Neo's RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Neo's RP

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Cruel and Angry God.

Go down 
+3
Azena
Neo Bahamut
Script-Z
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Azena

Azena

Quote : The next time I want to kill someone, how about you just let me

A Cruel and Angry God. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Cruel and Angry God.   A Cruel and Angry God. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 6:18 pm

19? Guess race/class bonus? what's AC? sorry for my D&D noobishness
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/mynameisgarrus
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: A Cruel and Angry God.   A Cruel and Angry God. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 6:33 pm

Dex was because of the level up. We start at level 4. Con started at 16, went to 17 due to level, then got a plus 2 due to race. You have a 9 on your Cha though, lol.

As for AC, it is armor class. The higher your Dex can be considered 'natural armor', or how well you avoid getting stabbed in the jugular. The higher your AC the harder you are to hit.

I touched on attack rolls in the opening post. Attack rolls are stacked against an enemy's AC. Put simply, if you have a 16 AC someone will need to roll a 16 or greater to hit you. Other factors are involved, but that is a simple way to look at it.
Back to top Go down
http://script-z.deviantart.com
Azena

Azena

PostSubject: Re: A Cruel and Angry God.   A Cruel and Angry God. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 8:00 pm

Well, atleast I have a reason to be a social asshole.

Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: A Cruel and Angry God.   A Cruel and Angry God. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 8:05 pm

Cha can also be taken to mean how good looking you are, you ugly son of a bitch.
Back to top Go down
Azena

Azena

PostSubject: Re: A Cruel and Angry God.   A Cruel and Angry God. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 8:13 pm

well, I am a dwarf. Ever our women are ugly.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Unyielding Force of Thoroughbred Penis
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: A Cruel and Angry God.   A Cruel and Angry God. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 8:16 pm

Are you ever going to actually finish this sign-up?
Back to top Go down
https://neon.rpg-board.net
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: A Cruel and Angry God.   A Cruel and Angry God. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 8:40 pm

HEY, FUCK YOU, I JUST DID, SO SUCK IT!
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: A Cruel and Angry God.   A Cruel and Angry God. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 9:54 pm

Azena wrote:
well, I am a dwarf. Ever our women are ugly.
Don't they look exactly like the dwarf men?

Anyway:

Name: Namond Kronuion

Race: Gnome

Appearance: Namond is about 3'1 with medium length dark red hair, tanned skin, and purple eyes. He has brown, hardly noticeable rune markings on both his arms.

Deity: N/A (Unless I need one.)

Alignment: Neutral Good

Starting Class: Oracle

Stats: 18, 16, 16, 14, 11, 10

Str: 11
Dex: 14
Con: 10
Int: 16
Wis: 18
Cha: 16
Personality: Namond is friendly, but can act stand-offish at times. He also tends to joke about things to release stress. Although he mostly travels alone, he's not adverse to joining others. Namond also tends to be obvious to others feelings at times.

Background: Namond was born to a pair of Craftsmen in the capital of Opimae. However, his mother left about 2 years after his birth, leaving him with his father. Nomand, not having any memories of his mother, never really cared about losing her. He was then happily raised by his father.

However, when he was 7, something happened that changed his life. Namond began to have prophetic visions. Scared, Namond went to his father, who had absolutely do idea what to do. Eventually, he decided to go to the Church of Calis for help. Namond however convinced him he was fine, as he didn't want to cause trouble. So instead, Namond became to learn to cope with his visions and continued with his life. When he was 20, Namond took to traveling around around Opimae, which took him 5 years. After returning home, Namond spend the next 9 years studying the magical arts, especially healing, all the while trying to determine what his visions mean. One year ago, he left for Aldecia to continue seeing the world.

(I probably should add I'll be using the Time Mystery and Legalistic as the curse.)

Should I switch my Wisdom and Charisma stats? Charisma seems to be used for oracle spells.

Last edited by Leafy on Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:36 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: A Cruel and Angry God.   A Cruel and Angry God. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 9:56 pm

Random number (10,18) :
Random number (10,18) :
Random number (10,18) :
Random number (10,18) :
Random number (10,18) :
Random number (10,18) :
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: A Cruel and Angry God.   A Cruel and Angry God. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 10:26 pm

Oh god gnomes...
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: A Cruel and Angry God.   A Cruel and Angry God. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 10:46 pm

Random number (10,18) :
Random number (10,18) :
Random number (10,18) :
Random number (10,18) :
Random number (10,18) :
Random number (10,18) :
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: A Cruel and Angry God.   A Cruel and Angry God. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 11:03 pm

Alright, I finished everything. I won't be making another character, at least not until I have some idea what I'm doing in the RP.
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: A Cruel and Angry God.   A Cruel and Angry God. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 11:16 pm

Accepted.
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: A Cruel and Angry God.   A Cruel and Angry God. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 11:38 pm

Finally finished.
Back to top Go down
Seraph

Seraph

PostSubject: Re: A Cruel and Angry God.   A Cruel and Angry God. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 11:39 pm

I'll get mine done shortly. I just did like a 2000 word+ post and need to recharge my brain.
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: A Cruel and Angry God.   A Cruel and Angry God. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 11:46 pm

Oh the days of 2000+ RP posts... How I miss you...

That said, man up. I used to be in the amount of RPs I'm in now, posting 1000+ posts.

As for Leafy, I'm leaving character creation up to you. I'm not really sure how Oracles work beyond a passing familiarity, so I am unsure about what would make a better build. As for the feats just hold your horses, we'll get to that when all is said and done.

All in all, accepted.
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: A Cruel and Angry God.   A Cruel and Angry God. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 2:30 am

Quote :
Name: Jeanne Sacre.

Race: Human.

Appearance: Pale blonde hair, with ice blue eyes, and fair skin. Her armor is white and gold.

Jeanne.

Deity: Sarenrae.

Alignment: Lawful Good.

Starting Class: Paladin.

Stats:

Str: 18
Dex: 17
Con: 17
Int: 15
Wis: 15
Cha: 18

Personality: Kind, caring, and in possession of a grand self trust. Not over confident, just aware of of her limits, and her ability to judge, and push them. Accepting of faults in others, and loyal despite knowing of them. Trusting, but never blindly so.

Background: Though not initially of Rae, it is Jeanne’s home, and the city in which she was raised. The second child in a family of innkeepers, Jeanne was mild, and unassuming. At Jeanne’s twelfth birthday she took an apprenticeship with a blacksmith, Louis, and honor driven, and righteous man, and began to work at the smithy.
At around the age of fifteen Louis left for a trip to Salis. The whole trip should have taken a few months at maximum, but as half a year ticked by Jeanne found herself worried, and though she had become skilled, she didn’t think she had the will, or knowhow to run the smithy on her own. More than once she found herself on the raw end of a deal, only realizing after that she had given someone a stupendous discount for no real reason, or realizing the ‘masterwork’ she was buying was just a step above worthless.
At the dawn of Jeanne’s sixteenth birthday she received the present of Louis’ return, though he was vastly different than she remembered. Nearly a year gone, the blacksmith had returned a cleric to the god Sarenrae. After a month Louis sat Jeanne down and explained that he wanted her to travel to where he did. Cautious, but accepting, Jeanne packed up and was out on the road later that week. Once she arrived at the temple she was found to be unfit for the role of a cleric, her handle over divine magic were flawed, and unrefined at best, and it would have taken her far too long to understand the nature of divinity were she to take that path. Not wanting to waste the trip, Jeanne pleaded with the priests and it was decided that she would be trained as a champion to Sarenrae, as a paladin.
Jeanne studied martial warfare, scripture, divinity, and how they all interlace. She found herself, for lack of a more clichéd term, enlightened by her time at the temple. She was taught that justice and freedom are brought about through charity, modesty, perseverance, and self-sacrifice. She came to realize that the truly strong don't need to prove their power. In her mind the best way to rid the world of evil was to strive to perform so many good acts that evil has no room in which to exist. Jeanne grew to detest evil, but she was urged by the priests to remember that excessive attention to things of evil can blind one to the truly important things: compassion and goodness. These are what must be emphasized above all.

Quote :
Name: Iliad Bell.

Race: Half-Elf.

Appearance: Iliad.

Deity: Calis.

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral.

Starting Class: Gunslinger.

Stats:

Str: 15
Dex: 18
Con: 15
Int: 15
Wis: 18

Personality: Iliad is cocksure, sarcastic, and no stranger to waking up next to a one night stand who's name she can't remember. Always out for a good time, even if she can't remember it in the morning, Iliad has gained somewhat of a reputation for being a rolling stone throughout Stalis and Rae.

Background: Iliad wasn't what most would call a troubled girl, in fact her childhood bordered on the damn near perfect. She was brought up in a well-to-do family, House Bell of Rae. Her father, Zellan Bell, was a wealthy merchant, who moved up from buying and selling items, to buying and selling entire businesses. This had allowed himself to rise through the social ladder so that by his later years House Bell was synonymous with high nobility in Rae, or, at the very least, wealth.
Iliad's father provided her with a very rich life. She received the best education money could buy, and tutors in whatever trade Iliad took a fancy to. It was her mother, however, that made her life a joy. Where her father played the role of business man, her mother played the role of caretaker. It was her ability to nurture that had grew Iliad into the woman her father was proud of. Iliad's life was fine for many years, becoming quite the social butterfly. Things would soon change, however, as they often do.
With her father away on a business trip, Iliad left home early one morning to shoot the breeze with some friends. Later on in the evening when Iliad had returned home she found her mother, dead in her bed. She was stabbed in the back, the knife still upright in her. Her blood was still warm as it pooled on the bed.
The next few weeks were a blur of accusations, investigations, anger, and sadness. Quickly though, it had begun to seem that the investigation would never reach a conclusion. House Bell simply had too many enemies, too many people that would be willing to hire an assassin to eliminate them while they slept, luckily for Iliad and her father, they were not asleep at home that day. As the official investigation began to wind down Iliad began to form her own theories as to who may have sought to harm her family.
Finally, Iliad decided she could do no more as the heir to a House, and made plans to leave Rae, and search for her mother's killer personally.
To do so she joined in with a band of thieves. After drifting around, following one lead to the next, Iliad heard a startling story. At about this time she had graduated from thieving to full blown piracy, with a legitimate apprenticeship as a sailor in Salis. Supposedly one of the crew aboard the ship had done work with a wealthy man back in Rae. Iliad thought nothing of it until she heard that the man had hired assassins previously to eliminate rivals. When Iliad questioned him further she found out that the man was responsible for a string of deaths in Rae, including that of a wealthy elf woman, but was two steps away from getting his hands officially dirty.
A month later, Iliad paid the man a late night visit, and put a lead ball between his eyes. Realizing she had abandoned all claims to her titles, and inheritance, Iliad decided to continue living out her life as a pirate, and even built up a bit of renown for her deeds.
Back to top Go down
Dego

Dego

PostSubject: Re: A Cruel and Angry God.   A Cruel and Angry God. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 4:52 am

Random number (10,18) :
Random number (10,18) :
Random number (10,18) :
Random number (10,18) :
Random number (10,18) :
Random number (10,18) :
Back to top Go down
Azena

Azena

PostSubject: Re: A Cruel and Angry God.   A Cruel and Angry God. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 5:10 am

Yep, Leafy, minus the beards, thankfully.
Back to top Go down
Dego

Dego

PostSubject: Re: A Cruel and Angry God.   A Cruel and Angry God. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 6:27 am

Name: Verano Delacroix

Race: Tiefling

Appearance: Verano is fairly tall, with long thin limbs and pale skin. His left eye is violet while his right is bright orange, and his hair is short and black. While not very typical, he'd pass as a mostly normal human if it wasn't for the razor sharp teeth and long winding tail. His tail is roughly as long as his leg, covered in red scales and prehensile, though he doesn't advertise the fact. He can, when he wants to, hide it by keeping it wrapped around one of his legs.

He generally wears tough clothes, typical of where he's staying until he's out in the wilderness where he wears heavier studded leather.

Occupation: 'Archeologist', 'Handyman'. Less generous people call him a tomb robber and professional thief. He rather dislikes these people.

Deity: None

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Starting Class: Rogue

Stats:
Str: 11
Con: 14
Int: 16
Wis: 11
Cha: 10

Personality: Being treated as he is, generally with mistrust on some level even by people he deals with regularly, Verano tends towards disliking people. It's not overt, but it colors everything he does, and while not necessarily a bad person he's forced to do what he has to in order to live comfortably. He hides it behind sarcasm and cheer, and is always on the move so he doesn't find it necessary to be friends with many people. However he is a moral individual, while he does many questionable activities as odd jobs, he takes each one as an individual case and doesn't do anything that offends his sensibilities. Mostly, this means he never commits violence on someone, or does a job that harms someone he feels doesn't deserve it.

Background: Verano doesn't know much about his family, his father kept him and his mother at arm's length. He was, apparently, illegitimate to begin with but his father had been willing to overlook that when he had a male heir. When the tail began growing and the first razorsharp teeth began poking out that changed. His mother raised him in a shack built at the edge of the estate, and cared nothing about her child's unusual nature (he looked nothing like either of his parents, on top of everything else) and loved him as her own. He didn't cry as a child, and was always attentive and clever growing up. When he became around twelve his father kicked him and his mother out of the estate entirely, forcing them very suddenly to fend for themselves.

It was around this time he started doing odd jobs for various people, most legitimate, some questionable, but his mother was simply happy her child was so readily able to help them live. They ended up living in a tavern basement, where she also worked. This went on for years before he was filled with a wanderlust, and a boundless curiousity. Most important to him was the obvious question: Where in his bloodline did a Devil cross over? He bid his mother goodbye, leaving her all the money he had saved up and striking out on his own. She is, to the best of his knowledge, still alive and comfortable, and he intends to visit her soon.

He's been traveling around, doing odd jobs to keep himself fed and supplied, while exploring wherever he can to find ancient lore, or traces of his family histories (both his mother and father's). This journey only began a few years ago, and he's made very little progress so far, but he has made a lot of contacts and sharpened a lot of skills.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: A Cruel and Angry God.   A Cruel and Angry God. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 6:58 am

It just occured to me that I never bothered to explain Senthose's home life. Maybe I should do that later.
You'd think having a child who clearly states that he's evil would have some kind of effect on the family.
Back to top Go down
Dego

Dego

PostSubject: Re: A Cruel and Angry God.   A Cruel and Angry God. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 7:02 am

Name: Cale Shira

Race: Halfling

Appearance: Short, even for a halfling, Cale tops out at a whopping 2' 6''. He has colored his hair a variety of colors, a small rainbow sitting on his head. His eyes are both a bright blue, and his skin is tan.

Deity: Desna

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Starting Class: Cleric

Stats:
Str: 13
Con: 16
Int: 10
Wis: 17

Personality: Extremely light hearted, cheerful, and impossible to bring down. Cale has no fear or sorrow, even when bad things happen he's the first to tell a joke or look on the bright side. This has at times gotten on the nerves of people who think some occasions should be sombre, but he believes he should always be of good mood. "Either you're already happy, so need to express it, or you're sad, so you need cheering up!"

Background: Cale was always, even for halflings, exceedingly curious. He's tumbled into more wolf dens than his father cares to admit. Luckily, he was able to grow to reach a good age without any real injury thanks to his father's formidable skill as a ranger. While not particularly clever, Cale is fairly lucky and extremely nimble. He also has a good sense of things, acting not so much on thought but instinct and whim. His whims drove him to leave home fairly young, saying goodbye to his father, and drew him naturally towards Desna as he explored. He's become very religious, and wishes to spread his love of the world and its wonders to other people, doing so not by preaching but by showing. Cale doesn't mind if they don't worship Desna, but if they appreciate the beauty of the world that's enough for him.

Last edited by Dego on Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:27 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dego

Dego

PostSubject: Re: A Cruel and Angry God.   A Cruel and Angry God. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 7:03 am

Random number (10,18) :
Random number (10,18) :
Random number (10,18) :
Random number (10,18) :
Random number (10,18) :
Random number (10,18) :
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: A Cruel and Angry God.   A Cruel and Angry God. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 9:42 am

Script-Z wrote:

As for Leafy, I'm leaving character creation up to you. I'm not really sure how Oracles work beyond a passing familiarity, so I am unsure about what would make a better build. As for the feats just hold your horses, we'll get to that when all is said and done.

All in all, accepted.
Alright, sounds good.

Azena: Wait, I though they had beards too.
Back to top Go down
Azena

Azena

PostSubject: Re: A Cruel and Angry God.   A Cruel and Angry God. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 9:45 am

What races are you accepting? I want a second character but not really from the few main races.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Character_race_(Dungeons_%26_Dragons)

Was looking at that for ideas but there are tons, any that you just flat out won't accept? I'd guess for various reasons there are many.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Cruel and Angry God.   A Cruel and Angry God. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Cruel and Angry God.
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Neo's RP :: Completed RPGs :: A Cruel and Angry God-
Jump to: