Neo's RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Neo's RP

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Game-Changers & Grudge Matches

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Script-Z

Script-Z

Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 19 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 7:07 am

"Yea, I'd say so," Gabe said, punctuating her statement with a tiny yawn, "I'm ready to get some sleep."
Back to top Go down
http://script-z.deviantart.com
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 19 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 7:09 am

<Oh, alright. Thanks for letting me come along after I acted like a bitch.>

*Tirea gives everyone a hug*
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 19 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 7:25 am

"Being a little weird isn't the same thing as a bitch," Gabe said, running a hand through her messy hair, "Though maybe you can try to pare it down a bit. You're a lot to handle sometimes, and it can be overwhelming."
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 19 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 7:30 am

*Tirea looks down at the ground*

<I'm trying to be better.>
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Unyielding Force of Thoroughbred Penis
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 19 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 7:52 am

*Euryale wraps her arm around Mortal's neck & shoulders & sinks in for a lengthy kiss on the lips. When she breaks away, she wishes Mortal goodnight, says that she'll see her in the morning, & goes into her room to sleep.*

OOC: Fuck you, timeskip.

*Tirea, Gabe, Astarte, Roatha, Euryale, Venezuela, Noctis, & Mortal are gathered in the park, however much persuasion that took on Mortale's part. More specifically, they're at a small, self-contained playground. Euryale thrusts the palm of her formerly injured arm at the sandbox & a wave of sand blows over the side. She looks at Ven, beaming, but her smile fades as she receives only a blank stare in return.*

E"Would it kill you to show some enthusiasm?"

V"It was good. You would be able to propel a sand-sailor with that."

E"Alright, now let's see what you've got."

*Ven gestures to a pile of Pro-Bending discs sitting at her feet & flicks her wrist, sending it rocketing into the swing set. It manages to hit the farthest bar of the frame, & crumbles into pieces.*

E"Nice. And good thing too, since you've got that match with the Mongoose Lizards tonight."

V"Will you be there to watch?"

*Euryale sighs.*

E"Unfortunately, no. After the trial, Chief Beifong wants us to investigate the park spirit. We've got 2 different leads that we're going to follow, hence the extra truck."

*She gestures to the parking lot.*
===================================
*Monu is presumably working in the cafe. It's much busier than usual, due to the Red Monsoon Trial that will be taking place in about an hour. As such, the place is packed with camera-armed reporters, a few Metalbending cops, and mostly just regular civilians in formal wear. The woman from the other day is next in line.*

Selena<I'll just have a tea. Surprise me. So long as it's sweet.>
====================================
*Eve & Dalia are awoken by newspapers hitting their doors.*
====================================
*Hector, Stefan, & Eduj are doing whatever.*
Back to top Go down
https://neon.rpg-board.net
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 19 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 7:59 am

*Monu smiles and nods*

<Gotcha!>

*He returns with peach tea a few minutes later*
---
*Eve goes out to get the paper*
---
*Tirea watches with an air of excited nervousness*
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 19 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 9:16 am

Noct brought a book with her, and was busy reading that, but looked up from her page whenever Ven did something so she could cheer her on.

Mortal was sipping a bottle of water as she watched the proceedings, and glanced towards Gabe. She said in a quiet voice, "So, do you think she is ready?"

"Honestly, I think she has great potential, but I wouldn't run her this season if I didn't have to. Next season she is going to be a killer, right now we just have to count our lucky stars that she is picking all this up so fast," Gabe said, "That said, I'm confident that we can win. Maybe even take the whole damn thing."

"Don't get too cocky," Mortal said, "There is still a lot that can go wrong. Hell, a bad ding to your knee and even you might have to sit it out." Gabe glared at her so she added, "Not that I'm trying to be negative. I just don't want you to get your hopes up."

"Sports is all about getting your hopes up," Gabe said, "You can never win if you don't think there is a chance."
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 19 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 10:24 pm

*Euryale turns to Gabe.*

"Well, do you guys want to come to the trial with us, or were you looking to do some last minute practice?"
==========================
<Yes, thank you.>

*She pays him, takes the tea, & begins sipping it while leaning against a wall. She stares out of the window in the direction of the Council building.*
==========================
*The front page story is a warning about a park spirit. It contains a composite charcoal drawing of a tall man in a black suit with no face & a fanged grin, & a dozen tentacles wriggling out of its back. The article says that 6 more people went missing in the park, 4 of them children, & so they're anxious to get the word out before there is any more damage. It advises that people avoid going to the park alone, especially at night, until the police can resolve the situation.*
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 19 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 10:25 pm

*Tirea looks from Gabe to Euryale*

<Could we really go?>
---
*Eve raises an eyebrow and opens the paper*
---
*Monu looks curiously at her*

<Um, is everything alright?>
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 19 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 10:32 pm

"We really should practice," Gabe said, "We don't have time right now to be messing around." She then turned to Euryale, "Thanks for the offer though, I'm sure everything will go alright."
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 19 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 10:34 pm

*Tirea looks kind of sad, but says nothing*
Back to top Go down
Astarte

Astarte

Quote : I'm not the necrophiliac Arthur Chase - That's a different Arthur Chase.

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 19 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 11:07 pm

Astarte was presumably sitting/standing near Roatha, being as quiet as he was.

Dalia had a look at the front page and left the newspaper on the kitchen bench top. She then made herself breakfast and turned the radio on.

Only Stefan was awake. He and Hector had exchanged some very harsh words the night before when Stefan returned, as Stefan considered Hector responsible for costing him so much. Hector refused to accept blame. However, they settled down and came to an agreement eventually. Stefan was currently calling his father, hoping that with enough persuasion he would help pay the fine.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 19 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 11:20 pm

E"Alright, well, we'd better go. Mortal and I might be called as witnesses."

*Euryale heads to one of the trucks. Roatha follows, because he intends to watch the trial as well.*
===============================
*The inside of the paper says that the trial is today, and that Channel 17 will be featuring live radio coverage. Since Dalia presumably is not on Channel 17, she's hearing the same story about the Park Spirit. Other stories include that the fight against the Purists is continuing to go downhill but is expected to turn around when reserve police arrive from Ba Sing Se in the morning, Hiroshi Sato is producing a new model of race car, and a confirmation that Keter is, in fact, single.*
Selena<I'm just killing time. Why don't you worry about what you're doing?>
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 19 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 11:56 pm

Mortal walked off to the other truck, and began to head down to the court.

"We should probably start getting prepared for the game," Gabe said once they were gone.
Back to top Go down
Astarte

Astarte

Quote : I'm not the necrophiliac Arthur Chase - That's a different Arthur Chase.

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 19 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 2:08 am

Astarte tagged along with Roatha.

Dalia finished her breakfast, washed her plate off and then retrieved the newspaper, which she began reading while paying loose attention to the radio. As she found the information about Channel 17, she tuned in to listen to the trial.

Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 19 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 6:52 am

*Monu looks kind of hurt*

<I was just making sure.>
---
*Eve also tunes in to Channel 17*
---
*Tirea nods*

<Maybe away from the park though.>
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 19 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 7:29 am

"Yea, of course," Gabe said with a laugh, "We're going to the stadium to practice. I don't want Ven's first time out there being the game itself." She put her hands on her hips and waited a few seconds before saying, "We should have got a ride in one of the trucks."

"My car only fits two people," Noct said, "Though I guess I could ferry the team there one at a time."
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 19 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 7:32 am

<Or we could get a taxi.>
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 19 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 10:10 am

*One way or another, they arrive outside of the Pro-Bending ring. Ven stares up at the building looking confused & intimidated.*
*As people are filing into the court house, Euryale grabs Roatha's shoulder.*

E"Hey, what do you think you're doing?"

R"Finding...a...seat...?"

E"If you come in with us, don't you think that Senthose might figure out who you are?"

R"...Right, right, can't have that, can we?"

*Euryale heads past him, heading towards one of the front benches, where a group of about a dozen cops who were involved in the arrest are sitting.*
-------------------------------------------------------------
*Roatha turns to Astarte.*

"So how long do we have to wait out here?"
==================================
*The next person in line is a man who asks for ginger tea.*
==================================
*Dalia is probably reading the Keter article, lost in the descriptions of her full lips, twinkling eyes, gently curving thighs, & ivory skin.*

{The Council Hall is packed and the trial of the century will begin in just half an hour.}
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 19 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 11:16 am

Mortal waves to Roatha and says, "See you in a bit," as she walks passed him. She sits next to Euryale at the front bench.

--

Gabe just now realized that this wasn't only going to be Ven's first time in the stadium, but come game time she would have to deal with the crowd of fans. "Come on, it is this way," Gabe said, leading the group to the Pro-Bending court. She motioned to it, "This is where we'll play."
Back to top Go down
Leafy

Leafy

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 19 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 2:21 pm

*Tirea follows along*
---
*Monu nods, and goes to make it, returning with the tea*

<Here you go!>
---
*Eve listens while flipping though to the next page*
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 19 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 9:59 pm

*Ven cranes her neck up at the ring. Then she slowly pans down to the moat in front of her. Then she looks behind her, craning her neck up at the stands. She looks faintly sick.*
================================
*The cafe becomes progressively less busy as the trial approaches, & people file out to go to City Hall. Selena is long gone by this point.*
*At the front of the court room sits the standing Council, to their right, Lin Beifong is acting as security. In front of them are 2 tables. To the right, Saikhan and an elderly female lawyer with circle-rimmed glasses & a suit. To the left, in handcuffs, Senthose is laughing at something while Voland looks just as sour as ever. As if hearing Mortale enter, Senthose turns, & gives a little wave of his wrist to them, and a cameraman, in turn.*
*The next page is ads & horoscopes.*
Back to top Go down
Script-Z

Script-Z

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 19 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 10:08 pm

Gabe put a hand on her shoulder and smiled, "It is a bit overwhelming, I'm sure, but it is okay. You'll get used to it, and soon when the crowd cheers your name it'll drive you to even greater heights. For now though, you might want to try and just focus on the game, and ignore everything else."

--

Mortal ignores the prick.
Back to top Go down
Astarte

Astarte

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 19 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 11:37 pm

"I'm not really sure," Astarte shrugged. "A little while."

Hector finally got up and came into the living room as Stefan was putting the phone down.
"Thanks again," Stefan said, showing a sour face. "Now I've got to see my Dad."
Hector looked confused at this statement, but Stefan didn't give him time for a reply.
"And it makes our job and me getting a real job even more important," He sighed. "Fucking 1300 Yuans..."
"Sorry it turned out like this," Hector said, unconvincing. "But you know, shit happens. I'll owe you or something. Is there anything for breakfast?"
"Toast and water."

Dalia put the newspaper to one side and yawned.
Back to top Go down
Neo Bahamut
Neo Bahamut

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 19 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 1:32 am

*They presumably enter & sit in the back when the trial is about to begin. Franz, the Waterbender in the military suit with the handlebar mustache, bangs a gavel to call the room to order, because he is Council Chair. The lawyer then gets up & strides up to the Council as she speaks.*

Lawyer<We are gathered here today to put on trial the leader-->

Senthose<Alleged.>

Lawyer<--Alleged leader of the Red Monsoons.>

*She turns, pointing at Senthose.*

Lawyer<We aim to prove that this man conspired to attack "Lightning Bolt" Zolt's home and murder the man himself. Furthermore, that he assaulted several police officers in his pursuit, including the Chief of Police herself, and that he used the illegal skill of Bloodbending. To make way for his crimes, he ordered his Triad to destroy numerous public and private properties, and he himself destroyed several police scanners.>

*She now points at Voland.*

Lawyer<This man is charged with assisting him in these crimes.>

*Senthose winks at the camera, which has now moved to aim at his face from near the front of the courtroom, & stands up, gesturing at Voland.*

Senthose<First of all, I want to say that it's ridiculous that my client has no formal charges of his own, not connected to mine. What, is he not good enough? The prosecution is treating him as though he has no feelings! Esteemed Council members, that is the real crime, here. Oh, also, the charges are utter nonsense. That's also slightly important to mention.>

E"(Why do I feel like this is going to be a long, infuriating day?)"
"Focus on the game...ignore everything else...so I just hit people with rocks?"
*Cheering.*

Male Reporter<That was a crowd of admirers gathered outside of City Hall. This reporter frankly finds the alleged Triad leader's speech a little ridiculous, but--*faint yelling & booing*--BUT he seems to have gathered some popularity, particularly with Republic City's young women. Do you think he's innocent?>

Female voice<Of course, I mean, the boars probably just want to hide that they don't know what they're doing. It's obvious he's innocent, he's handsome, and rich, and was run out of the Southern Water Tribe for no good reason.>

Reporter<Interesting, um, logic.>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game-Changers & Grudge Matches   Game-Changers & Grudge Matches - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

Game-Changers & Grudge Matches
Page 19 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28 ... 38  Next