Neo's RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Neo's RP

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Cruel and Angry God.

Go down 
+3
Azena
Neo Bahamut
Script-Z
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Script-Z

Script-Z

A Cruel and Angry God. Empty
PostSubject: A Cruel and Angry God.   A Cruel and Angry God. EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 3:11 am

Link:

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

This site will help you find out anything you need to know about the rules of the game. For simplicity's sake I will pick out a few pages within the site that will be important, though I suggest spending some time on the site, familiarizing yourself with terms, and mechanics.

Classes: We will only be using those listed under Core Classes, and Base Classes. After a certain point in the RP I will allow players to take a Prestige Class.

Feats: Feats are the most blatant way to personalize, and develop a unique character after picking a class. Characters earn one feat for every two levels they earn starting at first level. Put simply, at level one a character has one feat, at level three a character has two feats, at level five a character has three feats, and so on.

Races: Another way to differentiate a character is through race. While every character is different, cultural aspects should be taken into account. For instance, an Elf very well could be best friends forever with an Orc, but the Elf should realize that he is odd for it, and understand that other Elves would look down on his BFF.

Armor: Different classes are proficient in different types of armor, the types of armor your class can use will be shown on that class' page. Armors can come in Masterwork, which is an enhanced version of the same armor, and can come in different materials, which have different effects depending on the material used, but once armor is made, or bought it cannot be changed. A masterwork armor must be created as masterwork, and not added after the fact.

Weapons: Same as armor.

World:

Teren:
The country of Teren is one of tenuous peace. Once separated as three individual kingdoms, Teren suffered through a tumultuous war, known as the Border War, unifying the country under one banner. Teren, officially called the Terran Union of Kingdoms, is now ruled under the law of a single council, made up of four members, called the Circle of the Equals, sometimes referred to as the Four New Kings. Three member have sovereignty over one of the three former kingdoms, which now act as member states, and the last member reigns over the capital. After two generations of being called Usurpers, rule under the Circle of the Equals is met with a grudging familiarity by most.

Rae:
The new capital of Teren is Rae, which sits at the center of the God's Lake. It has the highest population city, named after the state, as all capitals are in Teren, in the entire country, and is the center for politics, and economics, with trade routes by water and land to all of Teren. Rae's walled city boasts the largest footprint of any of the capitals, and is home to people of all races, creed, and standing. The ruler of this state is Noctis Talea, the half-elf granddaughter to the human victor of the Border War.

Opimae:
Dominated by great plains, and a lush forest at encompasses the northeastern half of the country. Traditionally home to the elves, the Opimaen capital is the second largest by footprint, but the smallest in population. Opimae prides itself on being home to the philosophically, and creatively driven, and is dotted with many colleges dedicated to the liberal and traditional arts. Though open to all people, the high population of elves stands as a barrier for entry to some, particularly the dwarves of the north. The ruler of this state is an elven elder named Divum Talea.

Aldecia:
The northern border of all of Teren is dominated by a mountain range known as Heaven's Stairwell. The tallest of these mountains lie within Aldecia's borders, and with mountains come the dwarves. The Aldecian capital is home to some of the greatest craftsmen, and smiths to ever live. Technologically minded individuals also find their creations prized here, as such Aldecia boasts itself as the creators of metallurgy, the crossbow, and most recently the firearm. How much of that is true is anyone's guess. The capital lies at the base of a small mountain. It can be viewed as the smallest capital out of the four if only the surface is taken into account, but, like most of Aldecia, the capital is linked to every other major settlement throughout the state by a series of tunnels. The ruler of this state is a dwarf by the name of Niklis Metalbeard.

Salis:
Salis has the most coastline of any of the countries, as well as more lakes, and rivers, and waterways; even its capital is bordered on two sides by water. As a result Salis has grew to be relatively powerful state, with the largest navy of any of the kingdoms. It was this naval force that won them the Border War, first taking Opimae, then slowly driving the dwarves of Aldecia back into their mountains. Now as an equal member state of the Teren Union of Kingdoms, Salis functions as a center for trade with their ships importing and exporting everything to everywhere. The capital is a cultural mecha, second only to Rae in terms of population. The ruler of this state is the grandson of Salis' former king, and is a full blooded human, Zac Roe.

Pantheon of the Divine:

Sarenrae:
Known to her faithful as the Dawnflower, the Healing Flame, and the Everlight, Sarenrae teaches temperance and patience in all things. Compassion and peace are her greatest virtues, and if enemies of the faith can be redeemed, they should be. Yet there are those who have no interest in redemption, who glory in slaughter and death. From the remorseless evil of the undead and fiends to the cruelties born in the hearts of mortals, Sarenrae's doctrines preach swift justice delivered by the scimitar's edge. To this end, she expects her faithful to be skilled at swordplay, both as a form of martial art promoting centering of mind and body, and so that when they do enter battle, their foes do not suffer any longer than necessary. Her name is the one most prayed on by the citizens of Teren. She is Neutral Good.

Torag:
Torag is a stoic and serious god who values honor, planning and well-made steel. He is an often distant deity, lending magical power to his clerics, but leaving his followers to make their own way through life, knowing that this will make them strong and determined. He is the patron god of the dwarves. He is Lawful Good.

Asmodeus:
Asmodeus is the most powerful of the two archdevils that inhabit Hell and the only one to claim full divinity. It is she who is credited with the penning of the contract of creation, within which her followers believe is hidden the means for their patron's eventual rise to supremacy. She is Lawful Evil.

Abadar:
Abadar is known to be a patient deity. Maintaining a strong neutral stance in his actions, he sets forth to further expand civilization and order in the world and among the peoples of Teren. He is Lawful Neutral.

Calis:
Calis is a goddess of many faces and guises, including lust and revenge. She is held in especially high regard by elves, who often identify her moods and attitude with that of their people. A fondness of wasps has earned this vengeful deity the title the Savored Sting; such creatures live on after harming their enemies, a trait to be emulated should one seek to inflict pain on another. She is Chaotic Neutral.

Desna:
A god known to do things she wants to do rather than what is expected. While her peers burdened themselves with the task of creating Teren she spent her time building the heavens. She's changed little since those earlier days, and she and her followers delight in exploring the world for glimpses of heaven. She is Chaotic Good.

Phara:
"The Lady of Graves", Pharas is the goddess who shepherds Teren's recently-departed souls to their final reward. Upon death, souls migrate to Phara's Boneyard in the Outer Sphere, which sits atop an impossibly tall spire that pierces the Astral Plane. Phara makes no decision on whether a death is just or not; she views all with a cold and uncaring attitude, and decides on which of the Outer Planes a soul will spend eternity, Heaven, Hell, or the Ever, a plane she presides over personally. Phara is also the goddess of birth and prophecy: from the moment a creature is born, she sees what its ultimate fate will be, but reserves final judgement until that soul finally stands before her. As the goddess of death and rebirth, she abhors the undead and considers them a perversion. She is Neutral.

Lamna:
Lamna is the mother and patroness of many misshapen and malformed creatures that crawl, slither, or flap on, above, or below the surface of Teren. She is chaotic evil.

Urgath:
Urgath is the goddess of physical excess, disease, and the undead. She is mostly worshiped by dark necromancers and the undead. Sometimes those wishing to become undead and those who live gluttonous lifestyles make supplication to her. On occasion, folk infected with plagues make offerings to Urgathoa. She is Neutral Evil.

Using the [rand] tag to 'Roll':

The [rand] tag gives you a random number depending on what you type into the tag. Typing in a single number gives you a random number between 1 and that number. To start from a number that isn't 1 type the parameters and separate the two numbers with a comma (,). This simulates dice rolling perfectly, allowing an RP like this to be possible.

To use the [rand] tag you do this:

Code:
For one number:
[rand]20[/rand]

For a number not starting at one:
[rand]10,20[/rand]

It will look like this:

For one number:
Random number (1,20) :

For a number not starting at one:
Random number (10,20) :

Character Creation:

For creating a character each player will have to roll for only their ability scores, which will involve six rolls of 10 to 18. The 6 scores will then be allotted however the player wants.

Here is an example:

Character Sheet:

Name:

Race:

Appearance:

Deity: (If any)

Alignment:

Starting Class:

Stats: (Use separate post to determine numbers)

Str: (Determines melee damage and attack rolls; Good for Fighters, Monks, Paladins, and some Ranger builds)
Dex: (Determines ranged damage and attack rolls, reflex saving throws, and armor class; Good for Rogues, and Rangers.)
Con: (Determines HP, and fortitude saving throws; Good for anyone planning on getting hit.)
Int: (Determines... not a whole lot in this RP unless you're a Wizard)
Wis: (Determines will saving throw; Good for Clerics, Druids, Monks, and Rangers)
Cha: (Determines not a whole lot unless you're a Cleric, Paladin, Sorcerer, or Bard)

Personality:

Background:

Code:
[b]Name:[/b]

[b]Race:[/b]

[b]Age:[/b]

[b]Gender:[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]Occupation:[/b]

[b]Deity:[/b] (If any)

[b]Alignment:[/b]

[b]Starting Class:[/b]

[b]Stats:[/b] (Use separate post to determine numbers)

[i]Str:[/i] (Determines melee damage and attack rolls; Good for Fighters, Monks, Paladins, and some Ranger builds)
[i]Dex:[/i] (Determines ranged damage and attack rolls, reflex saving throws, and armor class; Good for Rogues, and Rangers.)
[i]Con:[/i] (Determines HP, and fortitude saving throws; Good for anyone planning on getting hit.)
[i]Int:[/i] (Determines... not a whole lot in this RP unless you're a Wizard)
[i]Wis:[/i] (Determines will saving throw; Good for Clerics, Druids, Monks, and Rangers)
[i]Cha:[/i] (Determines not a whole lot unless you're a Cleric, Paladin, Sorcerer, or Bard)

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Background:[/b]

Things to note:

A few ground rules, and FAQs:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Script-Z on Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://script-z.deviantart.com
Neo Bahamut
Unyielding Force of Thoroughbred Penis
Unyielding Force of Thoroughbred Penis
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: A Cruel and Angry God.   A Cruel and Angry God. EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 3:47 am

Done.

Name: Senthose Rasheverek

Race: Human

Appearance: Simple black robes, shoulder-length black hair, pale skin, & blue eyes.

Deity: Asmodeus

Alignment: Lawful Evil

Starting Class: Sorcerer

Stats: (Use separate post to determine numbers)

Str: 14
Dex: 15
Con: 14
Int: 12
Wis: 14
Cha: 18

Personality: As a rule, Senthose has no conscience, & tends not to feel remorse or empathy. What he does have is an admiration for dedication & results. Rapists, hoarders, & psychotic criminals are just suffering without purpose, which is why he detests them. On the inverse, he expresses no personal disdain for the idealism of the self-proclaimed "good." Those who get in his way, he eliminates through the easiest available method, whether that means diplomacy or death. Those who have done something to earn his wrath face protracted payback, if it is in his power. He tries to uphold the law, but prefers to promote laws that he believes are ideal, & is not above following the letter of the law & ignoring the principle. He is not the heroic type, but will assist someone in need if it isn't too much trouble.

Background: Senthose was born in a town midway between Salis and Opimae. It was a small, backwater town, which was paranoid & superstitious as a rule. This became a problem when his magical powers came to him during puberty. Passive-aggressive taunts were exchanged, & frustration between him & the other residents mounted. When someone harassed his cat, he threatened to kill him if he ever went near the animal again. He did not.

That is when he realized that he could keep people in-line with fear, if only it weren't evil. It wasn't much of a jump from that to wondering who decided that evil was wrong. Then, finally, abandoning Sarenrae altogether. This decision did not go over well with his parents, who disowned him. It looked as though there would be a fight, but surprisingly, Senthose left upon being accused of blind violence & a lack of restraint.

Senthose went to Opimae, thinking that magic would be more accepted there. He was correct, but that also meant stuffy wizards who insisted that he was a mindless thug because of his alignment & natural powers. To prove them wrong, he enrolled himself into college. Owing to hard work & natural cunning, he graduated mighty early. Here, he met Noctis, & they proceeded to be your typical college liberals in desperate need of a shave. The pair became the lesbian & straight guy version of heterosexual life partners, & Noctis took him on as an adviser when she became queen. It was also in Opimae that Senthose learned about the non-good gods of the pantheon, and decided to worship Asmodeus.

Last edited by Neo Bahamut on Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:11 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://neon.rpg-board.net
Azena

Azena

Quote : The next time I want to kill someone, how about you just let me

PostSubject: Re: A Cruel and Angry God.   A Cruel and Angry God. EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 10:59 am

I guess he still fits for this.

Name: Rygar

Race: Dwarf

Appearance: Yes I know, but Thorin is so close to how I imagined Rygar.
A Cruel and Angry God. Tumblr_loiv8jtGqY1qcga5ro1_500

Occupation: Agent of the Church. Rygar is sent into the world to handle a variety of church business, whether it be to procure valuable and historical artifacts to the Dwarves or Torag, or to hunt down creatures or people that are a danger to the safety of Dwarves or the order of Torag.

Deity: Torag

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Starting Class: Inquisitor

Stats: 18,16,14,14,12,10

Str: 14
Dex: 18
Con: 16
Int: 12
Wis: 14
Cha: 10

Personality:
A true Dwarf, Rygar values honor and justice above all else. However, he tends to take them from his own point of view, often dishing out "street-justice" when he sees someone deserving of unorthodox measures. He holds loyalty to Torag and the Dwarven people above all else. In his tiring age, he has taken his travels slower and enjoys the places he visits more, often engaging in a few dozen rounds of drinks with dwarves and humans in the local taverns. When it comes to his interactions, his age and dedication to Dwarven traditions leaves him extremely cold to orcs and half-orcs and distant from elves and halflings. Though when needed, he has no problem working with these races, if he at least just doesn't trust them.

Background:
Rygar was found on the doorstep of the Church of Torag and was taken into their care. He spent his life growing up learning the traditions and honor of the Dwarven people, which fascinated him far more than the teachings of Torag. This leads many to believe he was the son of a poor miner, or someone working closely with the stone. He was given the choice of donning the sacred beliefs of Torag as a cleric or to strike out into the world as an inquisitor for his people. He of course, choose the latter, relishing the opportunity to see the world and learn the place his people had in it. Countless adventures into dangerous ruins and heart pounding hunts after powerful beasts and dangerous people made his life as exciting as he could have hoped. He has been at it for nearly 40 years and loves each and every expedition.

He has made many friends in his travels and has a place to call home in nearly every town, usually just at the taverns for being such a loyal customer. The only thing he cherishes more than the adventure, is a tall pint of ale and the merry company of the hearty townsfolk. Currently, Rygar has been sent out by the church to track down and bring to justice a dwarf that has been accused of murder and fled rather than face the charges. Normally, a job that would be passed to another, but given that the victim was a member of the church and a good friend, he volunteered for the hunt and has eagerly set out.

Last edited by Azena on Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:47 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/mynameisgarrus
Azena

Azena

PostSubject: Re: A Cruel and Angry God.   A Cruel and Angry God. EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 11:15 am

Random number (10,18) :
Random number (10,18) :
Random number (10,18) :
Random number (10,18) :
Random number (10,18) :
Random number (10,18) :
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: A Cruel and Angry God.   A Cruel and Angry God. EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 10:11 pm

Accepted.
Back to top Go down
Seraph

Seraph

PostSubject: Re: A Cruel and Angry God.   A Cruel and Angry God. EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 10:18 pm

Why aren't you on MSN Script?

(I might be willing to discuss joining this even though D&D makes me furious)
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: A Cruel and Angry God.   A Cruel and Angry God. EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 11:07 pm

I was going to post in everything, then get on MSN, as per usual. There was a lot of things to post in today though, and I had to make a bit of a character sheet for Rygar.
Back to top Go down
Seraph

Seraph

PostSubject: Re: A Cruel and Angry God.   A Cruel and Angry God. EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 11:47 pm

Random number (10,18) :

Random number (10,18) :

Random number (10,18) :

Random number (10,18) :

Random number (10,18) :

Random number (10,18) :
Back to top Go down
Seraph

Seraph

PostSubject: Re: A Cruel and Angry God.   A Cruel and Angry God. EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 12:40 am

Name: Levin Colbrandt

Race: Half Elf

Appearance: Levin Colbrandt

Deity: Sarenrae

Alignment: Neutral Good

Starting Class: Cavalier

Stats: 10, 16, 17, 18, 12, 18

Str: 18
Dex: 16
Con: 18
Int: 10
Wis: 17
Cha: 12

Personality: TBD

Background: TBD

Last edited by Seraph on Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Azena

Azena

PostSubject: Re: A Cruel and Angry God.   A Cruel and Angry God. EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 6:33 am

The bloody half-elf is better than the dwarf. Damn you random roll -.-
Back to top Go down
Dego

Dego

PostSubject: Re: A Cruel and Angry God.   A Cruel and Angry God. EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 7:42 am

Random number (10,20) :
Random number (10,20) :
Random number (10,20) :
Random number (10,20) :
Random number (10,20) :
Random number (10,20) :
Back to top Go down
Dego

Dego

PostSubject: Re: A Cruel and Angry God.   A Cruel and Angry God. EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 7:43 am

...Wow. Guess I better pick a class that only needs one stat.
Back to top Go down
Azena

Azena

PostSubject: Re: A Cruel and Angry God.   A Cruel and Angry God. EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 10:13 am

Dego, its 10 to 18
Back to top Go down
Dego

Dego

PostSubject: Re: A Cruel and Angry God.   A Cruel and Angry God. EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 11:10 am

...whoops then. Ah well. Wasn't paying attention apparently.
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: A Cruel and Angry God.   A Cruel and Angry God. EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 1:12 pm

Then I guess you get lucky and get to reroll.
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: A Cruel and Angry God.   A Cruel and Angry God. EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 1:34 pm

Random number (10,18) :
Random number (10,18) :
Random number (10,18) :
Random number (10,18) :
Random number (10,18) :
Random number (10,18) :
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: A Cruel and Angry God.   A Cruel and Angry God. EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 1:35 pm

Well... That worked out well.
Back to top Go down
Taegan

PostSubject: Re: A Cruel and Angry God.   A Cruel and Angry God. EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 1:35 pm

Lucky bitch. o_o
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: A Cruel and Angry God.   A Cruel and Angry God. EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 1:36 pm

That is what I called Seraph. I take it back. I have obviously earned the title.
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: A Cruel and Angry God.   A Cruel and Angry God. EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 1:40 pm

Random number (10,18) :
Random number (10,18) :
Random number (10,18) :
Random number (10,18) :
Random number (10,18) :
Random number (10,18) :
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: A Cruel and Angry God.   A Cruel and Angry God. EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 1:40 pm

I like my rolls : D

I had to edit this shit like 4 times so my emoticon would fucking show...
Back to top Go down
Seraph

Seraph

PostSubject: Re: A Cruel and Angry God.   A Cruel and Angry God. EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:30 pm

Nice rolls bro.
Back to top Go down
Azena

Azena

PostSubject: Re: A Cruel and Angry God.   A Cruel and Angry God. EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:41 pm

Ah fucking shit. Everyone is stronger than my damn dwarf x.x something is wrong in the d&d world. Oh well, I'll probably end up making another character anyways.
Back to top Go down
Seraph

Seraph

PostSubject: Re: A Cruel and Angry God.   A Cruel and Angry God. EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:46 pm

u mad bro?
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: A Cruel and Angry God.   A Cruel and Angry God. EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:54 pm

Lol, don't worry, don't worry. You already have a Dex of 19, and a Con of 19. If you stick with ranged you'll do mighty well, with the added bonus of having a very good AC, as well as good health when that AC fails.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Cruel and Angry God.   A Cruel and Angry God. Empty

Back to top Go down

A Cruel and Angry God.
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Neo's RP :: Completed RPGs :: A Cruel and Angry God-
Jump to: