Neo's RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Neo's RP

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Episode Thirteen: Last Laugh

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

Quote : My dreams are higher than the fucking sky!

Episode Thirteen: Last Laugh Empty
PostSubject: Episode Thirteen: Last Laugh   Episode Thirteen: Last Laugh EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 11:11 pm

When the light fades, each of the Chosen Children find themselves alone with their partner in an all white hallway with no way to go but forward.

A pair of disembodied voices speak whether to them or to nothing is anyone's guess.

???: "The Realm. Do you know what The Realm is? A story we agree to tell each other over and over until we forget that it's a lie. But what do we have left once we abandon the lie?"

???: "Chaos. A gaping pit waiting to swallow us all."

???: "Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder.

Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some....Are given a chance to climb, but they refused. They cling to the Realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions. Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is."
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Unyielding Force of Thoroughbred Penis
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Episode Thirteen: Last Laugh   Episode Thirteen: Last Laugh EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 1:07 am

*Guilmon blinks & walks around, sniffing as Euryale rises to her feet*

G<Hello? Who're you?>

E"Guilmon, it's probably a trick. And even if it's not, they probably wouldn't be the kinds of people you'd want to talk to."

*She folds her arms tightly, looking around. Guilmon points down the hall.*

G<Should we go that way?>

E"I'd rather not, but I don't know if we can afford to waste energy trying to break through the walls. Oh, we'd better make sure we can still Biomerge."

*So they do a Fusion Dance.*
Back to top Go down
https://neon.rpg-board.net
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: Episode Thirteen: Last Laugh   Episode Thirteen: Last Laugh EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 3:10 pm

Ooc: Nice, using Littlefinger's speech are we?

*Cameron yells in whatever direction he thinks the voice is coming from*

<Do have anything original to say or do you only speak in pop culture references?>

*Biyomon shrugs and they walk down the hall*
===
*Kylie sinks to the ground, arms around her knees. Lunamon looks up at her questioningly*

Kylie:<The last time I got separated...>

*She gets cut off when Lunamon hugs her*
===
*Terriermon clings to Eve's shoulder*

Terriermon:<We better get moving and end this thing.>

*Eve nods and she heads down the hall*
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Episode Thirteen: Last Laugh   Episode Thirteen: Last Laugh EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 4:20 pm

OOC: Shit, I forgot I have characters besides Euryale.

*Upon waking up, Aroma immediately grabs Lalamon & runs down the hall, looking around wildly.*

"Taiyo...Euryale...Kylie...Eve...Roatha...?!"

<Renamon...Guilmon...Lunamon...Terriermon...Dorumon...?!>
========================================
*Roatha sits up & locks eyes with Dorumon.*

D<Shut up, it wasn't my fault!>

R"I didn't say anything."

D<You were thinking it! No one could predict this stupid crap, I think random nonsense just happens to spite me!>
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: Episode Thirteen: Last Laugh   Episode Thirteen: Last Laugh EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 12:23 am

OOC: I don't goddamn know. It was sampled in a song and figured it'd contribute to the sense of despair and pointlessness.

I'm assuming Aroma turned at any corners she may have come across as running into a wall would be a great way to start her navigating the maze, she comes to a wide open room where she is presumably startled by a flash from a Butcher's Cameo sitting in the center of the room on a tripod.

Other than themselves and the camera there is a path to her left and another straight ahead.

=================================

Azuma and Patamon stare up at the ceiling, no source for the voices being visible which doesn't do much to ease up on any forboding feelings that are sure to come.

Going down the hall and into the next room, he has the same experience as Aroma, a century old camera snapping his picture, but unlike Aroma there is only one path available for him to continue.

Of course nothing answers as that would be counter-productive to overall goal. Cameron & Biyomon eventually enter an open room on the wall straight ahead are the words "WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE SCARY MOVIE?" And a path to the left and right.

They can Biomerge for all the good it'll do them presently. They could try breaking things assuming they forgot what happened last time they tried that.

Walking down the hall, Eve gradually begins feeling warmer which eventually leads to feelings of dehydration and thirst. Lucky or unlucky for her in the center of the first room she comes to is a large white fountain featuring a statue of an Owlmon. Her choice of paths are forward, left, and right.

Hitomi looks at the map on her Digivice showing that everyone is present in the same area while the 3D map shows that they're outside the manor still all the while their surroundings say otherwise.

Much like Aroma & Azuma, the first room she enters features a camera snapping her photo and the choice of going right or forward, the end of each hallway not being visible, she goes right.

Kylie has good reason to be afraid of separation and isolation after what happened last time, but this time around there's bound to be less degradation to be inflicted upon her, but that doesn't mean the memories are going away anytime soon.

With every step she takes, she hears the crack of a whip and should she stop, so does the whipping sound only to pick up again when she starts walking. Sounds madness inducing.

Kylie's trip into the first room is radically different than anyone else's including those I haven't written for at the moment, instead of a white room, she enters a room remininscent of a fifties lounge crossed with a meat locker.

Strung about the walls and amongst the furniture is heaps of gore and should be able to bring herself to look at any of it, she can see scraps of clothing belonging to the other Chosen Children clinging to the mutilated meat.

