Neo's RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Neo's RP

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Silver Skeleton.

Go down 
+2
Seraph
Script-Z
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Script-Z

Script-Z

The Silver Skeleton. Empty
PostSubject: The Silver Skeleton.   The Silver Skeleton. EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 8:24 pm

~Aldecia: Near the southern Opimae border~

The Queen of Rae, and the King of Salis ride at the center of a small caravan of armed guards and political officials. Riding behind them is Rae's highest ranking adviser, and the personal guard of the King of Salis, Senthose, and Levin respectively. The monarchs, cousins, have been bickering for the past mile and a half, but have seemed to ease into an agreement about not liking the trip. Noctis looked at Zac, and said, "I just don't understand why we couldn't stay in Rae. This is the first time the Circle will have ever met outside of the capital."

Zac shrugged, "Your capital, not THE capital. Anyway, it can't be helped, Niklis is on his death bed and can't make the trip anymore. Besides, it isn't like you've ever made Rae very inviting."

"No, no, it is THE capital. And is this about the dock thing? Listen, you're not getting your own personal dock. We're out here on regular roads, not kingly roads. Besides, that has nothing to do with Metalbeard."

"I'm going to ignore that the roads that connect the capitals are called the King Roads." Zac looked up at the sky, "The sun is setting, where do we plan to rest for the day?"

"We're coming up on a village that will house us," Noct said, "They're supposedly well known for their reliquaries, something about a golem."

"Ah, the Sacred Stone Tavern, I've heard about them," Zac replied, "They're also well known for their ale."

~Sacred Stone Tavern~

The Sacred Stone Tavern is a sturdy building nestled into the southern tip of a small town of about fifty or so homes with a few shops lining what could be considered its main street. The tavern's eastern wall, as well as its chimney seems to be carved straight out of a colossal boulder, and is prized for its ale, and relics to a beatified stone golem. The usual patron to the tavern are the locals, who are almost exclusively dwarven, and predominately field workers. The village's location, about a week's journey away from the closest city, makes the tavern a beacon for travel weary adventurers who's presence always adds a unique flavor to the atmosphere.

Sitting at the bar is Rygar, either enjoying a pint of ale, or questioning the tavern master, Madge, about the person he is currently looking for, or, perhaps still, here to enjoy the relics of a stone golem blessed by Torag.

Also at the tavern was Namond, who's spiritual journey through Aldecia has found him at the Sacred Stone, observing the hustle and bustle of life.

Verano Delacroix, undead hunter extraordinaire, or at the very least undead hunter, was drawn to the Sacred Stone by rumors surrounding the local aqueduct. These rumors include witness accounts of a silver skeleton roaming around the aqueduct, anyone trying to approach the skeleton claims they were immediately caught in a trap and watched in horror as the skeleton floated, not walked, away down the halls. They also blame the skeleton for the issues with the water supply, the issue being a lack of a water supply, but most blame that on the kobold infestation, they also blame the traps on them too, but that is neither here nor there.

Verano, should his ears be tuned to the far corner of the room, will hear a conversation between one Marcus Draco, sell sword extraordinaire, and a comely human woman. "Thank you for coming Marcus, I heard about you from a friend of mine. He says you're as effective as you are discreet, so here is my proposition. In the aqueduct there is a silver skeleton, I'm willing to pay ten thousand gold if you can eliminate it, I would be willing to pay more if you have to hire on a group of warriors to assist you."

~About a quarter mile away from the Sacred Stone Tavern~

Jeanne is walking about five feet behind Iliad Bell, PIRATE WOMAN EXTRAORDINAIRE! No really, Iliad is a fairly well known pirate, captain of the Knife Ear, a Man-o-war that sails the God's Lake, preying upon trading ships. Jeanne has said pirate bound at the wrists, with a leather leash of about ten feet extending behind her, which Jeanne is holding tightly. "You know, you crazy, psycho bitch, I've done nothing wrong to Sarenrae. You're not bound to take me anywhere."

"This isn't about Sarenrae," Jeanne said, "I'm taking you to Rae to answer for your crimes."

"To Rae?! We walked the entire southern coast of Aldecia so you could take me to Rae?!" Iliad asked, "Why didn't you take the God's Lake? Not that I want to quicken my trip to the gallows, but damn it woman we've been walking for about a month."

