Neo's RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Neo's RP

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Year One

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

Quote : My dreams are higher than the fucking sky!

Year One Empty
PostSubject: Year One   Year One EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 12:17 am

News Anchor: "Good morning, people of Manderlay. I'm Robert Housing filling in for Andrew Fisk today to bring you your morning news. This summer is still the mildest we've had in years with a chance of rain on the weekend.

In other news, Manderlay PD arrested three members of the Tyranno Boys gang after commiting a double homicide. The three gang members identities have yet to be released leaving everyone to wonder if they're Human or Mutant.

In sports news, the Manderlay Braves take their first win of the season after suffering repeated loses.

And for the all the kids out there, there's only three weeks left of the school year before you can fully enjoy this great weather we've been having"

=================================

It's Tuesday morning, and Azuma is dragging himself out of the apartment half-awake. His surrogate parents already gone to their respective jobs leaving him to fend for himself for the day.

Mimiru: "Morning, mutt."

Azuma: "Morning, broseph. Sleep well?"

Mimiru: "Better if I had some respectable neighbors rather than the Idiot Brothers."

Azuma: "Nice to be living next door to you too."

Across town, Taiyo awakes with a stretch and a yawn, a black and grey ahort haired cat mimicing her movements or perhaps the other way around.

Taiyo: "Good morning, kitty."

The cat rubs its head against Taiyo's cheek, both of them purring.

Hitomi stares into a mostly empty glass bowl, a small pool of milk sitting at the bottom. She deposits her dishes in the kitchen sink and leaves.
Back to top Go down
Astarte

Astarte

Quote : I'm not the necrophiliac Arthur Chase - That's a different Arthur Chase.

Year One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Year One   Year One EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 1:43 am

Dalia had already washed, dressed herself and eaten breakfast by now. Her parents would not awaken for another hour or two, so Dalia turned off the television and locked the door behind her as she left the house to begin a leisurely walk to school.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Unyielding Force of Thoroughbred Penis
Neo Bahamut

Year One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Year One   Year One EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 6:36 am

*Venezuela uncurls from the pile of blankets & pillow that she uses as a bed. Smacking her lips, she heads over to eat her cereal. Her circumstances had long forced her to drop out, but she had to go into work today.*
=========================================
*Thiera is watching the news while eating toast.*
=========================================
*Aroma wakes up & immediately attempts to tame the chaos of her bed head.*
Back to top Go down
https://neon.rpg-board.net
Leafy

Leafy

Year One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Year One   Year One EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 7:10 am

*Eve combs her hair, before turning off the bathroom light and exiting the room. She can barely hear a television playing a few rooms away*

Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

Year One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Year One   Year One EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 4:58 pm

For those who are outside, multiple vehicles carrying construction equipment and materials pass by heading east. For those who are indoors, there are no new developments. Just recaps and commercials.

Azuma: "What could they possibly want to build here? City is too damn crowded as is."

Mimiru: "Probably more condos. Can't get enough of those."

=====================================================

From the south two police cruisers with their sirens wailing and an armored van with a large MB in a shield pass by Dalia.

Male Bystander: "A Mutant Buster van? Does that mean there's been another Mutant attack?"

Male Bystander Two: "Probably not. They just deploy a unit just in case. If there isn't a Mutant involved they just go home. A real waste of taxpayer dollars."
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

Year One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Year One   Year One EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 5:36 pm

*Ven notes the construction equipment, gives no fuck, & continues on to work.*
===========================================
*Thiera finishes getting ready & leaves the house.*
===========================================
*As does Aroma.*
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

Year One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Year One   Year One EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 7:41 pm

*Eve grabs her bag and walks towards the door*

Eve:<I'm heading to school!>

*Eve exits without waiting for an answer*
Back to top Go down
Astarte

Astarte

Quote : I'm not the necrophiliac Arthur Chase - That's a different Arthur Chase.

Year One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Year One   Year One EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 12:55 am

Dalia paused to watch the vehicles pass by, easily hiding her mild concern, before continuing on her walk.
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

Year One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Year One   Year One EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 1:48 am

The police cruisers and Mutant Busters van pass Azuma & Mimiru and eventually Ven before turning a corner near her.

Azuma: "Never a dull day in Manderlay."

Mimiru: "For now. You should be grateful they're only after criminals so far."

Azuma: "And why should I in particular be grateful for that?"

Mimiru: "(Because you'll probably be the one to ruin this for everyone. All it takes is one slip up or worse and they'll hunt us regardless.)"

Azuma: "It sounds like you put a lot of thought into this. Unless this is some kind of misandrist rant against myself."

Mimiru: "A bit of both."

The two pass Hitomi as she leaves her home, Azuma nodding in her direction, Mimiru not noticing her.

=======================================

Taiyo: "Bye, mom! Bye, dad! Bye, Kitters!"

Her parents say their farewells as Taiyo leaves her home, passing Aroma on her way.

======================================

During her travels, Thiera passes a couple of people talking about the construction across town.

Male Civilian: "So you hear about what's going on across town?"

Male Civilian Two: "Yeah. Heard some big shot company from the east coast is expanding into Manderlay. For the life of me, I don't know why. Mutants and gangsters crawling all over the place you'd think they'd steer clear of this place."

Male Civilian: "Maybe if we're lucky they'll do something about the Mutant problem. Been hearing there have been some sitings in other parts of the country."

Male Civilian Two: "Damn. Next thing you know they'll outnumber us."

Male Civilian: "Nah. Philips is ahead in the polls last I heard. You know, 'No More Mutants' and all that."

Male Civilian Two: "Just because more people like him presently doesn't mean he's guaranteed to win."

======================================

By some contrived coincidence, Eve and Dalia find themselves on the same block. On a corner in some parking lot is a campaign billboard showing a middle aged white male with short dark hair in a grey suit with the words No More Mutants.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

Year One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Year One   Year One EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 2:51 am

*Thiera takes a deep breath & walks up to them.*

"I have a question. What if that man's slogan was 'No More Darkies' or 'No More Jews'? Would you still feel as good about him winning?"
========================================
*Aroma looks at the ground as she passes. She thought about waving, but even though it hadn't happened for years, she couldn't get the image of holding up her hand only for a burst of silk to come flying out of it out of her head.*
*Venezuela does her best not to cringe as it goes past, & listens to make sure it went past.*
Back to top Go down
Astarte

Astarte

Year One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Year One   Year One EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 5:02 am

Dalia briefly looked at the sign as she passed it and continued on without comment.
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

Year One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Year One   Year One EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 10:45 am

*Eve glares at the sign, but continues on to school, not wanting to be late*

<Some people just don't get it.>
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

Year One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Year One   Year One EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 4:02 pm

The pair arrive at the school, Hitomi a ways behind them. Sometime later Taiyo and Aroma do too. Hitomi heads inside while Azuma and Mimiru talk under a tree in front of the school, Taiyo talking to other students.

Mimiru: "Three more weeks of this? Is it a cliché to want school to end as soon as possible?"

Azuma: "Yes, I believe it is."

==================================================

Male Civilian: "Have either of those groups gone to show they're threats to us? Robbery at a convenience store two weeks ago by a Mutant resulted in two deaths. We wouldn't need an additional branch on the police force if they weren't a threat."

The can passes, but the police cruisers do not. They stopped outside a real scuzzy looking apartment building, three cops going in while another hangs back, talking on the radio.

The walk is pretty uneventful still and I'm gonna leave it at that due to potential character interaction.
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

Year One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Year One   Year One EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 4:17 pm

*Eve, noticing Dalla, waves at her*

<Morning.>
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

Year One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Year One   Year One EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 5:51 pm

"I recognize that some, perhaps even many Mutants can be dangerous, but I find the slogan's implications disturbing. What if we were to find out that a person could give birth to a mutant, without actually being a mutant him or her self? What would he do, in that case, to make sure there are 'No More Mutants'? Wouldn't 'No More Mutant Crime' be a much better platform?"
==========================================
*Aroma crosses her arms at her stomach & heads quietly to class.*
==========================================
*Venezuela keeps going.*
Back to top Go down
Astarte

Astarte

Year One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Year One   Year One EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 9:58 pm

Dalia turned to Eve and returned the gesture, but before she could say 'good morning', a well-endowed Asian girl wearing a tank top and baggy camouflage pants shoulder-checked Eve and Dalia at high speed before crashing into a road sign and falling over. When she looked up, she found Dalia glaring down at her as she readjusted her glasses.
"Sorry! Very sorry!" Jin stammered as she sprang up to her feet. "I was just running to school, and there was a scary dog, and... Sorry! I'll be on my way!"
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

Year One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Year One   Year One EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 2:52 am

Those who are at school are sitting in their first period classes. Azuma and Mimiru are in math, Taiyo clothing, Hitomi in science, and Aroma in social studies the teacher giving a lecture on xenophobia and hate making it rather obvious that he's not a fan of Henry Philips.

As she makes her way to work, Ven passes two men talking about the current situation with the police.

Male: "A buddy of mine lives in this building. Knew for a good long time his neighbors had a meth lab going but nothing was done about it. Until now when they damn near blew the place up."

Male Two: "Meth? Shit, this city is going to hell. You'd think now that the Mutant Busters are here the rest of the police would clean up the drugs and other bullshit."

Male: " Don't get so confident. Half of the MPD are dirty and the other half wants nothing to do with the other."

At work her boss, a redheaded Irishman named George Tillie is at the front door with an unfamiliar male with shoulder length blond hair in a ball cap, cargo shorts, and a t-shirt.

George: "Mornin' Ven, meet the new recruit, William Liddle."

Male Civilian: "That's something you'd have to take up with his campaign manager."

=======================================================

Someone running head first into a sign is enough to attract some attention from nearby pedestrians who either thought the sight was funny or are generally concerned. Those who saw how fast the one who ran into the sign make short work of leaving the area. Some more obvious than others.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

Year One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Year One   Year One EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 3:03 am

"I just think it's important to know what you're supporting."

*She glances at the nearest clock.*

"Oh, shoot, I'm late for class. I'm sorry, I have to go."
==================================
"Uhh...hello."
==================================
*Aroma allows herself to smile & relax a little.*
Back to top Go down
Astarte

Astarte

Year One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Year One   Year One EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 3:18 am

Jin looked around, seeming almost oblivious to the attention, before jogging towards the school at a much calmer pace. Dalia had noticed the attention Jin brought on them and was now feeling quite nervous.
"We're late." Dalia said quietly, before continuing the walk to school.
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

Year One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Year One   Year One EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 9:14 am

*Eve struggles up*

<Of course, now I'm going to be late, for the first time ever.>

*Eve runs towards school*
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

Year One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Year One   Year One EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 4:34 pm

Azuma asks to be excused from the class as math is not his strong point especially first thing in the morning. Wandering the halls, he sees the four stranglers wander in when first period is more than half over.

Meanwhile in Aroma's class:

Teacher: "It's absolutely appaling! Crime involving Mutants begins to rise and suddenly an entire race is up on the chopping block. The parrallels between this and another widely supported act of hate are impossible to ignore. Next Mutants will be asked to register with the government 'for their own safety'."

William: "Nice to meet you...Ven?"

He extends his hand out to her.
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

Year One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Year One   Year One EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 4:50 pm

*Eve heads to the office to sign in, nodding at anyone she passes*

[How the hell am I this late? I left at normal time, and I wasn't walking slowly.]
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

Year One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Year One   Year One EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 6:43 pm

*Assuming Thiera is one of the stragglers, she apologizes to the teacher if s/he says anything, finds her seat, & begins catching up on the assigned work. Luckily, she did most of it ahead of time.*
=====================================
*She reluctantly takes his hand & shakes it.*

"Venezuela, but I will answer to Ven."
=====================================
*Aroma now begins to worry again.*
Back to top Go down
Astarte

Astarte

Year One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Year One   Year One EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 8:01 pm

Dalia and Jin signed in before heading to their class. The two of them would have a Health and Physiology class, which Dalia expected to be starting a unit on sexual education. Neither of them spoke to each other on the way to class.
Back to top Go down
HarleyThomas

HarleyThomas

Year One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Year One   Year One EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 11:48 pm

Period one ends and the halls fill with students, pushing and shoving their way around. One bumps into Mimiru.

Student: "Watch it, dyke."

Her fists clench then unclench when Azuma puts a hand on her shoulder.

Azuma: "Get him after school. Just show a little restraint."

While going through the halls, Taiyo bumps into Aroma.

Taiyo: "Sorry!"

A surprised look appears on William's face for a moment.

William: "Pleased to meet you."

George: "All right, now that the formalities are out of the way, we got a call on a dog running loose around East May Memorial High. Ven, this'll be a good way to show William the ropes. And also how we do things around here."

He laughs a bit, amused by his own joke. William laughs a little just to be polite.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Year One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Year One   Year One Empty

Back to top Go down

Year One
Page 1 of 18Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next