In its most soiled rat pack attire, what appears to be some grotesque form of Piedmon its face decaying and held on with wire, fish hooks, and a belt steps up to the stage with a couple Jokermon behind it.

Piedmon?: "Hey everybody, did the news get around
About a guy named Butcher Pete
Oh, Pete just flew into this town
And he's choppin' up all the women's meat"

Jokermon: "He's hackin' and wackin' and smackin'
He's hackin' and wackin' and smackin'
He's hackin' and wackin' and smackin'
He just hacks, wacks, choppin' that meat."

Piedmon?: "Butcher Pete's got a long sharp knife
He starts choppin' and don't know when to stop
All you fellows gotta watch your wifes
'Cause Pete don't care who's meat he chops

Ever since Peter flew into town
He's been havin' a ball
Just cuttin' and choppin' for miles around
Single women, married women, old maids and all

Wakes up in the morning, half past five
Chops from sunrise to sunset
I don't see how he stays alive
Meat's gonna be the death of ole Pete, yeah

The police put Pete in jail
Yes, he finally met his faith
But when they came to pay his bail
They found him choppin' up his cell mate

That Butcher Pete is a crazy man
Tries to chop down the wind and the rain
Just hacks on anything he can get
Say, turn this record over, you ain't heard nothing yet!"

As Roatha and Dorumon argue about how bad things happening to them happen for reasons other than just because, scratching can be heard right behind them where there is only a blank wall until the words "YoU'D DO BetTEr StAYiNg PUt..." appear.

I would not take that advice.

And last, but not least is Taiyo, who like everyone else will be put through the ringer which with any luck will show whether or not love conquers all.

Entering the first room for their starting point, not being the only or the last person to have their photo taken in a very invasive manner, they follow the only available path, Taiyo looking over her shoulder at the camera as it stands motionless in the other room.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Episode Thirteen: Last Laugh   Episode Thirteen: Last Laugh EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 1:54 am

*They take that advice, staring at the wall.*
==============================
*They scream, Lalamon shoots the camera, & Aroma darts down the left path.*
*Figuring maybe the speed will help them find the others, they dart ahead.*
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: Episode Thirteen: Last Laugh   Episode Thirteen: Last Laugh EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 6:06 pm

*If she has any left, Eve gets out one of the water packets and drinks it, while inspecting the statue*

Eve:<An owl...normally associated with wisdom and knowledge...>

*She takes the center path*
===
*Cameron stares at the question for a moment, then they take the right path*
===
*Unless Piedmon turns out to be a rapist, which I wouldn't put passed him. Anyway, Kylie runs down the hall as fast as she can, covering her ears in an attempt to stop the noise. When they get to the room, Lunamon peaks in first, then leads Kylie straight ahead towards Piedmon*

Lunamon:<Just stare straight ahead, don't look anywhere else.>

*Kylie nods and tries to do that*
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: Episode Thirteen: Last Laugh   Episode Thirteen: Last Laugh EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 12:37 am

Running down the hall, the scenery around Aroma changes. The white of the maze being replaced with water and dirt like she somehow ended up in an undersea cave surrounded by strange crystals, various Digimon she has never seen before trapped inside in some kind of stasis.

Weeping nearby and completely oblivious to her presence is AncientMermaimon or something that is using her form.

AncientMermaimon?: "One day, we will reclaim the seas, my children. The shackles that bound me to MetalSeadramon and the prisons that hold you will be cast away and we will rule as we once did."

To continue forward means passing AncientMermaimon.

Hearing the sound of footsteps following him, Azuma stops and looks back, a grotesque rendition of Piedmon much like what Kylie saw in a pair or dirty coveralls and a toolbelt rather than a suit staring back at him.

It makes no motion to press forward or attack in any visible way, choosing only to stare. Azuma begins backing away before breaking into a run down the hallway, the Piedmon-looking thing shouting after him.

Piedmon?: "You won't get away from me! I'll kill you sooner or later!"

In the next room is a wall of photos starting with one of him with an expression of surprise, confusion, and fear. The photo that was taken in the previous room. Each photo shows him with the same expression, but his face gradually rotting and decaying.

Looking back the path he emerged from is gone, a smooth blank wall in its place. Out of going either left or right, he goes right.

It seems no different than the path that took him to the previous room in that there is no features that set it apart from it and likely any other path he will walk, but a strange and familiar taste creeps into his mouth. It tastes like blue and soon enough the world around him takes on a blue hue complete with all the feelings experienced in the outside when the same gas was unleashed on them.

Whether because it's actually happening or as part of the gas, he sees someone approaching and as they get closer, it almost looks like Kylie.

They enter the first room with a flash as their photo is taken. Beyond surprise and likely confusion, they don't feel as if they were attacked in any way.

There's a path forward beyond the camera and to the left.

She doesn't feel any different until she begins getting further away from the fountain and room in general until she feels as she did upon finding herself dumped in the maze and in the next room comes the flash of the camera.

The path continues forward beyond the camera or to the left.

Hitomi emerges in a room much like Cameron did, a question asking about her favorite scary movie on the wall.

Even if answering such a question wouldn't have some kind of negative effect, it is not one she can answer.

Much like Cameron, she has a choice of going left or right. She goes left.

On top of having to climb up a gruesome stage that means passing by the Jokermon and Piedmon-looking thing. They don't try to stop her, but the experience is overall unpleasant and likely another that will haunt her dreams for awhile.

Passing through the curtains and out of that den of horror and easy listening takes them down a hall and into the next room.

In the center of the room she finds herself in is the fountain Eve saw, maybe it's the same fountain. Or maybe there's more than one.

The path continues to the left.

They get to wonder which is worse, wandering the maze and wondering if something is hunting them or staying put and wondering if something will be coming to them.

Neither seem pleasant, but one at least creates the illusion of being the hunter rather than the hunted.

Taiyo takes Renamon's hand as the hall they go down progressively gets more and more darker until it is pitch black, the sound of claws scratching against something and footsteps all drawing closer and the feeling of breathing on her neck.

???: "When darkness doesn't equal safety, it equals madness."

When light returns, they're in a room with a path to the left and forward, the words "Stay alive," and "Suffer the trial," scrawled on the walls.

Taiyo, dragging Renamon along runs left.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Episode Thirteen: Last Laugh   Episode Thirteen: Last Laugh EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 2:28 am

*Much as she wants to knock that camera over out of spite, Gallantmon skirts around it & goes further.*
================================
D<This is kinda boring. Should we go?>

R"I dunno. Maybe."

*He checks his map.*
*Aroma takes a few steps back.*

L<Wait, did she say she's MetalSeadramon's enemy?>

A"It could be a trick."

L<If it is, we could always biomerge--right?>

A"I don't know...maybe we should try it."

*So they try it.*

Last edited by Neo Bahamut on Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: Episode Thirteen: Last Laugh   Episode Thirteen: Last Laugh EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 5:13 pm

*Lunamon keeps pulling Kylie forward. Kylie has closed her eyes and is mumbling to herself*

Lunamon:<You can open your eyes when you want to. It's not scary in here.>

*Kylie's eyes remain closed*
===
*Eve blinks when the picture is taken and stops for a moment. She chooses the path behind the camera*
===
*Cameron and Biyomon try to resist breathing the shit in, but likely still end up giggling uncontrollably*

Cameron:<K-kylie?!>
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: Episode Thirteen: Last Laugh   Episode Thirteen: Last Laugh EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 10:36 pm

It is a trick that is working better than expected as well as a glimpse into the Digital World's not so distant past. Or maybe it is distant.

But despite their Biomerge, AncientMermaimon still isn't hostile.

The room Azuma enters is a blank space with only a pair of blank reds banner in the center of the back wall.

The Crest of Wrath appears on his arm and the banners.

???: "Anger is a gift."

Between the banners emerges a door to a short hallway, the end visible.

As he should have figured out from before, it was fairly fast acting. It is indeed Kylie until the gas dissipates and the Kylie-lookalike gets up close in his face, her face decaying and painted up like a mime.

Not!Kylie: "DEVIL WENT THROUGH HERE!"

At the center of the next room is a table with a bunch of Keychains that resemble each of the Chosen Children all in attire that they've worn over the course of the storyline. Standing behind the table is the Piedmon-looking thing in a dirty, cheap suit like one would expect a door to door salesman to wear.

The paths to the next areas are to the left and right.

Piedmon?: "Come one, come all! Step right up and get your limited edition Chosen Children keychains! You there-"

It points to Gallantmon.

Piedmon?: "You look like someone who'd be interested in this particularly dashing accessory."

It holds up a keychain of Taiyo dressed in only a bikini which Euryale should recall from their first time at Coela Point.

The path changes becoming more wooded, gears growing on trees in place of leaves. Just like Puppetmon's forest.

Further in, she comes to a clearing with rows and rows of trees featuring large amber crystals with various unrecognizable Digimon trapped inside in some kind of stasis.

Puppetmon and Cherrymon walk amongst the trees, oblivious to their presence.

Puppetmon: "Will they ever wake up?"

Cherrymon: "I cannot say. They have been like this since the Power of Creation was taken from the Warrior Ten."

Puppetmon: "They may never be my friends?"

Hitomi enters a room, a wall covered in photos of her in various states of decay, the path continues to the left.

It's gonna be difficult to see a whole lot with her eyes closed, but I suppose Lunamon could fill is an a seeing eye rabbit thing.

Much like when Hitomi looked at the map, it shows they're all together. Should he check the 3D map, it'll show that they're outside.

The path comes a room with a wall of photos, showing her in various states of decay. At the center of the room is a coffin with her name on it.

The coffin opens up to show a decaying rendition of Taiyo, her attire ratty and falling apart, face painted up like a mime.

Mime!Taiyo: "How has your relationship with the Child of Courage lasted over a week in-universe? I want an honest answer. One day she's interested in you and the next--"

It shurgs.

Mime!Taiyo: "Doesn't seem to notice if you're dead or alive. This relationship slips through your fingers like sand, your one sided attempt at it being the only thing that tries to keep it together. You grasp and you struggle, but it's meaningless. If it lasts til' the end of the story, it's over. No two year anniversary and no possibility of offspring however that would be handwaved."

Spoiling aspects for ideas that'll never come to pass.

Taiyo: "That's not true. We've lasted because-"

Mime!Taiyo: "Is that so? Do you believe she's searching for you? Do you think she's confronting Piedmon? Or do you think she's wasting time and energy doing the opposite of that?"

The mime-looking Taiyo opens its hand up showing Gallantmon maybe buying a keychain, but certainly not attacking whatever else is being shown.

Taiyo: "You're making that up. She wouldn't stand by while that....thing is there."

Mime!Taiyo: "If only I was, but if you refuse to believe even while looking directly at the truth, I suppose there's nothing I can do."

The mime-looking Taiyo turns to dust, revealing a staircase in the coffin leading down.

Piedmon watches the events pertaining to Azuma unfold through a crystal ball, partially surprised, but mostly bored.

Piedmon: "Quite the turn of events, don't you think, Baalmon?"

The Sublime Lord steps out of the shadows, attempting to mask its surprise at the dark clown being aware of their presence.

Baalmon: "You have no involvement with the Demon Lords?"

Piedmon: "Of course not. How they allow a megalomanical child to give them orders is beyond me. The original Seraphim & Ophanim of all beings included. How absurd."

Last edited by HarleyThomas on Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:03 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Episode Thirteen: Last Laugh   Episode Thirteen: Last Laugh EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 3:02 am

*Rosemon tentatively approaches AncientMermaimon.*

<Um, hello? You said you're MetalSeadramon's enemy, right? Well, we defeated him. He's not around anymore.>
R"What the fuck?"

D<Should we go?>

R"I dunno. Maybe it would be best to stay & force Piedmon to come to us. Or maybe this is all an illusion. But I don't know if the others will come to the same conclusion, & this useless piece of junk isn't telling me shit."
*Gallantmon looks down at the keychain, casually keeping an eye on the Piedmon & shifting her grip on her weapons so she can maneuver them at a moment's notice, but it doesn't obviously affect her stance. She also leans on the table slightly, in such a way that she can easily transition to a leap if necessary. She tries to keep her tone similarly conversational, with just a hint of condescending boredom.*

<"And what's the point of this supposed to be? The keychains explode when touched? Or is it just some sad attempt at a threat? 'Cause I gotta be honest, nobody ever looked under their bed to make sure a keychain wasn't there. Or maybe this is the closest thing you have to a joke? No wonder you're such a sad, angry clown if you can barely even do cheap slapstick and lousy impressions. C'mon, where's the A-material? Throw a pie, honk your nose, maybe drop your pants. You can show me--I promise I won't laugh at you.">
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: Episode Thirteen: Last Laugh   Episode Thirteen: Last Laugh EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 7:36 pm

*Cameron yells and jerks away from the Kylie look-alike, Biyomon throwing some fire at it*
===
*Eve and Terriermon move towards Puppetmon/Cherrymon to see if they can hear more*
===
*Kylie eventually opens her eyes again, but is still being pretty much dragged by Lunamon*
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: Episode Thirteen: Last Laugh   Episode Thirteen: Last Laugh EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 12:35 am

AncientMermaimon turns towards them, its own face replaced by that of a partially decayed, painted like a mime Aroma's.

???: "YOU DON'T BELONG HERE!"

In the next room, on the front wall is a number of portraits of Azuma, in various states of decay while at the center is a coffin with his name on it.

A worse rendition of himself emerges from the coffin, like the Taiyo-looking thing it too looks like it crawled from the grave after a long period of time, its face painted up like a mime.

Mime!Azuma: "Do you know what the scariest thing is? To not know your place in this world. To not know why you're here. That's - that's just an awful feeling."

Azuma: "My place is-"

Mime!Azuma: "No. You do not yet know your place. But there is a very real possibility you will never know your place as a harbinger of destruction, bringing death to all who surround you. For your sake and the sake of other's it is best that way. Which means your tale will have to come to an end here."

The creature begins sinking into the coffin as water spills out of it, a familiar laughter coming from deep beneath the dark depths of the coffin.

Azuma steps back as the dark form of the Damned Priest rises from the waters.

Dagomon: "I broke you once. This time there will be no pieces to put back together. No Light to protect you."

The Not!Kylie lets out a scream that sounds very much like the person it was made to be, complete with all the smells that would come from spitting fire at her.

The mist clears and Cameron & Biyomon are alone in the hallway with only the smell of burnt hair and flesh.

The Piedmon-looking thing puts the keychain down on the table, maybe giving Euryale the satisfaction that she succeeded in heckling the grotesque clown.

At least until the floor beneath Gallantmon opens up and drops them painfully to a floor below. It's not like every other hallway and room, the white being replaced with the colors of rust and blood. Or perhaps it really is rust and blood.

I wonder if Gallantmon rusts.

They sure can, not that this look into the not so distant past will yield positive results.

Cherrymon: "I can't say. Perhaps the Chosen Children will be your friend."

Puppetmon: "You really think so?"

Puppetmon turns, looking directly at Eve.

Puppetmon: "What do you say? Will you be my friend?"

Down the hallway Hitomi walks, the Piedmon-looking thing Azuma saw appears along the wall, walking alongside her.

Piedmon?: "Keep it up, you're almost there....wherever 'there' may be....probably nowhere."

Hitomi and Salamon break into a run, rushing into a fountain room with three paths to choose from. They go right.

With a flash, Kylie is among those who have had their picture taken in a very invasive manner. Probably the least frightening part of this whole ordeal.

There are three paths. One to the left, another to the right, and another straight ahead beyond the camera.

Piedmon?: "Yes, that sounds like a good idea. Force Piedmon to come to you, see how that goes."

On the ceiling directly above them in the Piedmon-looking thing in coveralls.

Piedmon?: "I have a crowbar if you want to be like another fictional boy blunder."

The two go down the stairs and the hallway they lead to, Taiyo trying to ignore what the mime-looking her said as words are like weapons.

Directly above them, the coverall clad Piedmon-looking thing looks about as if confused.

Piedmon?: "This doesn't look right, not right at all."

They break into a run.

Piedmon: "I assume you brought the artifact."

Baalmon: "Yes. Simple enough to acquire."

Baalmon presents the Dark DigiMemory which Piedmon promptly snatches up.

Piedmon: "I should hope it was easy to acquire. Everyone in that castle was dead!"
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Episode Thirteen: Last Laugh   Episode Thirteen: Last Laugh EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 2:59 am

*Dorumon swiftly Digivolves as much as he can, given the confines of the room. Roatha grins up at the Piedmon, though with a nasty look in his eyes, shaking with fear, rage, or both.*

R"Of course you're not the real thing. He wouldn't come himself, not when he can hide behind traps & tricks. No...you're trying to scare us to mask your own fear."

*Doruwhatevermon blinks at him.*

D<You sure about that? He's the strongest of the Dark Masters, isn't he?>

R"And we're the Chosen Children & their partners, who killed the rest of his friends, & every other obstacle Millenniummon set in our way. Why else would he refuse to fight us when we're at our best?"

D<I dunno...he had us in that cave, didn't he?>

R"Maybe. Or maybe he was afraid he'd cause some of you to digivolve further."
====================================
*Rosemon screams & starts to run away, but after taking a few steps, she abruptly turns around, looking resolute, & surges forward, raising her rapier to parry whatever this thing might try to do to her.*
*Gallantmon flies, marking the spot on the ceiling she fell through, then sets out to explore the area.*
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: Episode Thirteen: Last Laugh   Episode Thirteen: Last Laugh EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 4:47 pm

*Cameron and Biyomon run from the room as quickly as they can, Cameron wiping away some tears from his eyes*
===
*The camera doesn't really bother Kylie after everything that's happened. They choose the path on the left*
===
Terriermon:<Uh...eh?>
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: Episode Thirteen: Last Laugh   Episode Thirteen: Last Laugh EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 12:45 am

When Rosemon turns around, they'll see it's no longer there and they're all alone in the room.

Patamon Digivolves, MagnaAngemon swinging at Dagomon which catches the sword in one of its mouth tentacles while other tentacles lash out and grab MagnaAngemon's arms and legs.

Dagomon: "The heavens will fall as the Knights have fallen. The ocean will reclaim this world as it will reclaim your own. It is inevitable."

Dagomon's tentacles pull at MagnaAngemon who lets out a pained scream.

Azuma: "We defeated you once. We can do it again and again until you stop coming back."

Dagomon: "Darkness is eternal. It exists in all worlds, even those populated by the light. It exists in all hearts. Even yours."

Azuma experiences some pained flashes of events that had transpired previously. Angemon's Slide Digivolution to Devimon.

With a series of cracks, MagnaAngemon reverts to Patamon and falls to the ground, Azuma running to him, the Dark Ocean's lord towering over him.

Dagomon: "The Child of Hope will die hopelessly. But not before I keep my promise of breaking you."

Azuma clutches Patamon, images of past events flashing through his mind as well as images of things to come, both good and bad, the bad images interrupted by a yellow light and a familiar symbol like that of a shooting star.

Azuma: "No. This time, I break you!"

Dagomon recoils as the two are enveloped in light, a computerized voice speaking the words "Biomerge Digivolution."

Patamon: "What's happening?"

Azuma: "Don't worry. We beat it once and we'll do it again and again. A thousand times if that's what it takes."

From the light emerges SlashAngemon who rockets towards the Priest.

A camera snaps their photo, the tears probably making for a bad picture. But maybe Cameron wasn't the most photogenic to begin with.

Beyond the camera is a path as well as one to the left and to the right.

The rust and blood of the hallways soon begin to change being replaced with snow and ice. Much like IceDevimon's lair, there are some poor souls trapped in the ice such as Aroma and Taiyo.

Scratched into the ice of the walls over the two are the words "My love is winter. My love is lost."

In the next room are three paths, one forward, one left, and one right. At the center of the room is a mound of ice featuring none other than Euryale herself.

Puppetmon & Cherrymon begin to approach Eve becoming more and more transparent as they do so until they're gone.

But fear not as they are not alone for they can hear someone behind them raking up the fallen gears.

Progressing down the halls, the white is progressively becomes replaced by rust and blood, their footsteps making a horrible scraping sound. Or maybe that's something else.

Unlike most halls, this one doesn't seem to have an end in sight. And the scraping sound draws nearer and nearer.

Kylie's going to be in for some disappointment as the room she comes to next has no visible exits. On the back wall is a pair of blank purple banners and a version of herself strapped to a St. Andrew's Cross decked out in a body harness. Fortunately for her, this bondagey version of herself isn't in any state of decay, but her face is painted like a mime.

Mime!Kylie: "Why do you run? I know you can hear it. You could hear it ever since The Mistress introduced to the pleasures of pain. It's why you were given that mark. Greed isn't just about monetary gain and other valuables. It can be about wanting anything in excess."

OOC: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is a body harness. Or at least one kind. Enjoy that mental image.

Piedmon?: "Everyone has their gimmicks. You, me, the other Dark Masters, every one of us."

The Piedmon-looking thing produces a crowbar from its toolbelt, how the other tools don't fall out is a mystery.

Piedmon?: "Let me show you another one of mine."

The Piedmon-looking thing sinks into the ceiling and emerges from the floor between the two, striking Dorugamon with the crowbar with enough force to knock him over.

Piedmon?: "That looked like it really hurt."

With a series of cracks and pops, the Piedmon-looking things head spins around to face Roatha, its body following suit with another series of pops like macabre bubble wrap.

Piedmon?: "Tell me, do you think that looked painful? After all the pain you've been through already, I'd hate to fall short."

At the end of the hallway is a room with no visible exits, just a pair of of blank green banners.

The room starts turning blue as the mist seeps in through parts unknown. Within the mist, those of Taiyo's deepest desires appear, Euryale in the heart-pattern bikini acquired in Toy Town and worn prior to their first time at Coela Point and Aroma clad in a green bikini as Taiyo has pictured her in, the two crawling towards her.

With the effects of the mist, Taiyo doesn't notice the Crest of Lust appearing where her own Crest is.

Illusory Euryale & Aroma: "How can you see with all that lust in your eyes?"

As the two approach, the begin sprouting fangs and claws although rather than take them out on Taiyo, the two girls begin to tear and rip each other apart.

The mist fades and Taiyo screams.

Piedmon watches SlashAngemon carve up the Dagomon illusion which simply fades away upon defeat.

Piedmon: "That's an unfortunate turn of events. It was bound to happen, I just didn't want it to happen here."

Baalmon: "You used something he feared most, sooner or later we all overcome our fears."

Piedmon: "I used a tried and true method. Oh well, I and everyone else still emerge the true victor regardless of outcome."

Baalmon: "I see."

Piedmon: "Now then, I have something else to do. You could either watch and learn a thing or two or leave and never be heard from again barring extremely unlikely events."
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Episode Thirteen: Last Laugh   Episode Thirteen: Last Laugh EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 1:27 am

*Roatha palm thrusts him in the face, hoping he's not suspecting it as he's turning. He also has the Digivice tucked into his fingers, in the hopes that the light will burn the illusory Piedmon. Either way, Dorugamon rises defiantly, gripping the Piedmon lookalike in his claws with the aim of lifting him so he can't sink into floor, walls, or ceiling, & biting the back of his head.*

R"As far as gimmicks go, I'd say 'strength in numbers' beats 'wears lousy make-up' any day!"
*Gallantmon stops for a second to stare at herself, degenerating back to human & Rookie in order to concern energy.*

"You're not very good at this, Bozo. I might've fallen for the others if this weren't here."

*Guilmon starts sniffing to see if he can find anything odd.*
*Rosemon stops for just a beat before she keeps going.*
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: Episode Thirteen: Last Laugh   Episode Thirteen: Last Laugh EmptySun Sep 13, 2015 6:21 pm

*Biyomon destroys the camera, then they go off to the left*
===
*Eve walks in the direction of the noise*
===
Kylie:<That's not true!>

*Either way, she falls to her knees. Lunamon stands protectively in front of her and growls*
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: Episode Thirteen: Last Laugh   Episode Thirteen: Last Laugh EmptySun Sep 13, 2015 11:14 pm

The hallway returns to normal the further they go through the cave. Along the walls are pictures of Aroma, the first being the one taken earlier while the rest show the same image, Aroma gradually decaying more and more.

Up ahead, a figure approaches, walking the same pace as Rosemon, until it becomes clear enough to see it is a Rosemon. Whether it's another, an illusion, or maybe even a reflection is anyone's guess until she's directly in front of it.

SlashAngemon descends the stairs left behind in the coffin, reverting to back to Azuma & Patamon.

Patamon: "Is that the last we'll see of Dagomon?"

Azuma: "I don't know."

The halls progressively shift from white to that of rust and blood with no end in sight.

The path begins to change from white to the dull grey of steel and the hum of fluorescent lights. Along the walls are posters they may recognize from Machinedramon's domain, the city of New Fallout.

As well as familiar posters there are unfamiliar posters, faded with age, but still legible. Ones shows a Sealsdramon planting a flag with the symbol of the Metal Empire into a mound of non-mechanical Digimon with the words "Courage Today. Victory Tomorrow." There are less threatening posters as well such as one featuring a close up of a Commandramon's face with a zipper where it's mouth would be with the words "What I know- I keep to myself. Careless talk costs lives!" And another featuring a close up of a Commandramon with the words "Citizens of the New Fallout...This is your friend. They fight for your freedom."

The ice mound cracks and shatters, the Euryale inside standing motionless for a second before taking a few rigged steps forward.

Not!Euryale: "Have you stopped loving the Child of Love? Have you ever loved her? She thinks the world of you and you....might hold her hand once every other day. Do you remember when she was your 'Kitty Cat?' Now what is she, an object you can use and discard on a whim?"

The other Euryale takes a deep breath and exhales, the area becoming noticibly colder.

Not!Euryale: "And what of the Child of Purity? You intend on forming a relationship with her because you think it'll make the Child of Love happy, but you have no concern for the Child of Purity's feelings. I suppose for someone like you, what they think and feel is of no concern compared to what you think they can do for and to you. Why else would you have not even tried to find out if they're okay or even alive?"

All it takes is to turn around to see the Piedmon-looking thing in coveralls raking leaves and gears.

Piedmon?: "A lovely day to do some yard work, isn't it?"

Mime!Kylie: "And what possible other motivation could there be? The love and adoration of others? You've shown no interest in anyone and they're too preoccupied with their own cravings and desires to be with others to consider you. All that is left is the pain you try to shut out knowing full well it is impossible. All you can do is accept, crave, and lust for it. To know only pain and what it truly means to feel alive."

Roatha's hand and the Digivice sink into the things face. There's a burning sensation and then a sharp pain like he stuck his hand into the mouth of a shark and it bit down.

Piedmon?: "Two of you and one of me and the odds are still in my favor. Of course they'll always be in my favor so long as there's a weakest link."

Dorugamon experiences a burning sensation that intensifies as he feels some kind of fluid rush into his mouth.

The Piedmon-looking thing begins to inflate, pushing them away as it gets larger and larger. There'll be more than just a pop when it bursts.

Between the banners now displaying the Crest of Lust is a door. A simple enough white door with gold handles.

???: "Behind this doorway, lies the terrifying and unspeakable secrets of Hell. No one who sees it, lives to describe it. And you shall live in darkness for all eternity."

Taiyo makes no motion to approach the door, backing away from it, until Renamon's hold on her hand tightens.

Renamon: "I'm right here beside you. No matter what Piedmon sends our way, I will be right here. I will always be beside you."

Taiyo: "What if-"

Renamon: "Do not think about what may happen. Think only of what will happen. And what will happen is we will reunite with the others and defeat Piedmon."

Renamon gives Taiyo's hand another reassuring squeeze and they approach the door. Both take a handle and open it up to the darkness inside.

Baalmon watches from afar as Piedmon gathers various ingredients into a metal bowl, a strange symbol painted on the floor where a carpet used to be before being tossed aside.

Baalmon: "You've devised another method of calling upon others?"

Piedmon: "Of course not. The Material World is constantly bombarding this world with data. Most of it useless, but every now and again in the most unlikely of places, there's something useful."

Piedmon ignites the bowl's contents.

Piedmon: “Tlön, Uqbar, Orbis Tertius!”

In a plume of purple fire, Mephistomon emerges in the center of the arcane symbol.

Piedmon: "Enemy of The Priest, I have summoned you for one reason."

Mephistomon: "You play with dark arts, clown. You know what this will cost you."

Piedmon: "A fee I have no intention on paying. I did not call you to hear empty threats and talk of debts. Among the Chosen Children is an instrument of The Priest. Eliminate her."

Mephistomon flashes a toothy grin before disappearing in another plume of flames.

Baalmon: "GranDracmon doesn't lease its servants out on charity work. Was it-"

Piedmon: "I know all about GranDracmon. And I already know Mephistomon's fate. It is the same that we will all one day meet. Why bother paying someone who won't finish the job?"
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Episode Thirteen: Last Laugh   Episode Thirteen: Last Laugh EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 12:37 am

D<Oh, shit, run!>

*Roatha obliges, Dorugamon flying around to snatch him up.*
===================================
*Rosemon frowns at the gross pictures, then tentatively reaches out to poke the other Rosemon in the stomach.*
===================================
*Euryale stares at her twin for a while, then tears form at her eyes. A second later, she throws her head back & it becomes apparent that the tears are from the force of her laughter. She doubles over, clutching her sides. Guilmon looks up, alarmed. She finally opens her eyes & looks around, wiping her face.*

E"You--hahah--you, wherever you are, you really thought this was going to upset me, didn't you?"

*She shakes her head, standing up straight.*

E"Did you think you were the first to try to tell me that my love wasn't real? That it was all just a game, or that I'm only interested in sex? Congratulations on finally making me laugh, Pennywise. Even if it's only 'cause I think you're kind of pathetic."

*And so she begins laughing again, in the fake Euryale's face, coldly, small at first, but rapidly picking up volume. Because laughter is infectious, Guilmon snickers & then starts rolling around on the floor, beating it with his legs, claws, & tail, crying from his uproarious giggles, a stark contrast to Euryale's condescending tone.*
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: Episode Thirteen: Last Laugh   Episode Thirteen: Last Laugh EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 6:42 pm

Terriermon:<Eh? Is this supposed to have some sort of deeper meaning, or just be plain weird?>

*Eve looks around for an exit, while Terriermon keeps his eyes fixed on Piedmon*
===
*Cameron wipes some tears from his eyes as he walks down the hall*

I have to find Kylie and Lunamon...
===
Kylie:<We're all friends, so we care about each other...>

*Kylie's voice trails off at the end as she stares at her knees. Lunamon looks up at her*
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

PostSubject: Re: Episode Thirteen: Last Laugh   Episode Thirteen: Last Laugh EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 9:11 pm

The other Rosemon makes the same gesture, Aroma!Rosemon touching glass rather than stomach. She's poking a mirror.

Mirror!Rosemon: "A mirror never lies.
They know.
Everybody knows.
Do you not see what they see?
A mirror never lies.
I see what they see. Everybody knows. Everybody knows."

While the mirror version of Rosemon speaks, various requests appear on the glass such as....

Love me. Kiss me. Find me. Hate me. Call me. Shoot me. Dig me. Touch me. Wire me. Accept me. Fuck me. Consider me. Get me. Connect me. Reject me. Allow me. Buy me. Sell me. Keep me. Hang me. Discipline me. Believe me. Listen [to] me....and soon the mirror image becomes inverted with the words Kill me. Kill me. Kill me. Kill me. Kill me. Kill me. appearing again and again in red before the mirror image lets out a banshee scream and shatters.

The hall opens up to a room full of cryogenic chambers, the windows too fogged up to see into and the identification numbers at the top worn away by time and indifference.

A Sealsdramon and pair of Commandramon pass through, ignoring if not oblivious to his being there. Machinedramon appearing on a wall mounted television set.

Machinedramon: "Our time has come, the new industrial revolution. A new world full of wonderful machines. Only this time, we do not follow the whims of organic life. We steer ourselves. There is no "Off" switch to our destiny. Join us or get out of the way."

The soldiers ignore the recording for a reason known only to them, the Sealsdramon choosing to recite some propaganda instead.

Sealsdramon: "We are heartless machines. Monuments of malice. God does not exist here. He never has. He is afraid of us."

They make their way down a hallway.

The laughter is probably the only thing keeping them from outright freezing to death, Euryale having it slightly easier than Guilmon who just like in the outside world begins feeling sick.

Not!Euryale opens up its hand a sphere of ice forming, showing Taiyo and Renamon wandering aimlessly in the darkness.

Not!Euryale: "This is where your supposed concern has gotten the one you supposedly love."

The image shifts to Rosemon caught in the above described illusion.

Not!Euryale: "As for this one?"

The other Euryale closes its hand around the sphere, crushing it.

Not!Euryale: "If any of you make it to the conclusion, it's over."

A stomping sound comes from one of the pathways, getting closer.

Not!Euryale: "You're not the only monster in the maze. And you're going to love this one. Chosen specifically for you."

The other melts as ice does while a Minotarumon comes stomping into the room, ice cracking under its feet.

There is only forward unless there's a possibility that a pile of gears and leaves is the exit.

Piedmon?: "If you want to search for it, go right ahead. You'd be doing me a favor. But that would put you in the same boat as the Child of Knowledge. And I don't mean that as a compliment."

In a plume of purple fire, Mephistomon appears before Hitomi, taking a whiff of the air.

Mephistomon: "Darkness and sea water. You have The Priest's stench all over you."

Salamon Digivolves to Ultimate, erecting a paling when the Black Goat charges, although rather than be deflected, it grabs hold, the light searing and burning its flesh and hair and rips through the shield.

Mime!Kylie: "Don't be so daft. Why would they give a damn about you when they're more concerned with their own reindeer games. Doing everything they can to give in to their primal urges regardless of circumstances. Don't you feel left out? You don't have to and I can show you."

Kylie's shoulders where LadyDevimon had whipped and scratched her flare up.

Mime!Kylie: "Doesn't that feel better?"

Roatha's gonna have a bad time with his hand being bloody as Hell, something resembling a sharks tooth sticking out of it while the inside of Dorugamon's mouth tastes and feels burnt.

The Piedmon-looking thing expands further and further and with a pop, explodes in some nauseating fluid, likely the same stuff Dorugamon ingested.

At the end of the hall is a room with a camera which snaps their photo upon entering. Everyone will see the final product soon enough.

There are three paths, left, right, and forwards beyond the camera.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Episode Thirteen: Last Laugh   Episode Thirteen: Last Laugh EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 12:46 am

*Euryale biomerges once more, stabbing the Minotaurmon with a lightning-charged lance.*

<"Only an Ultimate level? You're getting worse, Piemon.">
R"Well...that could've gone better."

<We could wait, try to draw Piedmon out again.>

R"I don't think that's gonna work. See if you can sniff out the others."

*So he does so.*
==================================
*Even Aroma expected this too much to jump more than a couple of inches. She decides to keep going.*
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: Episode Thirteen: Last Laugh   Episode Thirteen: Last Laugh EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 3:19 pm

*Kylie cries out and grasps at her shoulders. Lunamon uses Tear Shot on the fake Kylie*

Lunamon:<Come on, let's go back and try a different path!>

*Kylie doesn't move*
===
*Cameron and Biyomon follow*
===
Terriermon:<What? I'm already in the same boat as Eve.>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Episode Thirteen: Last Laugh   Episode Thirteen: Last Laugh Empty

Back to top Go down

Episode Thirteen: Last Laugh
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next