"Because you own that lake, and I don't trust any sailor to see me to the capital safely," Jeanne replied.

Iliad smiled, "I don't know if I own the lake, but I thank you for the flattery." Iliad let out a small sigh, "Well, it looks like we're coming up on a town, perhaps we can actually stay at an inn, get something that you didn't bludgeon to death for food, assuming it was indeed food... For all I know you could have been feeding me leather boots and I honestly would be none the wiser considering your culinary skills."

"Shut up, would you..."

About fifty yards behind these two walks Euryale, presumably on her way to do some impromptu monking at the upcoming town. She can tell that Jeanne is a paladin of Sarenrae, but she cannot tell who her traveling companion is.

About fifty yards in front of Jeanne and Iliad walks Cale, who I've saved for last because I can't figure out what the crap he would be doing. There is a lake though, he should look at that bitchin' lake with the sun setting across it. Looks majestic as hell.
Back to top Go down
http://script-z.deviantart.com
Seraph

Seraph

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Skeleton.   The Silver Skeleton. EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 8:31 pm

Levin more or less had remained silently as he rode alongside Zac and Noctis. "I don't like this... its too open."
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Skeleton.   The Silver Skeleton. EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 8:59 pm

*Namond sits quietly, thinking what to order*

Namond:[ This place is known for their ale, but I'm not the biggest drinker.]
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Unyielding Force of Thoroughbred Penis
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Skeleton.   The Silver Skeleton. EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 9:35 pm

*All Euryale can do is keep walking.*
================================
"Open is good. It makes it more difficult to be ambushed. And I can see my targets."
Back to top Go down
https://neon.rpg-board.net
Dego

Dego

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Skeleton.   The Silver Skeleton. EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 9:57 pm

Verano toys with his drink, considering the rumours. He is, habitually, alert to things around him and listens in turn to most of the conversations. Perking up a bit at the mention of the skeleton he considers the man being hired. The man looks competant enough, maybe, but no need to bother jumping on anything just yet.

Leaning back in his chair he takes a long drink, still listening to the noise around him.

=======================================

Cale is cheerfully singing to himself as he walks alongside his donkey, toying with the silver icon of Desna in his hand. It catches the light just so and he stops short. Lifting it in front of him he lets the setting sun glint off it and his eyes go wide with delight, grinning.

He continues his song, a tale of a wandering minstrel stumbling from pans into fires, coming through by the whim of the gods he amuses. Cale never quite realized it was supposed to be mean humor about those with heads in the cloud and no common sense.
Back to top Go down
Azena

Azena

Quote : The next time I want to kill someone, how about you just let me

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Skeleton.   The Silver Skeleton. EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 5:16 am

*The Sacred Stone Tavern, an excellent place for any dwarf, especially one trying to lay low. If there was any place to find his rogue dwarf, Rygar knew this was the place. The golems only increased his certainty of it, his path was being guided by Torag. Rygar leaned over his pint of real dwarven ale and talked softly to the tavern master.*

Rygar: "I'm looking for a dwarf. Wouldn't be from around here. Young lad, no beard, buzzed hair. He's a street rat from the city, so likely won't be dressed well. Seen anyone like that?"

----------------------------------------------------

*Every step he took gave him a bad feeling. The Sacred Stone Tavern was used to dwarves. Marcus stood out like a sore thumb. Keeping his presence secret would be much harder than usual. He listened to the proposition from the woman and couldn't help but to perk up at the offer of ten thousand.*

Marcus: "A silver skeleton? Do you know anything about it?"
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/mynameisgarrus
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Skeleton.   The Silver Skeleton. EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 10:19 am

~Royal caravan~

Noctis smiled and looked behind, "Exactly. It is impossible to be ambushed on such an open area. Anyone attacking would need an army, to get past the hail of arrows between the horizon and us."

Zac looked back as well, "Don't worry yourself, Levin. We're fine along these roads, they are the same that King Niklis uses himself when he travels to Rae." Zac turned his gaze forward just in time to spy the village come into view as they came over a small hill. "And besides, it appears we've already arrived."

~Sacred Stone Tavern~

Madge nodded slightly, wiping a mug down with a rag, "You know, I think I did see a young one like that come through here not too long ago." Madge shifted his weight onto one foot and put the mug down on the bar, "Why, what's it to ya'?"

--

"It is powered by very dark magic, a ring... or so I'm told," The woman said, "Necromancy is sure to be involved, and it stalks the aqueduct. It isn't hard to understand that dark magic and the town's water supply shouldn't be mixed." The woman's eyes passed along the room, landing on Verano's for a second, but continuing over to the rest of the tavern, and returning to Marcus. "So, will you do it?"

--

A dwarf, Patty, a regular of the tavern, notices Namond sitting alone and smiles wide, "Hey there, Gnome boy. What brings you this way?" She asked, taking a seat at Namond's table.

~Edge of town~

Cale walks into town first, and notices that the town seems to be preparing to go to sleep. Shops are being closed, doors locked, and pillows fluffed. He also notices a few of the townsfolk heading to one of the few buildings still well lit. From the muffled roar barely escaping its walls, Cale can tell that the building must be an alehouse.

Iliad also notices the alehouse and looks over her shoulder at Jeanne with puppy dog eyes, "Can we pleeeeease go in and get something to drink?"

"No, we're not stopping here," Jeanne said, "We've got to keep moving."

Iliad's expression soured, "No, that is where I draw the line. This is the first town we've come across in a week, so you're out of your goddamn mind if you think I'm going to pass up a chance to down a pint." At this point Iliad noticed Euryale, who was considerably closer now, just outside of earshot. Iliad smiled and waved at her, "Hello there, my friend and I were wondering if you perhaps wanted to join us for a few rounds of ale at the tavern."

Jeanne reacted to Iliad's sudden movement by yanking on the leash, causing her to jerk to the side due to a lack of any kind of resistance, and nearly fall over. "When did you get--?"

"You'll have to forgive her overzealousness," Iliad said, "She is trying to learn how to use a whip, but she can't find an actual one so she keeps using some leather strap."
Back to top Go down
Azena

Azena

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Skeleton.   The Silver Skeleton. EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 10:37 am

*Rygar leans forward, his nose only inches from Madge like he's going to reveal a life changing secret.*

Rygar: "He owes a very large debt and I'm here to collect."

*Rygar leans back and downs his pint. He wipes the foam from his mouth and slams it back on the counter, a habit of many dwarves.*

Rygar: "So, any idea where he is now?"

---------------------------------------

Marcus: "I didn't come all this way just to say no to necromancy."

*Marcus smiles and stands up.*

Marcus: "I think I'll go take a look at this skeleton."

*He grabs his greatsword that he had leaned up against the wall and strapped it onto his back before heading towards the door.*
Back to top Go down
Seraph

Seraph

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Skeleton.   The Silver Skeleton. EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 11:14 am

"It also means we have no cover as well" Levin sighed.

"I'm over thinking things again..."
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Skeleton.   The Silver Skeleton. EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 8:15 pm

*Euryale looked on, confused. She thought of accepting the offer, then she recognized Illiad as a wanted pirate. Whom, she just realized, has more-or-less escaped captivity. Then, suddenly, implications were implied. It was a lot to take in.*

"Umm...what?"
======================================
*Senthose says nothing.*
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Skeleton.   The Silver Skeleton. EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 10:41 pm

Namond:< Oh, nothing much. Just traveling around.>

*Namond shrugs*
Back to top Go down
Dego

Dego

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Skeleton.   The Silver Skeleton. EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 4:36 pm

Verano took a short time to finish his drink, then rose and left after the sellsword. If he was gonna go wander off with that big sword of his, Delacroix figured the distraction would let him watch safely and possibly get the drop on this 'silver skeleton'.

=================================

Cale glances back at the rest people who had entered town on the road he had traveled, amused he hadn't noticed them while traveling. The lake was rather entrancing.

"Hello fellow travelers!" He walked up to them, noting the leash and offering a short bow to Jeanne. "Ah, Lady Paladin. I would be delighted to share a drink with you and your companion, if you're willing to indulge her request. I will help you keep track of her if it lets you relax a moment." He offers a wide grin.
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Skeleton.   The Silver Skeleton. EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 11:36 pm

~Royal Camp~

By the time Senthose, Noctis, Zac and Levin get to town they find that a camp has already been set up for the night consisting of three large tents, and a few dozen smaller ones about twenty yards outside of town.

As Zac began to make his way over to his tent he noticed Noct was continuing on into town, "Where are you going?"

"To the Sacred Stone, you said they had good ale," Noct said casually.

"Yes but why are you going alone?" Zac asked, "To that end, why go at all, just send someone to get you ale."

"Quit being so paranoid, besides I'm taking Senthose."

Zac let out a sigh, "Levin, please go with her, keep her safe."

~Sacred Stone Tavern~

The woman stood up, "Hey, wait, don't leave yet. Do you even know how to get to there? Or what you'll be facing when you do?"

--

"I might have an idea, and I might be willing to share, but first you'll have to scratch my back," Madge said, "There is a kobold infestation down at the aqueduct. They've dammed the damn thing up, and now the supply of fresh water to the town is low, worse yet, it is interfering with my ability to produce ale. If you were to clear that up I'd be inclined to tell you anything you wanted to know."

--

"Just travelin', eh?" Patty smiled, "Well then, traveler, have you tried some of Madge's secret ale?"

~Edge of Town~

Iliad looked back at the Halfling, and frowned, "I don't know whether to be proud, or upset that I'm well known in Aldecia."

Jeanne smiled at Cale, then shot Iliad a look, "I would very much like a drink, now that I have someone else to help me look after you."

Iliad let out a sigh, "Fine, fine... I'm sure I've had worse drinking partners than a Paladin hellbent on marching me to the gallows. Maybe. Probably." She then turned back to Euryale, "So, how about it? Interested in a few drinks?"
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Skeleton.   The Silver Skeleton. EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 11:53 pm

"I'm beginning to think you don't trust me. How very, very tragic. Why, I am the epitome of responsibility...how many drinks do you suppose it will take before this guy passes out?"

*He turns to Noctis & jerks his thumb at Levin.*
===================================
*Euryale considers this.*

"Okay. But only to help Miss...Paladin Lady."
Back to top Go down
Seraph

Seraph

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Skeleton.   The Silver Skeleton. EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 12:32 am

"I'd rather not find out" Levin rises from his spot and walks over to Noctis's side.

"You aren't exactly trust worthy looking. I hear there's a belt that'll help with that."
Back to top Go down
Azena

Azena

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Skeleton.   The Silver Skeleton. EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 6:47 am

*Rygar scoffs at the proposition.*

Rygar: "I'm no sellsword...but i cant ignore dwarves' problems. Where is your aqueduct? I'll take care of this, but you should do well to keep that dwarf in town."

Marcus: "I like surprises. But, it couldn't hurt."
Back to top Go down
Dego

Dego

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Skeleton.   The Silver Skeleton. EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 7:21 am

"Excellent! Let us be merry and enjoy life!" Cale turned for the tavern, whistling.

============================

Verano didn't leave then I suppose.
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Skeleton.   The Silver Skeleton. EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 8:56 am

Namond:< Nope, I haven't. I was just thinking of what to have.>
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Skeleton.   The Silver Skeleton. EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 11:28 am

~Royal Camp~

"I know you Levin, but realize that I'm not Zac," Noct said, walking off towards the tavern, "I'll have you strung up and deal with a pissed off Zac later, so keep any negative opinions you may have about my friend, and personal adviser to yourself." Noct then looked at Senthose, "I'd say he has about three pints in him before blacking out."

~The Sacred Stone~

Patty smiled wide and smacked Namond on the back, "Then it is decided! I'll go get you a pint!" She stood up and made her way over to the bar.

Madge shrugs, "Come now, I never meant to imply you were a common mercenary. Just asking for a favor from a brother of stone." Madge goes back to cleaning mugs, "As for the aqueduct--"

At this point Patty comes strollin' up, Dwarf cleavage hangin' out, "I'll take a pint of some of your special brew, Madge, for the young gnome over there."

Madge smiled wide, and began pouring a pint of ale. After handing it off to Patty he leaned closer to Rygar with a wry smile and said, "Take a look at the Gnome, its sure to be a show."

Patty returns with the drink and sets it down in front of Namond, "There you go, boy. Throw your head back and take a swig, you have the best ale in the house tonight!"

--

The woman eyes Verano stand and sit back down in lockstep with Marcus, but doesn't say anything on the matter. Sitting back down herself, she looks at Marcus, "The aqueduct is to the north, through a small wood. It is currently taken over by a band of kobolds."

~Outside the Sacred Stone Tavern~

Iliad was simply happy to be getting a damn drink, even if it was under the watchful eyes of a Paladin, awkward monk, and crazy little halfling. Speaking of which, she liked his attitude, "Yes, come, let us simply live. You never know when your opportunity to do so may come to an end."

Jeanne let out a small sigh and followed Iliad to the tavern. Looking back over her shoulder she said, "My name is Jeanne, and I thank you for the help." When she turned her head forward she nearly paled. Quickly she ran up behind Iliad, grabbed her by her shoulder and forced them both to kneel, "Your Grace, Queen Noctis."

Noct looked over at the pair a bit absentmindedly, "Huh, oh. Please, rise, no need for such formalities, I plan to be beside myself before long, no need to act so royally now."

Jeanne stood, but forced Iliad to stay on her knees, "I present you with the wanted pirate, Iliad Bell. I ask that she be spared the gallows and allowed to live the rest of her days in the dungeons."

Noctis smiled and bent over to get a look at Iliad, "I'll do you one better. Iliad, stand up." Iliad did. "I, Noctis Talea, by virtue of royal decree, do hereby free Iliad Bell of all charges of piracy. Free to live your life within the law of the land as any free citizen of Teren."

Iliad shrugged Jeanne's hand off her shoulder, and smiled, "It is good to see you again, Noctis. I assume all is well."

Jeanne was shocked, "I, she, what?!"

Iliad turned around, "The queen and I go way back. Did you really think I'd let you simply march me to my death? I've been waiting to see this look on your face since we passed into Aldecia, and I've got to say, it doesn't disappoint. Now, how about those drinks?"
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Skeleton.   The Silver Skeleton. EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 11:36 am

Namond:< I'm really not one for drinking.>

*Namond takes a small sip*
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Skeleton.   The Silver Skeleton. EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 11:49 am

S"I put 10 gold on 2.5 or less."

*Then things happened, so Senthose patted Jeanne on the back.*

S"Oh, that must be disappointing, see, if you want to get rid of someone, you have to do the deed yourself. Not that I am dissatisfied with this course of events. It would be a shame to let someone with such...graceful presence rot away in some dungeon. If you ask me, what you ought to have done was work a little charm, make yourself look less like prison guard & more like nice, accommodating caregiver. Then, acquire generously donated pirate gold."

E"...Are you evil?"

S"Plausible deniability."
Back to top Go down
Seraph

Seraph

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Skeleton.   The Silver Skeleton. EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 12:06 pm

"Can we stop betting on how many drinks it takes for me to pass out?" Levin sighed.

~~~~~~~~

"Is this a wise course of action Noctis?"
Back to top Go down
Dego

Dego

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Skeleton.   The Silver Skeleton. EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 6:34 am

Cale clapped with enthusiasm. "Delightful! No looming punishment, no need to worry about her running off because she's in her rights to do so! I do love a happy ending. All the more reason to be merry. I pray the dear Monarch will be joining us? Such a night this will be!"

========================================

Kobolds. Wonderful. Nasty little midgets with a penchant for traps and ambushes. Verano sighed a bit to himself, listening but looking elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
Azena

Azena

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Skeleton.   The Silver Skeleton. EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 9:30 am

OOC: Internet is crappy here. Lost my original post, so here's my crappy one.

*Marcus sighed at the thought.*

Marcus: "Perhaps, I will need a little help."

*Marcus looked around at his prospects.*

----------------------------------------------------------

Rygar: "Quit being such a Gnome. This here's a Dwarf tavern, drink up like a Dwarf."
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Skeleton.   The Silver Skeleton. EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 3:59 pm

Namond:< I'd really rather take it slow. I don't drink that often.>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Silver Skeleton.   The Silver Skeleton. Empty

Back to top Go down

The Silver Skeleton.
Page 1 of 13Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Neo's RP :: Completed RPGs :: A Cruel and Angry God-
Jump to: