36 EmptySun May 14, 2017 9:01 pm

Amanda:<I kinda hoped one night out would scare you straight. Guess I can't be that lucky.>
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

Quote : My dreams are higher than the fucking sky!

PostSubject: Re: War On Crime   War On Crime - Page 36 EmptySun May 21, 2017 2:58 am

Aroma can hear the parrot swearing. Possibly at her. I'd swear at Aroma if I were a parrot. I'd swear at her even if I wasn't a parrot. Fuck Aroma.

Kari: "Right, okay. Please hold for a moment."

There's a moment and another curse from the parrot before Aroma picks up the phone with a "Hello."

=====================================

The operator says something along the lines of necessary precautions having been taken and the concerns of a townsperson are noted and appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: War On Crime   War On Crime - Page 36 EmptySun May 21, 2017 3:41 am

OOC: I hope that rake scratches your cold, dead heart!

Art"Why ever would it?"

*She rolls her eyes upward in a faux innocent expression.*
=====================
*Aroma had sputtered out a "thank you very much," & with every curse the parrot flung, she frowned a little more. However, that turned upside-down immediately upon hearing Taiyo's voice.*

Aro"Hi, Taiyo! I decided to call since I don't remember asking where we should meet. Do you want me to pick you up when it's time?"
=====================
L"I hope so. This is very serious. Just one more thing: This wouldn't happen to be a conversation the Black Mask can overhear, would it?"
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: War On Crime   War On Crime - Page 36 EmptyMon May 22, 2017 6:36 pm

Amanda:<I don't know, I thought it might not seem so fun in real life.>
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: War On Crime   War On Crime - Page 36 EmptyThu May 25, 2017 6:55 am

Taiyo: "Hi, Aroma. That'd work."

================================

The operator assures her the line is clear, but does not mention that it's probably because no one cares about the local snitch hotline. Or the line is bugged, but they're not in the know and wouldn't say so if they knew anyways.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: War On Crime   War On Crime - Page 36 EmptyThu May 25, 2017 7:11 am

"That's great! So, I'll come by your house near 8?"
=======================
Art"I thought you knew me better than that."

*She playfully sticks out her tongue before setting off for her house.*
=======================
L"We'll be in touch."

*She hangs up because I guess she thinks manners will make her seem weak or something, leans back into her seat, & sighs while massaging the bridge of her nose.*

L"Unless we spy on the cops directly, we'll have no way to make sure they take this seriously...even if I could contact the mutants, that'd be difficult...."
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: War On Crime   War On Crime - Page 36 EmptyFri May 26, 2017 9:52 pm

*Amanda follows her, because inviting yourself over is cool. She shrugs and looks away*
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: War On Crime   War On Crime - Page 36 EmptyTue May 30, 2017 5:51 am

Taiyo: "Sounds good."

As confusing if not scaring the hell out of Aroma with an I love you which Aroma should have reciprocated and the parrot swearing, Taiyo hangs up so she can get back to work. And think about what's she's going to wear. Seriously, I am wracking my brain over that.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: War On Crime   War On Crime - Page 36 EmptyTue May 30, 2017 9:52 am

OOC: Just pick something, holy balls, it should not be this hard. This is at least the 3rd time we've done it.

"Uh--yes, I love you too."

*Artemis is still walking home & Luna is done with lunch & drives off to do more electrician adventures. I really have nothing else to add at this point.*
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: War On Crime   War On Crime - Page 36 EmptyFri Jun 02, 2017 10:22 pm

*Amanda hunches her shoulders, staring at the pavement*
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: War On Crime   War On Crime - Page 36 EmptyMon Jun 05, 2017 2:09 am

With that in mind, let's skip a few hours. Taiyo's at home trying to figure out what pants to wear. Or maybe a skirt. I don't know.

I don't know what those other chumps are doing. Chump stuff like pondering whether to go out on the prowl for what they see as bad guys or stay home and watch Hanna Barbara cartoons.
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: War On Crime   War On Crime - Page 36 EmptyFri Jun 09, 2017 9:28 pm

*Eve looks over a completed assignment, chewing on the end of a pencil. She checks the clock every once in a while*
---
*Amanda is still being a bum at Art's house*
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: War On Crime   War On Crime - Page 36 EmptySat Jun 10, 2017 7:09 am

*Having been let out by a taxi nearby, Aroma takes a deep breath & heads up to Taiyo's door, ringing the bell. Her dress takes cues from this one, with a couple differences. First, the v-neck isn't quite as extreme, & is currently hidden beneath a shawl that matches her purse. This allows it to be made into a 2-piece, though it's hard to see her stomach past the basket she's carrying. Her fingers fidget around the handle, gloves going up to her elbows; white with blue flowers. Her sandals are also white, as well as the couple of flowers tucked behind her left ear. Of course, to live up to her title, she's wearing a modest amount of makeup, including light pink, glossy lipstick. Her eyes dart around as if she's wondering if she's doing something she's not supposed to.*
============================
"...if you have any news about the whereabouts of this dangerous killer, don't hesitate to call--"

*A floorboard creaks behind Ven & the television shuts off, prompting her to jump to her feet. She lets out a muffled scream as a hand covers her mouth & someone hisses in her ear.*

Th"Calm down, it's just me! Ow!"

*She jerks her hand back, spraying droplets of blood all over the place. Cradling her hand to her chest, she glares at Ven, who turns around with a defensive stare of her own.*

Th"You bit me!"

V"Well, you scared me!"

Th"You bit me!"

V"Well...I wanted to talk to you, but I didn't think you'd be up so soon...do you need some help with that?"

Th"It's nothing I can't handle."

*More blood falls to the floor as Thiera heads over to the kitchen, rinsing out the wound, which closes before her eyes. Ven, brow perking in interest, notices that she's no longer in her pajamas, & has changed into her street clothes.*

Th"I needed to wait for Aroma to leave, because if I mentioned this while she was still around, she would have wanted to help, and I don't want her to call off her date on my account. I've been idle for too long. I need to get out there & make certain the police are taking the threat to the mayor seriously. I could use your help, if you're willing."
=============================
*Artemis & Amanda are watching some detective noir thing on Netflix because that's what Harley answered when I asked what is the equivalent to the superhero craze in this world, & I choose to interpret that seriously. Euryale enters from the kitchen, wearing gray yoga pants & a black tank top, which shows she's lost very little muscle mass to age. She still does not seem to believe in covering her feet & looks about the same as you'd imagine, a bit saggier in places, a few more lines around her mouth & eyes. If they were to get a lot closer, they might see a few faint scars, most notably a thin spot on her left eyebrow. Her hair is slightly longer, & presently tied into a ponytail. Her voice has deepened with age, as it does, & is now very Mary Elizabeth McGlynn circa early 2000's.*

E<Okay, girls, the pizza should be ready by the time S'bu gets home. Sorry I don't have anything special planned, I didn't know we'd have company.>
*Having gotten off work a while ago, Luna is reading in her living room, waiting for the sun to finish setting before she goes on patrol.*
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: War On Crime   War On Crime - Page 36 EmptyMon Jun 12, 2017 12:32 am

Because she isn't. Aroma is living in sin and needs to cut that shit out. Instead of letting her basking in her sin, Loren answers the door looking like she probably changed out of her work attire and is wearing a plain white t-shirt and jeans because unlike Euryale, she hasn't given up on herself.

Loren: "Hello, Aroma. Taiyo's not ready yet if you don't mind waiting for a little bit."

She says moving to let her in.
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: War On Crime   War On Crime - Page 36 EmptyTue Jun 13, 2017 8:53 pm

Amanda:<Sorry for inviting myself over...again. Your house is just so much more fun than mine.>
---
*Eve puts the completed assignment in a folder before checking her phone, then looks at the clock and sighs*
---
*Cameron knocks on Kylie's door, but no one responds*

Cameron:<Dad's wondering what you want if we do take out. Mom won't be home 'till late.>
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: War On Crime   War On Crime - Page 36 EmptyTue Jun 13, 2017 9:46 pm

A"Uh, hi, Mrs. Shikasu. No, I don't mind."

*After a second, she apparently realizes she's being let inside. No sooner does she scurry over the threshold than she turns around & thrusts the basket out, keeping her left hand over her stomach.*

A"I made you muffins."

*Sure enough, within the basket are various types of muffins, all covered in plastic wrap to preserve freshness.*
========================
E"Oh, it's no trouble at all."

*She's probably lying, but in any case, she removes her hair tie to let her long bob flow unrestrained. She then gestures over her attire.*

E"I just wish Artie would've called me so you didn't catch me in this slapdash outfit. Plus I could really use a haircut."
V"Uh, I guess so, but...are you sure you're up to it?"

Th"I cannot afford to hide out forever."

V"Well, are you at least going to tell me what was wrong?"

Th"...In time."

*She shuts off the water & turns around.*

Th"For now, the important thing is finding a contact we can trust. I have one idea--a man going by "Cloud" seemed to have some familiarity with Waller--but I'm unsure how to locate him or how much sway he has, so it may be prudent to have a contingency. Do you know anyone who might suffice?"

*Ven crosses her arms & scrunches her face in thought.*

V"I don't exactly know the cops on a first name basis...there might be one...a woman detective I vaguely remember, who didn't give me any shit for fighting off some Tyranno losers. But I don't know much about her, & she might recognize me even if I'm in costume."

Th"What was her name?"

*She looks to the ceiling as people tend to do when trying to remember something.*

V"J-something. June? No...Julia? Wait, I think it was Jill. Jillian...Richardson? No, it was something more gender neutral. Riley? Rr-ra-fff-fur-dee--hold on--yeah."

*She looks back at Thiera as recognition dawns on her face.*

V"Detective Jillian Raferty. I'm positive that's what she said."
===================================
*Luna checks her watch before moving away from the window & digging her phone out of her pocket. She meanders over to her hallway as she calls Eve. Once no longer visible from outside, she pulls her voice changer from within her blouse & presses it to her face.*
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: War On Crime   War On Crime - Page 36 EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 2:01 am

Loren: "Oh, thank you."

Loren accepts the basket and closes the door when Aroma's inside. She calls out to Taiyo that Aroma arrived which Taiyo responds to with a surprised shriek and calls out she'll be ready in a minute.

Loren: "I suppose it wouldn't hurt if you wanted to have a seat."

She gestures towards the living room which Aroma should be familiar with. Inside is someone in black slacks, their forearms barely visible as they hold a newspaper.
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: War On Crime   War On Crime - Page 36 EmptySat Jun 17, 2017 5:08 pm

Amanda:<Art, what are you telling your mom? She looks great!>
---
*Eve answers*

Eve:<Hello?>
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: War On Crime   War On Crime - Page 36 EmptySat Jun 17, 2017 6:37 pm

L"Is this the Evening Star?"
=====================
E"Oh, thank you."

A"Suck up."

*Euryale runs a hand through her hair while Artemis gives Amanda the side eye.*
=====================
A"Oh--thank you, but I think I'll be fine."

*She heads into the living room & presumably stands awkwardly off to the side somewhere, trying not to jitter too much or stare at Mr. Shikasu as she wonders whether or not she should introduce herself. God, she knew she'd mess this up, but she didn't know it'd be so soon.*
=====================
V"So how are we going to get there?"

Th"I think walking there as civilians should suffice. It will be the least suspicious route, and we may be able to acquire more information before we make our move."

V"Well, we'll have to stop along the way to get my outfit. Should we leave a message for Aroma?"

Th"Excellent thinking."

*She scribbles a note on one of those fridge mounted whiteboard things & then heads out the door, Ven following her as she locks up.*
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: War On Crime   War On Crime - Page 36 EmptyMon Jun 19, 2017 9:03 pm

Eve:<Yes. What can I do for you?>
---
*Amanda sticks her tongue out at Artemis*

Amanda:<Suck ups get places, and who needs dignity anyway?>
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: War On Crime   War On Crime - Page 36 EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 2:10 am

Loren puts the basket down on the coffee table.

Loren: "Iori, don't be rude."

Iori folds the paper down to see there is in fact someone else in the room. Unfortunately that person is a nerd.

Iori's a middle aged Asian man with dark short hair that is starting to thin. Aroma should see that Taiyo gets some of her traits from him although she takes more after her mother.

Iori: "Hello."

================================

Either due to poor timing or something else, Thiera's phone rings. I doubt she has a landline which would make things better.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: War On Crime   War On Crime - Page 36 EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 5:50 am

"This is Mighty Oa--I mean, Specter! I'm going on patrol once dusk sets in. Can I count on your assistance?"
=========================
"H--hi, Mr. Shikasu. I'm Aroma."

*She scoots over & holds out her hand, tension probably evident in her arms between natural nervousness & the additional strain of trying to suppress her spinnerets.*
Th"One second--hello?"

*Thiera says the last part as she answers the phone.*
E<So, what are you girls watching?>

*She moves to get a better view of the TV.*
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: War On Crime   War On Crime - Page 36 EmptyThu Jun 22, 2017 9:06 pm

Eve:<Of course. Where should I meet you?>
---
Amanda:<Just whatever we could find on that wasn't completely terrible.>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: War On Crime   War On Crime - Page 36 Empty

Back to top Go down

War On Crime
Page 36 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Neo's RP :: Completed RPGs :: Manderlay-